My new pocket companion

KaNuckles

I picked up a Kahr CM9 at G&L last night. I had a M&P 40c. Great gun. But I wanted something smaller and a little easier to conceal and more comfortable to carry. The Kahr fits the bill and I have yet to read a negative review about it. I like the way it shoots, too.

WP_000283_zpse4ee9a37.jpg

WP_000284_zps76af5ff9.jpg

Edited by KaNuckles
  • Like 3

[quote name="KaNuckles" post="1108372" timestamp="1391969143"]I picked up a Kahr CM9 at G&L last night. I had a M&P 40c. Great gun. But I wanted something smaller and a little easier to conceal and more comfortable to carry. The Kahr fits the bill and I have yet to read a negative review about it. I like the way it shoots, too. WP_000283_zpse4ee9a37.jpgWP_000284_zps76af5ff9.jpg[/quote] Good score! I regret ever trading mine. If you can get used to the trigger they're very sweet shooters. I never had a bit of trouble out of mine

• Like 1

Been carrying my Moonie daily over 4 years now:

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

- OS

I still don't see how you draw the pistol with the spare magazine blocking the grip like that. It would make more sense to carry the spare mag on your  weak-side. You would have to move the gun to your weak hand to draw the spare magazine.

• Like 1

If its new, put a few hundred rounds through it before carrying it, they need broken in to be reliable.

The trigger is much like a DAO revolver trigger. Long but very smooth.

This is coming from someone whose EDC is a Kahr.

I carry a PM 40. Like my Kahr.

The Kahr forum has some good info about break-in on these guns. They do definitely have and need a break-in period.

It's used but I wouldn't have known if he hadn't told me. I thought it had an awful good price. There wasn't a mark on it. I'm gonna shoot a couple hundred rounds through it like the manual says because I'm quite sure the previous owner didn't shoot very many at all through it.

• Like 1

I still don't see how you draw the pistol with the spare magazine blocking the grip like that. It would make more sense to carry the spare mag on your  weak-side. You would have to move the gun to your weak hand to draw the spare magazine.

Soon as fingers begin to squeeze between grip and spare mag, the gun pops out of retention and right into palm of your hand. You don't "pull" gun out of holster, so holster itself needs no friction in pocket to hold it back and you don't have to get initial grip around butt to get cranking. Very quick to deploy, actually nothing quicker if you have hand in pocket to begin with.

As far as spare mag on weak side, yeah, would be "tactically" quicker, but I'm a high drag low speed guy. ;)  I figure the trade off in space and convenience is worth the extra 5 sec would take to get the spare in action. Relatively confident that 7 rounds of 124gr 9mm +p hollow points will provide the extra seconds.  If I were really much concerned about it, would just sacrifice deep concealment and comfort to carry higher capacity heater IWB.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

OS....What kind of holster is that? How well does it hold in your pocket when you draw?

I love these. Got a pm45 used that looked brand new too. I couldn't hit a barn with my j frame. When I bring up the Kahr it's sights line up perfectly.

This is the first gun I've had with bar-dot sights. I kinda like them.

Edited by KaNuckles

OS....What kind of holster is that? How well does it hold in your pocket when you draw?

StellarRigs.com. They sell them on Kahr site for same price also.

Re-read my previous post -- you don't tug against holster at all. You'd do same one handed deployment even if it weren't in a pocket at all.

- OS

• Like 1

Re-read my previous post -- you don't tug against holster at all. You'd do same one handed deployment even if it weren't in a pocket at all.

- OS

Here, made quick shots. Soon as fingers squeeze into gap tween spare mag and butt of gun pressing downward a bit (pic1), trigger guard pops out of retention (pic 2), then there's no more friction from holster at all, and holster drops free (or of course stays in pocket), (pic 3).

StellarRigsDraw.jpg

You set tension you like with the Chicago screw. Mine is set so that it pops out easily, yet out of pocket can hold it upside down by the holster and gun doesn't fall out without some pronounced jiggling. Hell of a design really, as spare mag isn't taking up any extra space, as that would just be wasted space below gun butt in pocket anyway. You have to use the short 6 round 9mm mag as spare though, not room for the 7 rounder.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

- OS

Duh...Brain fart. Thanks for the info. I will check them out

Unlike most manufacturers, the Kahr stainless two tones are cheaper than the all black models.

- OS

I may be mistaken, but I believe its because the black Kahrs are stainless with a black coating/finish on top.

Whereas the other manufacturers likely dont.

My all black P380 has "Stainless" stamped into the side of the slide. Edited by nightrunner
  • Like 1
[quote name="KaNuckles" post="1110688" timestamp="1392344404"]Thanks, guys. Trigger pull is long. But it is smooth. Smoother than my M&P was.[/quote] I have mostly SA/DA pistols, so I can deal with long trigger pulls as long as they're smooth. It's triggers where the resistance stacks up as you get close to the break that I don't like.
  • Like 1