Get your colored Pmags while you can...

• Moderators

Magpul has announced that they are discontinuing production of colored mags along with Foliage Green furniture.

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/magpul-announces-grey-accessories-now-shipping-colored-magazines-will-be-discontinued/

With the launch of Stealth Gray across the board, we will be discontinuing Foliage Green as a color option, to be completely phased out by the end of 2014. Also, based on demand and to maintain consistency across our line of magazine products, all non-black MOE magazine color options will be discontinued by the end of 2014.

Guest sigequinox

If it helps keep price down or even better, lowers it, I'm all for it. I want some FDE mags, but I can always rattle can the black ones.

PMags are pretty cheap as is. I have a hard time believing it will cut costs to the point where I would choose black over FDE. Call me a douche, but i LOVE the FDE color. I know it's only aesthetic, but it tickles my fancy. end of story. If the price drops from retail of 20 to retail of 15 I would still prefer FDE for 5 more bucks.

I also can't help but feel FDE is a close, if not the most, best selling color.

The thinkin may be that the "stealth gray" mags will paint well (...they will...)... Gray is a neutral base color... Colors sprayed over it will be "true colors"....  That leaves them with two colors, black and gray.... It simplifies the feed materials thing for their manufacturing process is my uneducated guess...

leroy

PS-- I like the FDE mags too....

• Moderators

[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1142333" timestamp="1398364780"]That's cool imagine having nothing but these to choose from if ya don't want grey: da5e5eme.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.[/quote] I'd rock Rainbow Dash. :D

• Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="CQB Elite" post="1142353" timestamp="1398371599"]Kinda scary you know who Rainbow Dash is.....Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote] After watching three seasons with my daughter three times I'm very familiar with every character that's on that show. Also after watching three seasons three times, I'm actually a fan myself at this point. It's a good show.
[quote name="BrasilNuts" post="1142336" timestamp="1398365626"]I think Magpul will still offer their newest version in various colors, it's just the MOE mags that will go to black only. So you'll still be able to get your color fix.[/quote] I hope this is the case and they aren't getting out of the color game altogether
I would imagine that ultimately demand will outdrive desire for more cohesive branding.

Or someone else will take advantage of the demand. Either way I'll still probably spray paint black pmags just the same as I would have anyway as I've got plenty.

Magpul has announced that they are discontinuing production of colored mags along with Foliage Green furniture.

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industry/magpul-announces-grey-accessories-now-shipping-colored-magazines-will-be-discontinued/

I've heard (Glock) I mean others tell the tale of discontinuing production of (OD GREEN) I mean colors before.

Edited by swim615

I think Magpul will still offer their newest version in various colors, it's just the MOE mags that will go to black only.

So you'll still be able to get your color fix.

We talk to much.......I was going to post this same thing.

MOE is the cheaper version of everything MAGPUL. It would only make sense they would limit the colors.

[quote name="broox" post="1143609" timestamp="1398658566"]This thread was the nudge I needed. I ordered a few more FDE pmags today From Palmetto State Armory. I have never bought anything from them, but have read many good things about them.[/quote] As long as you aren't in a hurry, you'll be fine. People give PSA flack about their shipping times, yet you never hear them complain about their prices. Can't have both, imo.
  • Like 1