Presidents visit

RC3

Anyone know why he chose Mcgavock high school? There are many great places around and in nashville for him to speak, but isnt Mcgvock one of the worst high schools around nashville? Seems like he threw a dart on a map and decided to deliver a speech were it landed.

I guess he picked McGavock High School because it reminded him of schools in Chicago. 70 to 80% of students are gang members that attend school there and his audience of students were all hand picked so go figure. As far as I'm concerned he could have picked a complete different state to visit. I also guess he is a really busy guy since he will use Air Force 1 and the expenses of the aircraft and expense of all the security and everything is all being spent and he will be here a total of less than 2.5 hours. I think the money could be better spent with him remaining in Washington D.C. doing his job instead of wasting more tax payer dollars and adding another footprint of carbon in the air to come and talk with a bunch of thugs for an hour.............jmho

• Like 3

Close to the airport with almost direct access via multi-lane roads.

Thats the one thing I overlooked. I still wish they would spend the promised money on our infrastructure since quite frankly, a LOT of Tennessee's roads have seen better days.

I think he has been there before. Plus why would he go to a school that may not need what he is selling? I imagine a very large portion of McGavock parents voted for him.

I think they said that parents won't be allowed to attend. It is only going to be a  select number of students and some news medias as they are concerned about security and he is only going to speak about 40 minutes and then fly away again...................jmho

From what I understand, they selected McGavock because it is one of a few schools which has a specialized program for students to use towards a music industry career.  It isn't because it is music related, but more general in nature about being an example of schools transforming into more than they are today.  I actually agree with him on this.  Schools need to offer more programs for kids to participate in that interest them and will give them some reason to go to school.  It will also prepare them better for actually pursuing a career.  

I don't agree with most things he does, but I am not going to knock him for this one.

• Like 1

From what I understand, they selected McGavock because it is one of a few schools which has a specialized program for students to use towards a music industry career.  It isn't because it is music related, but more general in nature about being an example of schools transforming into more than they are today.  I actually agree with him on this.  Schools need to offer more programs for kids to participate in that interest them and will give them some reason to go to school.  It will also prepare them better for actually pursuing a career.  

I don't agree with most things he does, but I am not going to knock him for this one.

Now it makes even better sense. I always heard that McGavock was pretty bad, but its been years and america needs a complete school overhaul including the college level as well.

C'mon now... you guys must be thinking of the OLD McGavock High School years. McGavock has made a complete turn around in the past four years since Mr. Robin Wall has taken it over as pricipal. My daughter graduated there last May and my son is in his freshman year there now. Mr. Wall has done a great job with the school and the students. My daughter thought the world of him and my son does too. I wish that the high school I attended had a guy like him in charge.

As to why Obama chose it, I'm sure he didn't personally select it himself. I don't know why it was selected, but it's exciting that he's going to be there. Maybe it will help McGavocks school pride continue to grow. It is a Nationally Recognized "MODEL" Academy High School! All thanks to Mr. Wall.

C'mon now... you guys must be thinking of the OLD McGavock High School years. McGavock has made a complete turn around in the past four years since Mr. Robin Wall has taken it over as pricipal.

And as more info comes in, I see a much clearer picture. And it also makes a lot better sense.

I have heard it's changed. My wife and I met there so I suppose I have to always like it for that, but when we were there in 1996 there were about 2,800 students with 2 full time Metro PD officers. There were definitely times when I didn't feel safe being there. We quickly move from the area to get away from the school!

Thats the one thing I overlooked. I still wish they would spend the promised money on our infrastructure since quite frankly, a LOT of Tennessee's roads have seen better days.

Tennessee's roads are pretty good in the scheme of things.

http://www.tricities.com/news/local/article_141e2a22-ea67-11e2-9663-001a4bcf6878.html

I do wish they'd use better materials though. It seems like they don't last too long before they're being redone. And while we're wishing, let's have some proper reflective paint instead of that stuff that disappears in the rain. Edited by tnguy

Haslam didn't show! His office said something about BHO being late, and Haslam had an out of state meeting scheduled, couldn't wait for him. :)

- OS

Great! I hope Little Johnny jumped up and yelled "you lie" too. He needed to feel as unwelcome as he really is.

C'mon now... you guys must be thinking of the OLD McGavock High School years. McGavock has made a complete turn around in the past four years since Mr. Robin Wall has taken it over as pricipal. My daughter graduated there last May and my son is in his freshman year there now. Mr. Wall has done a great job with the school and the students. My daughter thought the world of him and my son does too. I wish that the high school I attended had a guy like him in charge.

As to why Obama chose it, I'm sure he didn't personally select it himself. I don't know why it was selected, but it's exciting that he's going to be there. Maybe it will help McGavocks school pride continue to grow. It is a Nationally Recognized "MODEL" Academy High School! All thanks to Mr. Wall.

Yeah! There hasn't been a shooting there in what? 2 days now?