UAW not leaving Chattanooga and may contest the vote.

Guest TankerHC

Choice is sacred to the left - but only as long as you choose correctly.  No doesn't mean no.  Now if there were any possibility of faking ballots, they'd have 'won' already - but since they can't fake it they'll lawyer it - take it to the NLRB and claim that 'outside influence' by a Tennessee Senator was wrong, although the 'outside influence' by Obama was just fine.

• Like 5

Unions use scare tactics, harassment and threats to get into companies now. Once in they do very little for the worker other than suck union dues from the worker.

There is tons of videos of the tactics they use and it is scary. Imagine 50 people show up in front of your house with loudspeakers screaming lies about you.

• Like 1
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1112411" timestamp="1392642455"]Unions use scare tactics, harassment and threats to get into companies now. Once in they do very little for the worker other than suck union dues from the worker. There is tons of videos of the tactics they use and it is scary. Imagine 50 people show up in front of your house with loudspeakers screaming lies about you.[/quote] Imagine those people's reaction if they showed up at most of our homes - nuff said
  • Like 11

There is tons of videos of the tactics they use and it is scary. Imagine 50 people show up in front of your house with loudspeakers screaming lies about you.

Unions are liberal devices and use liberal weapons to achieve their goals. The really scary part is that this same tactic is used by liberal politicians from Obama on down just in a much larger arena. They just change the tactic slightly by screaming lies through their own personal Main Stream Media to destroy anyone who doesn't agree with them....and it gets worse every day.

Unions use scare tactics, harassment and threats to get into companies now. Once in they do very little for the worker other than suck union dues from the worker.

But it's unfair when the opposition does the same. 

I really didn't expect them to just pack up and leave town.  This is too critical to their survival, not to go down swinging.  I think this will be played out in Washington D.C.  Sadly, I highly suspect that the current leadership in the Executive Branch of Government, will be highly favorable to their cause.

Edited by Moped
  • Like 1

Yeah...yeah...yeah...they put out the same "BIG TALK" at Nissan back a few years ago when they last tried to get Nissan to vote in their piece of crap union and Nissan employees rejected them 3 to 1.

The only thin the UAW is good for is protecting worthless, employees who need to be fired...for the 95% of the rest of a plant's workforce all they are is a huge drain on their pay while giving to politicians that most of the workforce probably detest. Thankfully, the good folks at VW were smart enough to see that and make the right decision.

• Like 2
They should contest it, Haslam was trying to coerce them by threatening to take away freebies for the sole reasoning if they organized.

I also like how they claim to be friendly to private business and are for less interference of government in them, but they are playing interference as much as possible because they don't like it.

Am not pro-union, but this is a matter between the business and its employees, not politicians and people not working for VW
  • Like 2
[quote name="RobertNashville" post="1112488" timestamp="1392653207"]Yeah...yeah...yeah...they put out the same "BIG TALK" at Nissan back a few years ago when they last tried to get Nissan to vote in their piece of crap union and Nissan employees rejected them 3 to 1. The only thin the UAW is good for is protecting worthless, employees who need to be fired...for the 95% of the rest of a plant's workforce all they are is a huge drain on their pay while giving to politicians that most of the workforce probably detest. Thankfully, the good folks at VW were smart enough to see that and make the right decision.[/quote] Crappy employees deserve jobs too :)

They should contest it, Haslam was trying to coerce them by threatening to take away freebies for the sole reasoning if they organized.

I also like how they claim to be friendly to private business and are for less interference of government in them, but they are playing interference as much as possible because they don't like it.

Am not pro-union, but this is a matter between the business and its employees, not politicians and people not working for VW

Not everyone in Detroit works for the auto industry. Unionization has wider implications than just the people directly affected.

I'm actually fairly upset that this whole thing is was apparently allowed by federal law when it should be a state issue in the first place.

Edited by tnguy

Sure glad I am not a VW employee down there right now cause if a bunch of thugs showed up on my front lawn with megaphones screaming at me it would get really ugly really quick and I would settle it redneck style with a Biden 12 gauge and rock salt. I have seen how those thugs work when I was young and growing up and they think they are above the law. If they are on my front lawn I am the law. I have a feeling either way these guys are going home without a union in VW.   They need to learn that folks in the south  don't push as easy as folks in the North do. You pick a fight with one person down here and you have pretty much picked a fight with the entire town. People up north close their windows and try to ignore these clowns and their high pressure tactics. People down here join forces and stand up with their neighbors..................jmho

• Like 3

Not everyone in Detroit works for the auto industry. Unionization has wider implications than just the people directly affected.

I'm actually fairly upset that this whole thing is was apparently allowed by federal law when it should be a state issue in the first place.

So I should have input on how much vacation time a secretary gets at an asphalt company? Every decision always has implications on people outside of the situation.

Just because we don't like what two private entities agree on doesn't mean we get to inject our personal beliefs on them.

Somebody's gotta counter the BS and rhetoric that the union spews. 

So I should have input on how much vacation time a secretary gets at an asphalt company? Every decision always has implications on people outside of the situation.

Just because we don't like what two private entities agree on doesn't mean we get to inject our personal beliefs on them.

Actually, living in a free country means that we in fact DO get to inject our personal beliefs on them. They don't have to listen, but you are perfectly free to spout whatever you believe. 

• Like 2