Any other Game of Thrones fans? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Wifey took the day off today. Her shoulder is acting up. (May be looking at some work on it shortly.) But she did manage to find the Thrones marathon on HBO this morning. 

I don't think she's left it at all today.

Should I tell her about Saturday and Sunday?

The books are huge ( five books at about 900-1200 pages each), but they are awesome reads.  It gives you a great appreciation for how the characters are portrayed in the series.  This may actually be the only series where the books it's adapted from are respected, what's changed sort of had to be to make it work for TV.

If George R.R. Martin ever gets The Winds of Winter and the final book after that done, I'll be amazed.  I'd love to know how far into the manuscript he is.  He's loosing time; season 4 of the series is the 2nd half of book #3, but books 4&5 will be heavily chopped down for TV adaptation, I think.  There is a lot in them that won't come across as anything but boring on screen. 

HBO Go (if you subscribe to HBO) has all three seasons available for those that need to catch up.  

Also, I find this hilarious and true.

tumblr_m5u7lxTGQ41qaoxkho1_500.jpg

Edited by btq96r

There have been a lot of good shows on HBO but Thrones is probably the best ever.

SPOILER ALERT

My favorite was Eddard Stark but he got his head chopped off by that little punk and put on display.

Edited by Daniel

There have been a lot of good shows on HBO but Thrones is probably the best ever.

SPOILER ALERT

My favorite was Eddard Stark but he got his head chopped off by that little punk and put on display.

SPOILER ALERT

[background='#000000']He was a great character and I was surprised when I read it. There are other good characters though, and as they get to live longer they get to have more development in their characters. Ned was just a catalyst IMO, albeit a key one. Killing him off opened more interesting story lines than leaving him alive would have.[/background]

That's one of the things I like about Martin's writing style, a lot of authors writing long series like this tend to write one book after another with each book building off of the next. There are usually glimpses of fore site, but not quite like GOT. The whole way through it seems like he's been 10 steps ahead of himself with where the story is ultimately going. Almost like each previous book was a prequel written AFTER the next book.

Edited by Daniel
  • Administrator

It will be a terrible dilemma Sunday night.  

Everyone at work will watch GoT and will be talking about it Monday.  But,  River Monsters starts a new season Sunday night at the same time.

Dunno what to do. 

That's easy.  No one will be talking about River Monsters on Monday.  Or ever.

• Like 3

SPOILER ALERT

[background='#000000']He was a great character and I was surprised when I read it. There are other good characters though, and as they get to live longer they get to have more development in their characters. Ned was just a catalyst IMO, albeit a key one. Killing him off opened more interesting story lines than leaving him alive would have.[/background]

That's one of the things I like about Martin's writing style, a lot of authors writing long series like this tend to write one book after another with each book building off of the next. There are usually glimpses of fore site, but not quite like GOT. The whole way through it seems like he's been 10 steps ahead of himself with where the story is ultimately going. Almost like each previous book was a prequel written AFTER the next book.

True, but one thing about the books, if he keeps adding new characters and plot-lines like he has in the last two, it will take many more than 2 books to conclude this series.  At the rate that Martin turns them out, he will need to live to about 120 or so ...

Edited by Daniel

SPOILER ALERT

[background='#000000']My favorite was Eddard Stark but he got his head chopped off by that little punk and put on display.[/background]

That's OK though. Sean Bean plays the same part in everything else he's in.

Edited by Daniel

I have been waiting on th e next book for so long ive about given up.  I know better than to start reading an incomplete series, but got sucked into it when I got stuck out with nothing else to read.   Its OK, in a "where is it going" sort of way.  

SPOILER ALERT

[background='#000000']Left me hanging with zombie mrs stark about to pwn the female knight. [/background]

It reminds me of Robert Jordan, in the "is there even a real plot anymore" kind of way.

Edited by Daniel

That's easy.  No one will be talking about River Monsters on Monday.  Or ever.

LOL  probably true.   Most likely I will cave and watch GoT and then catch River Monsters On Demand.  But don't sell River Monsters short,  it is a pretty good show.

Deadwood was a great series right up until it ended with a non-renewal.   

People... Lets not reveal major plot elements or things that are big surprises. Not everyone has read or seen the series.

I think there's little excuse for not having seen the series if you are reading this thread (elements from the books are something else, however)

• Like 1

Given Peter Dinklage's (Tyrion) age and talent, I was surprised I haven't seen him in anything before. Looks like he's done a lot of stuff but it's all been things I've not seen. He's definitely my favourite character.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0227759/

Yes, he has been sort of under the radar for a long time. He's had a following, but seems that Thrones has really made him somewhat of a household name. So it sure hasn't hurt his career.

I will flat out say that I am not concerned with spoilers in a thread like this. If you are not up to date then don't click it.  How are we to discuss this show if bound by time restraints placed by those who are not current on the story?  F that.  No offense intended.

Now if one of you give up the plot line in River Monster's before I watch it On Demand I am gonna send OS to deal with you.  And he might do so with crappy commie surplus ammo.

;)

My hope for this season is Goffrey gets boofooed.  Though I doubt it will happen.  

The midget get somewhat even with Goffrey over who saved the kingdom. It darn sure was not the boy.

And of course some full frontal nudity by the Mother of Dragons.

Oh yeah,  and let someone eviscerate John Snow.  He's a pussy and deserves to die.

Other than that let the blood flow.

• Like 1

I will flat out say that I am not concerned with spoilers in a thread like this. If you are not up to date then don't click it.  How are we to discuss this show if bound by time restraints placed by those who are not current on the story?  F that.  No offense intended.

Now if one of you give up the plot line in River Monster's before I watch it On Demand I am gonna send OS to deal with you.  And he might do so with crappy commie surplus ammo.

;)

My hope for this season is Goffrey gets boofooed.  Though I doubt it will happen.  

The midget get somewhat even with Goffrey over who saved the kingdom. It darn sure was not the boy.

And of course some full frontal nudity by the Mother of Dragons.

Oh yeah,  and let someone eviscerate John Snow.  He's a pussy and deserves to die.

Other than that let the blood flow.

You dirty old man. Next you'll be naming Aria as a little hottie.