Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

So you use a single incident to make a point that this is not that uncommon? And by the way, Malaysia isnt a 3rd World Country, it is a developing Country with a growing economy and a major tourist industry. Completely different from 3rd World. 

First World: United States, United Kingdom and their allies.
  Second World: Soviet Union, China, and their allies.
  Third World: neutral and non-aligned countries.

But I get what you mean.

Edit: Hmm, it seems that Malaysia is an ally of the US.
Edited by tnguy

..So, for the French airbus that they failed to locate for TWO YEARS.... what were the popular conspiracy theories back then. ..

Well, it took couple years to get the black boxes, but they found pieces of wreckage within 5 days and it was consistent with planned flight path,  not like this situation at all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest TankerHC

Well, it took couple years to get the black boxes, but they found pieces of wreckage within 5 days and it was consistent with planned flight path, not like this situation at all.

- OS

I was reading some of the theories last night on other aircraft that had turned up missing even for a few days going back 50 years. Nothings changed. Sensational story, slightly different circumstances today than 30, 40 or 50 years ago but they were coming up with the same basic scenarios then as we are today. Take their word for it, we aren't exactly coming up with any original idea on what could have happened. 9.8 times out of 10 it was just an accident. Even when someone suggested that maybe the pilots did a water landing and it sunk to the bottom and the passengers may still be alive. Well I already saw that movie. Double feature with the Towering Inferno.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
  • Admin Team

I hope that they do find the wreckage soon.

While terribly tragic, that's a lot better than them finding a bunch of empty barrels of Jet A at the end of a runway on some atoll.

As small as the modern world seems, things like this show that in fact it's still really big.  I actually take a little bit of comfort in that.

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1124579" timestamp="1394819434"]Well, it took couple years to get the black boxes, but they found pieces of wreckage within 5 days and it was consistent with planned flight path, not like this situation at all. - OS[/quote] Oh, for some reason I was remembering that one taking a couple weeks to locate wreckage, but two years to find where it was on the bottom of the drink. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

Digital Globe (Tonrod) says that 3 million people have now covered every square inch of 15,000 square miles of search area where the on the ground/water search has been going on. And there is nothing there. 

Well, it took couple years to get the black boxes, but they found pieces of wreckage within 5 days and it was consistent with planned flight path, not like this situation at all.

- OS

Which illustrates my frustration with all the "it's been 30 seconds, why can't they find it?" sentiment. That plane was 20 minutes beyond radar coverage on it's intended flight path when it went down. For all intents and purposes they knew exactly where it was when it went down and it still took 5 days to find it. The ocean is a big place.

Sorry, rant over.
Guest TankerHC

If watching news coverage of this event doesn't leave you completely confused, this thread will ...

BBS, Newsgroup and Forum Members. A proud tradition of keeping the facts straight for 41 years. 

Edited by TankerHC
  • Moderators
[quote name="No_0ne" post="1124768" timestamp="1394844782"]If watching news coverage of this event doesn't leave you completely confused, this thread will ...[/quote] Ah...that's no big deal. 2/3 of the threads on TGO will do that to you and the other 1/2 already have. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guest TankerHC

OK, the Media needs to quit telling every rumor they hear. It isn't helping anyone.

The media is just going for rating at this point.

Just listening to o' Reilly bash everyone else for wasting time speculating. Gets done with his bashing then immediately begins with speculating. Hijacking? Bombing? Takeover? Test run?

I can barely stomach watching network news.  None of them are trustworthy.

I scour the interweb and find what I think is believable.  OReilly is a buffoon,  right up there with the pillhead who does radio.

• Like 1

Other than a ocean landing, what landing strips are in this vicinity?

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/malaysia-airlines-flight-missing-thailand-asia-peninsula-flight-path_zpsb91f7a15.jpg.html]malaysia-airlines-flight-missing-thailan[/URL]

If that plane was headed North, and it turned West and flew for “hundreds of miles”, would it not have been on the radar of some air traffic controller somewhere? Would no one have questioned it, attempted contact, or had any normal verbal contact with it? Could it enter India airspace with no contact or flight plan?
Guest TankerHC
Another theory that I don't see as being possible but someone who flies these planes would have to comment. Although a pilot did say it i find it hard to believe that airliners are so unsecure that this is even possible. The theory, possible someone got on board with electronics and took over the plane by remote control. Yes they are very technical aircraft but a pilot loses control of the aircraft and has no ability to manually override? Although I did see an article with an experienced pilot a while back stating that some of these new pilots are so dependent on technology they don't know how to fly the aircraft without it, the pilot on that plane wasn't a new pilot.

If that plane was headed North, and it turned West and flew for “hundreds of miles”, would it not have been on the radar of some air traffic controller somewhere? Would no one have questioned it, attempted contact, or had any normal verbal contact with it? Could it enter India airspace with no contact or flight plan?

I don't believe it had enough fuel to reach India's airspace from its last known position.

And this is different, how?

The media are soiling their britches about social media making them irrelevant so they're trying to compete with it on its own field and merely hastening their own demise.

Just listening to o' Reilly bash everyone else for wasting time speculating. Gets done with his bashing then immediately begins with speculating. Hijacking? Bombing? Takeover? Test run?

That guy is an arse. And he's no friend of conservatives either.

Guest TankerHC

That remote control idea is about as remote as can be. Some things can happen to an airplane that the pilot can end up
having no control over, not that that is what might have happened. They are machines. Doesn't that make them fallible?

A drone, or other remotely controlled device has equipment purposely designed to allow for remote use. Airliners don't have
that.

One thing for sure, if it was hijacked, it will show up somewhere eventually. It's also been a week since this happened. I
wonder how long an oil slick remains detectable on the ocean? I have my doubts there is still one.

Commercial pilots still have to learn how to fly a plane, in its most basic configuration. If the plane is based in technology
that doesn't allow for the pilot to perform some functions manually, how can it be that the pilot's training is at fault? There
are limits to one's ability when technology replaces certain features, like autopilots reducing throttle during a descent
through a hailstorm and losing both engines, thereby losing all power until the auxiliary power unit deploys. Then, just having
a minimum amount of gauges and functions to control the craft. what I just described happened on a flight into New Orleans
one day, and due to the skill of the pilot he landed on a levee short of the airport with no casualties.

I think all this speculation is proving nonproductive. I'd be focusing on real world events rather than theories.

We all could surmise that someone is not saying enough to put together a valid proposal of what actually happened, and
until then, so what?

This whole thing can be temporarily boiled down to one sentence.

The public has no idea what the hell happened.

Well, I will admit I have no clue as to what happened to the 777 Boeing aircraft but I am sure sooner or later we will find out. I gave up watching any news about it because in all reality they will be the last ones to learn it's true fate. The Airline company and families of the passengers will be the first to learn it's fate and then the news medias will be briefed. I feel for the families and the unknown but not anything for the news medias.............jmho

I would still take this with a grain of salt but I'll still share it

BREAKING:

Claims have emerged of a plot by Malaysian Islamists to hijack a passenger jet in a 9/11-style attack.

The Telegraph reports that an al-Qaeda informant told a court last week that a group of Malaysian men had planned to seize an aircraft by blasting open the cockpit door with a shoe bomb.

The paper reports that security experts are treating the evidence from a convicted British terrorist as “credible”.

"The Telegraph reports that the supergrass said he met the Malaysians – one of whom was a pilot – in Afghanistan.

He said he had given them the explosive device to use to take control of an aircraft." Edited by mcordell