You Will Buy A Beretta

runco

Both of my Beretta M9 pistols are marked as USA.  I'll be happy to see Beretta move to Tennessee or any state that isn't antigun.  I don't want the profit from my gun purchases going to a government that wants to take my guns.

• Like 1

Dave seems to be intimating that the parts aren't manufactured here, just assembled here. I wondered about it too, but didn't know one way or the other, so didn't reply.

What I was intimating was that I believe Beretta is actually manufacturing guns here because of a story I read about a machining center they put in Accokeek Maryland. I also went through a CMM training class in Nashville with a young lady from Beretta that was checking manufactured parts. Unlike some others like Glock that I suspect are doing nothing but importing parts for assembly. But I don’t know that for sure about Glock because no one from there will answer the question as to whether or not they are manufacturing and no one that I have heard from has been inside the facility and would know what they are looking at.

Nope made in Italy w beretta Maryland on the barrel :

“Beretta Maryland” or “Smyrna, Ga” for Glock has nothing to do with what the gun maker wants on the gun. It is the name of the importer as required by Federal law.

If you look at a “Springfield XD” they will be marked “Made in Croatia” probably because that’s what the manufacturer (HK Produkt in Croatia) wanted. But they also say Genesco, Illinois because Springfield is the importer.
  • Like 1

I've had a Beretta 92FS since about 1995. I seen a "first decade" of service model I had to have and bought it at Specialty Arms II.

Also have #1 of 1,000 of the M9 knife to go along with it.

3y8apy6u.jpg

ugatazy3.jpg

emyhugym.jpg

I might buy more since they're coming to TN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro v2.2

• Like 1

Well, "made in Italy" isn't really the question about DaveTN's assertion.

My two 92 FS's:

Baretta92-both.jpg

Evil Black is "made in Italy", Purty Blonde is "made in USA". Question is where are the parts made for the USA one? All here? Some here? None here?

I guess yours is clearly a "hybrid", but seems truthfully annotated. :)

- OS

Very nice set of pistols. The frames, slide, & barrels on the "U.S.A." models are machined here in America. Italian made frames, slides, & barrels have different proof marks on them. You also date U.S. & Italian models differently. You go by the serial # on U.S. models, but Italian models have a two digit date stamp on the right side of the frame next to the trigger guard. There's a good chance the internals are made in Italy. Brownell's is Beretta's official parts distributor & had to special order a spring from Italy for me when I owned a PX4. Most of my Berettas were made in Italy, but I also have a few U.S. models. I hope a TN built model will be in my future if Beretta starts making their pistols here too.

As the owner of 3 Beretta pistols, I'm looking forward to seeing them get into production here. Probably would buy another product just to show my support for the company. But not sure it would be an M9 or 92FS variant.

I love the durability and reliability of the pistols. If I do my part, they are exceedingly accurate.

And here's the "but"...I really just can't warm up to them. Just too big for my hands. And too heavy for normal cc use, at least for me.

My wife says I suffer from "no ass" syndrome. I need suspenders to hold up my jeans. So a big, heavy pistol is a problem.

But as a house gun, car or truck gun; the Beretta is the equal of about anything you'd care to put against it.

Now gotta go get my suspenders and put on the G19. 

• Like 1

As the owner of 3 Beretta pistols, I'm looking forward to seeing them get into production here. Probably would buy another product just to show my support for the company. But not sure it would be an M9 or 92FS variant.

I love the durability and reliability of the pistols. If I do my part, they are exceedingly accurate.

And here's the "but"...I really just can't warm up to them. Just too big for my hands. And too heavy for normal cc use, at least for me.

My wife says I suffer from "no ass" syndrome. I need suspenders to hold up my jeans. So a big, heavy pistol is a problem.

But as a house gun, car or truck gun; the Beretta is the equal of about anything you'd care to put against it.

Now gotta go get my suspenders and put on the G19. 

Have you tried out a Beretta Cougar (now marketed & built in Beretta's Stoeger faciltiy in Turkey)? IMO they have better ergonomics than the 92 models & are more fun to shoot. They're still a metal gun with some heft, but are a bit more compact with slighty smaller grips. They're also available in 9mm, 357sig, .40 & .45 acp.

92FS & Beretta Cougar 8000 (9mm)

92vsCougar8000.jpg

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils
And the cougar has replaceable front sight, one of the few things wrong with a 92. OTOH last time I looked, couldn't find a source for cougar fiber optic drop-in front sights.

And the cougar has replaceable front sight, one of the few things wrong with a 92. OTOH last time I looked, couldn't find a source for cougar fiber optic drop-in front sights.

+1. That's a common complaint about the standard 92FS/M9. A few models like the Brigadiers, Elites, & 90-Twos have removable front sights. I don't know of any companies that make fiber optic sights for the Cougar, but Trijicon & Meprolight make night sights for them. I used Glow Inc. V10 paint on my Cougar sights & have been happy with it's performance.

Guest Lester Weevils

+1. That's a common complaint about the standard 92FS/M9. A few models like the Brigadiers, Elites, & 90-Twos have removable front sights. I don't know of any companies that make fiber optic sights for the Cougar, but Trijicon & Meprolight make night sights for them. I used Glow Inc. V10 paint on my Cougar sights & have been happy with it's performance.

I put "bright sights" brand brite green paint on my cougar, which improved visibility, but eventually would like fiber optic front sights on all the pistols.

I really like the Beretta Home Defense semi auto shotgun, despite its low capacity. Clean look, lightweight.
Great to see the jobs.

Yep, the new Beretta 1301 Tactical is getting excellent reviews! It is too bad the 922r import restrictions cramp it's' capacity.
It seems the new gas system will allow reliable firing of a wide gamut of shells.

The Beretta expansion to Tennessee is great news!

I need to try Cougar. Let it be Italian, or Turkish. Stoeger precision is quite good. Their finish can not much Italian, but still resists corrosion.

The finish on the black Stoeger Cougars does have a bit more sheen but seems to hold up well. They have excellent build quality at a good price. When they first came out they were around $350 and included 3 beretta mags. They may have inched up in price?