School officials DEEPLY TROUBLED over guns appearing ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS

Yuup...you read the heading right...school officials are DEEPLY TROUBLED because a "gun" is shown on a sigh that bans guns on school property.

Administrators at a school in the South Suburbs of Chicago are up in arms over a state law (House Bill 0183) that requires schools to post small signs announcing that guns cannot be carried in schools.

The new law relates to a new concealed-carry license law, reports the SouthtownStar, a suburban newspaper. Schools in Illinois did not allow guns previously. Now, though, schools — and churches, government agencies, liquor stores and certain other organizations — must post 4-by-6-inch stickers as visible reminders that guns are forbidden on premises.

Many schools in the Chicago area — and, presumably, other parts of the state — have already posted the small stickers in compliance with state law. Others expect to post them over the next couple weeks. Some school officials aren’t happy about the stickers because they contain a very basic image of a gun.“It is bothersome to have to post a sticker of a gun that says, ‘Hey, folks, leave your guns at home,’” Theresa Nolan, principal of Tinley Park High School, told the SouthtownStar.

Nolan stressed that she is very concerned with “safety and security” and concerned that, somehow, someone could wrongly interpret an image of a gun emblazoned with the universal sign for prohibiting something.

“I think the general public will be alarmed by it and wonder if people have been allowed to bring guns to school in the past,” Nolan also fretted.

She said she would prefer “something more subtle.”

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/school-officials-deeply-troubled-over-guns-appearing-signs-044012095.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Aside from the sheer idiocy of these people it's just another reason why no one should send their children to a public school and why it's criminal that the government steels our money every year to fund hogwash like this.

• Like 4
I just saw this on Facebook and was going to post it but you beat me to it.
I know some have argued that we shouldn't boycott going to Chicago or NYC etc. just because of their politics, well i'm still not going to those cities mainly because of their unconstitutional politics and attitudes. Screw them. I wouldn't doubt that I would be harrassed because I have an M-16 tatoo on my forearm over U.S.Army and I have a deep country southern accent and I would probably make it worse by telling the person giving me grief what he/she can go do with themselves. Besides, i've said before i've seen it from the window of a plane and Chicago doesn't have a damn thing to offer me.
Screw Chicago, Screw NYC, Screw San Francisco etc. I will not be visiting them ever. Edited by K191145
  • Like 3

I just saw this on Facebook and was going to post it but you beat me to it.
I know some have argued that we shouldn't boycott going to Chicago or NYC etc. just because of their politics, well i'm still not going to those cities mainly because of their unconstitutional politics and attitudes. Screw them. I wouldn't doubt that I would be harrassed because I have an M-16 tatoo on my forearm over U.S.Army and I have a deep country southern accent and I would probably make it worse by telling the person giving me grief what he/she can go do with themselves. Besides, i've said before i've seen it from the window of a plane and Chicago doesn't have a damn thing to offer me.
Screw Chicago, Screw NYC, Screw San Francisco etc. I will not be visiting them ever.

Been to all three and grew up in Chicago and best thing my folks ever did was move me to Tennessee. Believe me when I tell you that you have not missed anything at all by not going to any of them and when I went and then left each one of them I made 100% sure I didn't leave anything behind that we ever make me want to go back......................jmho

• Like 1

Next thing you know, they'll take the dictionary out of schools because it has the definition of firearm in it. The stupidity of the liberal mind is apparently infinite.

They already took the word "gullible" out of the dictionary.

Been to all three and grew up in Chicago and best thing my folks ever did was move me to Tennessee. Believe me when I tell you that you have not missed anything at all by not going to any of them and when I went and then left each one of them I made 100% sure I didn't leave anything behind that we ever make me want to go back......................jmho

They can have Memphis too, at least I can drive through Memphis with my handgun and not get arrested. I wouldn't drive through Memphis without a handgun at least. I don't care about anything in cities anyway but there is one landmark in Memphis i've always enjoyed, it's the big sign on the Mississippi river bridge that says, "Welcome to Arkansas".

What do they think these signs do anyway? It's not like with posted establishments in TN where it makes a difference. It's already against the law to carry guns into schools and anyone who's interested in being lawful would already know.

Well, since we are on the topic of Children and schools let me add a few things I am really getting sick of hearing over and over and over by politicians and that is education and our Children. They have been using our children as pawns in their election bids and campaigns till I'm sick of hearing it. They talk real big about what they will do if elected to promote more and better education. Well, I am a high school graduate and even though I am not in a great financial shape now that is not something that can be helped because my son had an auto accident. I won't go there but most know about it. What I will do is go into prior to his accident. Like I said I graduated from high school, went and served my country almost immediately after graduation and when I came home I got a job as an auto mechanic since I always had a love for cars and loved working on them while in High School. I worked on every kind and brand and model of cars and light truck made for almost 37 years and the last 12 years of my high school education and hands on experience and no further schooling I was earning over $100,000.00 per year. Owned my own home and land, own my own small business repairing cars and light duty trucks, employed 5 people plus myself and didn't owe any one anything. Yep, making that kind of money on a high school diploma and hard work. My youngest son now owns and operates the shop on yep, a High School diploma and he has enlarged the business adding services I didn't offer and now he employes 8 people plus himself.

All I hear these days is everyone needs to go to college out of Obama's mouth and everyone needs to be in debt with the burden of Student loans even before they can get a job in what ever career they may have chosen while in College. To help them along he has made student loans easier to get but made the jobs those students will need when they graduate 10 times harder to get when they do graduate. He keeps saying that the Private Sector are the ones responsible for creating these jobs but then burdens the private sector with huge taxes like OBAMACARE to try and drive those very Private sector jobs out of business so the jobs are not there for the graduates. Like I said in the beginning of this post. I am getting sick and tired of our children being used as pawns to only improve their own personal political careers. I have come to the conclusion that any politician that uses education and our children as a platform to run on will NOT get my vote period regardless of party. If they run on an economy and creating jobs and making sure those jobs are there for our children platform they will get my vote!!...............jmho  

• Like 2

That's usually the case with liberals: doubling down, because they disagree with rationality.

If looks could kill, all these signs would be in prison, eh?

These schools officials are deeply troubled with the symbolism exactly because they(officials) are of no substance.

More moral relativism to follow since our kids can only be taught falsehoods.

Excuse me if I dump on all the doctorates of philosophy for a moment, because I would dare say these officials who are

so deeply concerned over this had to go to school that long only to come out with such an inferior education, and one so

lacking in philosophy, other than from someone like Kant, that they shouldn't be allowed in the education system, at all. I

shouldn't have said all, but most, instead. All these Joe Blow, phD's in the education administrations were allowed in because

we looked the other way and let the education system turn into a think-tank for communists, decades ago. There are way too

many people in the education business who are very paper qualified, but don't have the sense to come in out of the rain

when it comes to teaching, especially something remotely resembling substance. Our schools are top heavy in stupidity with

doctorates telling qualified teachers how to teach.

And they're worried about a sign...