Goodman show

I quite going to them back in 09. Can buy products at LGS for same price and in many cases less and not have to pay to get in them and wade through all the junk tables to find something you might be interested in buying..............jmho

• Like 1

Strange thing, that Goodman show. In spite of the $8 admission + $5 parking, inflated prices, poor selection,

flea mkt. items galore, etc., it still seems to have a decent crowd.

Naive or desperation is live & well, I suppose. To each his/her own. Not mine.

Pay to park was the final nail in the coffin for me.

That put it over the line of being worth just a lookie loo. Even before that the selection and prices weren't worth the drive into Nashville. Now, I don't even consider it.

It seems that over the last few years it's been getting harder and harder to find good deals there. You can still find one here and there but it used to be that you looked forward to the show to look for the hard to find items and "Show Prices". I don't know if its the internet or what, but it seems like, price-wise, they aren't what they used to be. I saw the same thing happen with computer shows back in the 90's. It used to be that you could buy parts there and build one considerably cheaper than buying the whole thing. Once pricing on complete systems dropped and the web came about so that you could find parts any time, the shows dried up and disappeared.

The Murfreesboro show is still good enough that I look forward to it, but about the only things I look forward to are getting reloading stuff from David since he's all the way on the other side of Nashville from me, and still getting to see and fondle a good variety of guns at one place.

Yes, I think we've all discovered that the day of the gun show deal is all but gone; except for a very few of the larger shows.

Lots of reasons, but I have to say that personally' I think the internet access for many people is one of, if not the main cause. When you have access to hundreds of sources for the same product, it puts a real advantage in the hands of the consumer.

It's good to go to if you have planet alignment concern issues, or that need for a buffer retaining pin on a Sunday when waiting til Monday isn't an option....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster

Interesting thread about Goodman's. I had never been to one before moving to TN in 2012. Went to the one in Nashville last year. Apparently some vendor who got PO'd that I didn't buy went running to mgmt and said I was carrying a loaded Glock (I had it on my hip unloaded to try out some holsters and look for mags). They sent two of Nashville's finest scurrying after me, and they made me show the thing was unloaded (which I don't mind, as I've seen too many terminally stupid people pull dumb stuff at gunshows).

That wasn't the problem. However, I went to the manager and asked who had made this report on me. He wouldn't say, and got really snarky about it. No sooner did I walk away, than my friend noticed that the same two NPD cops who had confronted me earlier were "shadowing us" (and, guys, lemme tell ya - if that's the best you can do in terms of covert pedestrian surveillance ??? You need a refresher course !!!). I finally just stood looking at them and smiled broadly. They looked around real embarassed, like they'd left their zippers down, and almost ran over to the other side of the bldg. I left shortly after, pledging never to return. Still haven't.

I'm with most of the posters - the prices there were absolutely nothing special, with the exception of a little LED flashlight I scored that I have found much higher elsewhere. But, yes, pay to park ? Thank you, no. 

I also agree that gun shows in general are likely on the downturn. They just can't compete with the WWW.

The corny radio commercial that they've used for half a dozen years, with the Deliverance-style banjo music and insipid jingle singers:

"♪♫♪ Bill Goodman's... Gun & Knife Show...♪♫♪" "♪♫♪ Call a buddy, bring a friend!♪♫♪"

is enough reason in itself for me to never go back.

The producer of that commercial needs to volunteer at one of the local ranges--- as a target.

Edited by tartanphantom
  • Like 1

call a buddy !bring a friend!

the crap that you'll see will never ever end;

there's bone handled knives, and ass zappers too;

for 13 bucks lord who ever knew!

with buttcrack and BO wreaking in the halls;

the sellers want money, and gun buyers balls.

22 ammo can sometimes be found, the sellers will finance at 50 cent a round.

not seen on e bay, or any old store, bill goodmans gun show leaves you asking for more.

old pictures of adolph,old legends and dead friends,are there to make money at the tables on the ends.

If youre looking for a deal, this gun show wont help,try Yahoo and google or a shop thats on YELP.

so when you hear the ad, remember thus rhyme,TGO vendors and arfcom may save you a dime!

good day! LOL....

PS; this is in jest,as a lot of us on here have some folks we like and respect that do hit the shows as vendors....but prob dont hit this one anymore....;)

• Like 2