CZ reliability?

Guest Southern Christian Armed

Guest Southern Christian Armed

I am a current glock fan boy. But My ideal gun is a light, concealable hi cap handgun with equal reliability, but I prefer hammer fired and no safety, with decocker. I recently traded for a CZ75 P01. It fit every bill and even fit my hand like CZ custom tailored it to my hand. If the CZ is reliable, Id change my whole arsenal to cz's. Man this P01 is just built right out of my mind!

I think you'll find that among those who have shot a CZ you won't find any complaints about reliability. I currently have a P-01, CZ 82, CZ 97 BD, CZ 75 Phantom, and a CZ 75 Shadow. I've owned 3 others which I regret selling/trading as well and all have been very dependable guns.

For the first handgun class I took, I used my P-01. I put over 1000 rounds through it in 2 days without cleaning it. I didn't have a single malfunction that wasn't staged for the purpose of training.

Cz makes quality products.  It says something that 3 or 4 clones (or more?) are on the market, though the cz brand is not super pricy. 

A light, high cap cz?   The cz 82 or 83 (the 82 is milsurp, the 83 is new production but may be gone or going away) in 9x18 or 380 is very well liked.  A great deal of its popularity is the quality to price point on the 82 -- it was (maybe still is) right at 200 for a well made gun.   I liked it, but sold mine as I liked my makarov better and did not want to make ammo for the 82.  If you happen to be left handed, this becomes a top pick.

However, the cz rami is about the same size and is a full 9mm, and that is my favorite of their lineup.  10 round flush mag or 13 round extended, in a smallish but comfortable frame.   This is my go-to large pistol choice (its all relative, but this is the biggest pistol I carry).  I cannot say enough good things about this pistol.  

I've only shot a CZ75B enough to comment on the reliability. Although I have shot many CZ firearms.

The CZ75B is the one I've shot the most in terms of round count. I've had no problems at all with it.

I've shot steel case ammo in it and it runs just fine. I think you will find it very reliable.

Since you are comparing it to Glocks the only thing I think the Glock has it beat on is easy of dissasembly and easy to work on.

Guest SavageOne

I own and shoot both CZs and Glocks. I find them both as reliable as a man make object can be. The Glock has the edge in parts availability and simplicity of design. The ergonomics of the CZ make it a favorite of mine.

edit: The pistol in my profile pistol happens to be a Tanfoglio, (CZ Clone)

Edited by SavageOne

I have a tricked-out SP-01 now, but I shot a CZ75B for a couple of years and probably at least 20,000 rounds and my pistol maintenance routine went something like:

Find pistol rug with CZ75 wherever it happened to land in the vehicle. 

Open slide and spray in a little Rem-oil.

Shoot match/practice session (anywhere from 100-300 rounds usually)

Put gun back in rug, toss gun back into vehicle.

Repeat at next match/practice session.

I cleaned it about once a year, whether it needed it or not.  I can't recall a single malfunction that wasn't ammo related.  The gun was pretty close to stock, just removed the mag brake, swapped to a lighter mainspring, and swapped the sights.  CZ builds incredible guns. 

I had a CZ 40P that was not reliable at all. Hence why I no longer have it. That model is known in the CZ world to be the worst design they ever created though.

I would not hesitate to own a CZ75 or P01 if I ever come across one at a great price. They are extremely accurate and ergonomic.