Official TGO Pro Tech Godfather Buy in thread SOLD OUT

Guys and Gals,

This will probably be the Last TGO Pro Tech knife as it has become more hectic than I thought it would ever be. I Will do everything that I can do to make this run happen, including opening it up to some other forums that I belong to. The 15th of October is the absolute deadline.  

Willis, as I have said many times...Thank You for all the work you have put into this.

Too many don't realize the amount of time and labor that goes into setting all this up.

Dealing with the knife company initially organizing a buy.

Getting people interested enough to sing up for a buy.

Dealing with a design.

Getting it approved by potential buyers.

Getting that design worked out by the manufacturer.

Getting the "buyers" involved to pay, and do it in a timely manner. Almost having to threaten and beg to get us to pay up after signing up.

Then all the time you have involved in just sitting here compiling names and address to send them out.

Plus the amount of computer time you've spent just watching this and answering questions and responding to comments.

I'm sure this has been an emotional and physical drain on you. And I fully understand your reluctance to do it again.

For my part, I think you are a great person to have taken this on; and I gratefully acknowledge your efforts.

Many Thanks, and as my beloved grandmother use to say. "Until you are better paid...Thank You."

• Like 8
Ditto HiPower. It is sad that it has come to this point, but I appreciate everything you've done, especially the assistance you offered me. My Rockeye is a knife I'll always love, and I really hope it will have a matching Godfather before it's all over.

Thank you Willis. Edited by musicman

I've acquired several knives since the TN knife law changed, but the TGO Pro Tech will remain one of my most valued knives. 

I'm still hoping a few more orders will allow the TGO Godfather to be produced.

Thank you Willis for the hours of work you've invested to make it happen.

Edited by tnhawk

I've acquired several knives since the TN knife law changed, but the TGO Pro Tech will remain one of my most valued knives.

I'm still hoping a few more orders will allow the TGO Godfather to be produced.

Thank you Willis for the hours of work you've invested to make it happen.

My order is coming soon - the Oct 15 extension was a big help.

thanks Willis.  

I really really really hope this works out.  I want my very unique knife.   This is an awesome piece and I am truly surprised a forum this size can't cover fifty knives.

Opening it to outsiders should easily put us over the top.  I hope. 

I absolutely appreciate you effort.

thanks Willis.  

I really really really hope this works out.  I want my very unique knife.   This is an awesome piece and I am truly surprised a forum this size can't cover fifty knives.

Opening it to outsiders should easily put us over the top.  I hope. 

I absolutely appreciate you effort.

Do note, we've had two knife group buys in fairly recent succession. With a small group of 'knife people' compared to the majority of the forum, seems like a lot of folks that jumped on the first one are going for this one as well. Not too much new interest. 

While I certainly appreciate Willis' work on these efforts, unfortunately group buys often end up being a whole lot of trouble for relatively little return. 

HIPOWER is right on the mark.

WILLIS68: I know exactly how you feel. I have initiated and facilitated literally hundreds of group-buys over the years for many things including amish beef jerky, amish smoked cheese, brazilian lump charcoal, guns, ammo, military surplus items, etc. etc. I have also planned and conducted a massive gun owner picnic in middle TN for several hundred folks with multiple dealer sponsors. In each case I spent at least 50-100 hours dealing with the planning, communications, sign up, payments, execution, and cleanup, and I did it all for the grand sum of $0.00, not even getting a free or discounted item for my trouble. In fact I usually end up being shorted on my own order because someone inevitably comes up short or complains about something and I give them something from my own order to make it right. Or in some cases I had to cover unexpected expenses out of my own pocket so I actually lost money on the deal. So it really sucks when you have invested so much effort and time (and perhaps some money too) for little or no personal gain, only to have the deal fall short in the final execution phase. At least in your case you are getting a few benefits from Pro-Tech for your trouble, and I hope that this is always the case since I fully respect the effort that goes into a deal like this.

There are a few things you may want to consider regarding this current group-buy, which might help to explain the lower participation and slower payment issues:

1. We just recently completed a similar group-buy for the LG-101, so many members that would normally be interested may not have enough discretionary cash free to buy another high-end knife so soon.
  2. This is primarily a gun forum, so many of our members may have a limited interest in knives. This is especially true for high-end knives, some of which cost as much as a new or slightly used gun.
  3. Anyone with kids is likely still recovering from the back-to-school expenses and related expenditures such as clothing, sports, school events, fundraisers, second cars, etc.
  4. This Godfather knife is significantly more expensive than the recent LG-101, further limiting the audience including those who may really like it but just can't afford it, or those who aren't able to justify spending so much on a knife.
  5. Some folks may be reluctant to spend so much on a knife that they will rarely use, either because they don't normally carry a knife like this, and/or because these custom knives are so nice (and expensive) that we wouldn't want to mess them up by using them too much. I know that with my own LG-101 I love it and like to carry it / show it off, but I am loathe to actually use it for anything that might significantly damage or mar it, so it is mostly just a decorative accessory that will likely end up in my safe after the novelty wears off in a few months.
  6. TGO has also run a few other group-buys in recent past, including the CMT lowers in 5.56 and the soon-to-be-executed CMT lowers in 308. So some folks that might normally participate in a group-buy like this may have prioritized their funds for these other items first, and they can't afford to do them all.
  7. Some folks may be anticipating yet more TGO knife group-buys in the near future, and perhaps they are waiting for one of those models instead of the Godfather.
  8. Some folks may be waiting to pay until the absolute last minute, as they prefer to let their cash sit in their own back accounts until the deal is really ready to execute. I was in this boat until recently, and to be honest I only paid when I did because I felt that the deadline was really 9/15. If I had known it would be extended to 10/15 then I would have waited until the last week or so to pay.
  9. The delivery window is unspecified, only that we should have these before Christmas, and that is a pretty long time to wait for gratification after paying for an item like this. I know I am extremely anxious to get my knife already, and I was not too thrilled to hear of the payment deadline extension, because I had assumed that we would get the knifes much sooner than November or closer to Christmas.

There are other factors too which I am sure would explain our current status, these were just the factors which came to mind quickly. So don't take it personally if the turnout and payments are not as high and as fast as you had hoped. Also, it would seem to me that Pro-Tech would be foolish to turn down the order even if we only hit 35-40 knifes total. That is still a lot of business and I am sure they are making a pretty hefty profit even at these reduced prices. But if not, and the deal falls apart for any reason, then you should still be satisfied knowing that you did everything possible to make it work. My hat is off to you, and I hereby volunteer to help you with coordinating, planning, communicating, and executing this or any future group-buy.

• Like 3

Guys and Gals,

This will probably be the Last TGO Pro Tech knife as it has become more hectic than I thought it would ever be. I Will do everything that I can do to make this run happen, including opening it up to some other forums that I belong to. The 15th of October is the absolute deadline.

Don't hang it up yet brother! There are many more models looking to join out group :)

Hopefully it gets less painless and if not, may be someone else can head up the effort to give you a break.

Guys and Gals,

if this one works out, I will continue, I have a couple planned for next year, Dave the owner of Pro Tech has gone out of his way for me to do these knives, they are the best company that I have ever dealt with, 

Now in the Beginning these knives were promised to be delivered by Christmas, now if I have enough orders on the 15th of October, these should be delivered to you homes mid November or sooner. 

I appreciate each and every one of you Gents for your support and I hope you all know that

• Like 4

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Dave has capped this run out at 40, he has people SCREAMING for his Godfathers and allocated 60 for us. Dave put all the parts away for this run, so we only have 6 more open slots, all of you who have numbers higher than 40 and other ones I have discussed are good to go, 

There are only 6 more knives left and I have them ALL sold on another forum for MORE money if you all do not claim them and pay for them by the 15th, of October, this run is DEFINITELY happening people  :usa:  

• Like 7

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Dave has capped this run out at 40, he has people SCREAMING for his Godfathers and allocated 60 for us. Dave put all the parts away for this run, so we only have 6 more open slots, all of you who have numbers higher than 40 and other ones I have discussed are good to go, 

There are only 6 more knives left and I have them ALL sold on another forum for MORE money if you all do not claim them and pay for them by the 15th, of October, this run is DEFINITELY happening people  :usa:  

:woohoo:  :woohoo: :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:  

• Like 3