Glock Got Me

After numerous problems with my Kahr I finally gave in and bought a Glock 26. First 9mm I've ever owned and I have to say I love it. Over 200 rounds with zero issues. I now know why so many people love them, and my wife's already eying one too.
  • Like 3
Congrats, and welcome to the Glock owners club. My Glocks are just like a shovels to me and don't get treated much better, but they never fail me. What was going on with your kahr if you don't mind me asking? I'm a kahr fan too Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
[quote name="monkeylizard" post="1144852" timestamp="1398958319"]Careful.....a G26 has a way of spawning and adding a G19 to your collection when you're not looking[/quote] Then you find yourself after a 17. Ask me how I know
  • Like 3

Judging by the title, I was afraid this was going to be another negligent discharge story.

While they aren't my favorite, I respect the brand and LOVE to hear a good "I love my new gun" story. So, congrats on finding something you like.

[quote name="dcloudy777" post="1144896" timestamp="1398963717"]Every time I shoot one it just makes me appreciate my P7, 1911s, and CZs even more. :pleased:[/quote] Well, there's one in every crowd
  • Like 1

Every time I shoot one it just makes me appreciate my P7, 1911s, and CZs even more. :pleased:

Yes trust me I love my 1911's more than anything, but a little to heavy to carry all the time. Also don't want to beat my Baer up :). I needed a smaller carry that was 100% reliable, I just could not trust the finicky Kahr. First 9mm I've had and I like it a lot and so does the wife.

Lol I didn't think I'd be a member of that club either, and was sure an M&P9c would be my carry gun to replace my XD9sc... but bought my first one (a G26) yesterday. So far loving it

Dang it this little gun is pretty neat. Now I can't stop looking at kydex holsters.

I've had my G27 for several years and haven't had any problem with it.  While I think is a nice reliable pistol, nothing about it makes me see the need to buy another one.  This one does everything I expect from it.  I must be immune to the illness. :rofl:

The 26 may be the best all around carry gun ever made. Great reliability, great capacity, great accuracy, and a great price. My 9mm Glocks spawned a 10mm when I wasn't looking, and just the other day a .45acp 36 just showed up. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

Careful.....a G26 has a way of spawning and adding a G19 to your collection when you're not looking

Strangely, that wasn't the way it happened with me.

A G36 was first. Then a 22, followed by a 21, and finally a 19. After that, a 32 snuck in, another 19.

Then I developed a problem with Glocks. Sold the 22, the 21 was traded for a 23. Traded the 32 for another 19. Notice a trend here?

Sold the 23 and bougth another 21. Sold it and the last 19 together.

Went looking for another 19...and got the 26 instead.

I now know why so many people love them, and my wife's already eying one too.

First 9mm I've had and I like it a lot and so does the wife.

Well, ya know if she's anything like my wife, it's really her Glock she just hasn't told you yet ;)

This is the kicker. There will be at least one more Glock in the family I'd guess.

Yup :)

Congrats, BTW. Sweet gun!

all in all when it comes to "just works right out of the box" the glock is hard to beat.  no break in required.  load and go.  once you go glock it is hard to go to anything else. yes other guns look better and it is hard to move away from the 1911a1 and j-frame guns.  but the glock is the better pick. 

Guest RW87

After numerous problems with my Kahr I finally gave in and bought a Glock 26. First 9mm I've ever owned and I have to say I love it. Over 200 rounds with zero issues. I now know why so many people love them, and my wife's already eying one too.

I shot a Glock for the first time today (19 gen 3), and I must admit that I'm kinda considering adding one to the family now.

Edited by RW87