Stranger on Property

Peace

if they come up to the house and ask to go fishing i tell them to have a good time and use the gate to get in/out, that is if they don't  look like trouble/dirt bags.  you can tell by the way they act, look, and what they drive.  profiling does work.  but 8 out of 10 times they don't ask.  the best lines i get from them when i find them looking around are, "i was going to fish", but you don't see any fishing stuff on them or in their vehicle.   most of them look like a dirt bag and their vehicle are worst looking.  most are trying to get a better look at my equipment barn that is 1/2 mile away.  they are just trying to steal something to support their drug/booze problem.  i use to let people hunt, but not now.  a shot cow stopped that.   people will asked to hunt and i tell them that i have a work day on next saturday and they are welcome to hunt if they help me around the farm for a day.  no takers yet.  everybody want something for nothing these days.  years ago i never carried a gun when i was working on the farm.  but now i keep a pistol in the pocket and a rifle on the tractors and atv's because of the low lives pillbillies that are around trying to steal something.  

• Like 1

The appropriate response here would be you saying, "I'm sorry for being a yellow #### and running my mouth." Or you could say, "yes, let us put on gloves and do an honorable session of combatives training." Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gloves are for pussies. If you're gonna dish out an ass whippin', you might as well leave some good marks. This is SO much better than a gay thread  :rofl:

• Like 4

I care about each and every one of you.... and I still enjoy a good bucket of popcorn every now and then.   :popcorn:

FYI: for those who think it is relevant, the creek in question is the result of a beautiful drainage basin here in West Nashville... it comes to us from a pond 1/3 up from us and runs down past us to a 10x10 double culvert and eventually to the Cumberland.  The middle of the creek is the property line for neighborhoods on both sides... it has been that way since 1960.  

oh... and there will be no waivin' of the shotguns.  Waivin's fer hands and hats... the waivin' of the firearms generally violates 1 or more of the 4 laws and thus is strictly forbadeth.    :tinfoil:

Edited by Peace
  • Like 2

I care about each and every one of you.... and I still enjoy a good bucket of popcorn every now and then.   :popcorn:

FYI: for those who want to analyze... the creek in question comes from a double 10x10 culvert and runs on property lines about 1/3 mile up to a pond.  Neighborhood properties on both sides... and been that way since 1960.  It is extremely close to the juncture of I-40 and Charlotee Pike in West Nashville.  For those that know the area, all questions of whether caution should be exercised will cease.

oh... and there will be no waivin' of the shotguns.  Waivin's fer hands and hats... the waivin' of the firearms generally violates 1 or more of the 4 laws and thus is strictly forbadeth.    :tinfoil:

My grandparents used to live on Charlotte Pike in West Nashville. At the time, it was a nice neighborhood.

Wile-e, I don't think your security ideas are out of line, I think what people are getting at is that if you haven't already made that decision, one stranger wandering along the edge of your property may not be a reason to lurch that way.

With that said, you gave some food for thought. I have already started going the camera route. Is there any particular motion sensor you prefer? Perhaps this should be its own thread.

Edited by tnguy
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1130292" timestamp="1395867296"]You might want to take a chill pill rather than threatening people here who disagree with you. You will find this forum to be much more enjoyable. That, and RichardR isn't the only one here who isn't agreeing with your posts in this thread.[/quote] Disagreements are fine. Making inflammatory posts which seek only to start trouble is different. This guy took two words from a post, then made a series of ridiculous, inflammatory suppositions from that for no other reason than to run his mouth. That is different. He has done it before because he is a child and likes to get personal to the point of insulting family members. And I'd like to see where there are threats. Please, point them out. Threats would be telling someone I'm going to kick the crap out of them. I've instead invited him the opportunity to run his mouth at a gym which houses a ring and third party so he don't get hurt so bad. I fight good friends all the time just for physical exercise. I don't see how fighting an Internet badass would be different or uncalled for. Anyway, the invitation remains open. No one should be running their mouth here saying crap they wouldn't say to someone in person. That shows the mark of a yellow coward. No way in hell this guy would keep running his suck like that if we were in the same room. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="RichardR" post="1130268" timestamp="1395864318"]Or you could take your "Billy-Badass" issues up with a therapist, listen skippy your problems are YOUR problems, it'd be a mistake to make any attempt to make them MY problem, especially by initiating any sort of physical confrontation with me, are we clear?[/quote] Okay guy. You've made clear the type of little man you are. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagreements are fine. Making inflammatory posts which seek only to start trouble is different. This guy took two words from a post, then made a series of ridiculous, inflammatory suppositions from that for no other reason than to run his mouth. That is different. He has done it before because he is a child and likes to get personal to the point of insulting family members.And I'd like to see where there are threats. Please, point them out. Threats would be telling someone I'm going to kick the crap out of them. I've instead invited him the opportunity to run his mouth at a gym which houses a ring and third party so he don't get hurt so bad. I fight good friends all the time just for physical exercise. I don't see how fighting an Internet badass would be different or uncalled for. Anyway, the invitation remains open.No one should be running their mouth here saying crap they wouldn't say to someone in person. That shows the mark of a yellow coward. No way in hell this guy would keep running his suck like that if we were in the same room.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talk about butt-hurt, give it a rest already.

I don't think he's butt hurt. You should meet for a beer summit, so you can really tell him off :)

Oh that is most definately butt-hurt.

Anyway I appreciate the offer Mike but I have no interest in either fist-fighting or having a beer with TMF, this is actually the second instance where his dumbass has threatened to beat me up over something I have said that he didn't like on this forum.

So he can either debate the topic like an adult or click on ignore or he can go suck a choad, I honestly don't care which path he chooses.
[quote name="tnguy" post="1130438" timestamp="1395885322"]Wile-e, I don't think your security ideas are out of line, I think what people are getting at is that if you haven't already made that decision, one stranger wandering along the edge of your property may not be a reason to lurch that way. With that said, you gave some food for thought. I have already started going the camera route. Is there any particular motion sensor you prefer? Perhaps this should be its own thread.[/quote] Well, I would agree that someone who hasn't already made a decision to have basic to intermediate security measures in place shouldn't do so based on a single account of a stranger trespassing. They should do so without any event occurring whatsoever, as soon as they realize that a gap exists which places them at risk. Too many people wait until something bad happens to take action, which is like closing the barn door after the herd is already gone. I do have over 20 years experience in the security area, both residential and commercial. It's never been my main job but I have held several dealer accounts, designed / installed / repaired numerous systems, and mostly did the work for free or at cost just to help out family and friends. These days I just do it for myself and close family members because I don't have enough free time due to my other hobbies and volunteer work. But if anyone here is seriously interested in getting security systems such as alarms, cameras, or perimeter motion sensors you can send me a PM with your name and email address / phone number and I'll call you to discuss what your needs are and offer free advice and recommendations. You can buy and install most of this stuff yourself and it can cost as little as a single firearm, plus you use it every day 24x7 so you get a lot of value out of the investment. I'm not selling anything and I won't come to work for you, just offering to help anyone who is serious. I don't want to post all the details in the public forum as it could take me hours to write it all up and my advice would change depending on your needs, and I just don't want to waste all that time if people aren't serious enough to identify themselves and talk on the phone. This thread has already gone way off track with too many unprofessional and inappropriate comments so I'm hoping this post (my last in this thread) might help to bring it back on track.
  • Like 2
[quote name="wileecoyote" post="1130585" timestamp="1395927648"] This thread has already gone way off track with too many unprofessional and inappropriate comments so I'm hoping this post (my last in this thread) might help to bring it back on track.[/quote] I apologize for that. Thank you for offering your expertise. Surely there are people here who will benefit from that. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

throw a handful of optex® sensors on some trees ( white baseballs size battery powered sensors) out by the creek,make sure they're synced w the receiver, they're cheap, they work well, and u can aim them to set up a perimeter that will alert you when the grifters migrate on through the boundary!

hope this helps!

throw a handful of optex® sensors on some trees ( white baseballs size battery powered sensors) out by the creek,make sure they're synced w the receiver, they're cheap, they work well, and u can aim them to set up a perimeter that will alert you when the grifters migrate on through the boundary!

hope this helps!

I had never heard of Optex sensors before but they are pretty cool little devices... kinda pricey if many were needed though.

Optex is the mfg they make some cool perimeter stuff and driveway sensors. Bout 100 bucks for a receiver and transmitter, plus you can expand up to 4 sensors. Batt life is about a year in the tx, the receiver takes a 12 v wall wart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Optex is the mfg they make some cool perimeter stuff and driveway sensors. Bout 100 bucks for a receiver and transmitter, plus you can expand up to 4 sensors. Batt life is about a year in the tx, the receiver takes a 12 v wall wart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Cool thanks, I'll look into it a bit more. My barn/shop is on the back of my property and will be adding security measures in May so that I can move all my shop tools (hand tools, bike lifts machining equipment) into one side and reloading components in the other.

just a hair over one acre.

So you could totally outfit the property without breaking the bank. For some reason I was envisioning 10-20 acres and thinking that it would be some kinda hard to get all that secured. I guess that also makes it harder to figure out if it's just someone wandering around or someone with ill intent.

just a hair over one acre.

Well at least an acre was probably easy to get posted, a couple cameras would cover most of the potential problem areas iffin ya still feel uneasy about folks wandering past those signs.

Last time I fenced in an acre it was about 7 grand for the materials/lumber, but that was a full-blown 7' privacy fence, I am guessing you could string up a simple dual-wire for a small-fraction of that if you set the posts & run the wire yourself.
  • Like 1