Official TGO Pro Tech Godfather Buy in thread SOLD OUT

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a couple of Americans on my crew out here that want a couple of these, I am extending the Payment deadline until Oct 15th, The knives will be completed and should be at your doors mid November, so the extended deadline will not effect when we get them,

Honestly I think we will have enough orders if all of you who have said you are in buy one, but if on October 15th we do Not have 50 orders I will start refunding everyone's money and I will never do another group buy, 

I'm gonna have to back out on this one. Sorry guys. I have unexpected expenses of finding a more reliable truck soon as my 1998 durango which has served me well since 1999 is having transmission issues.

Would love one but i got bigger issues on the horizon.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a couple of Americans on my crew out here that want a couple of these, I am extending the Payment deadline until Oct 15th, The knives will be completed and should be at your doors mid November, so the extended deadline will not effect when we get them,

Honestly I think we will have enough orders if all of you who have said you are in buy one, but if on October 15th we do Not have 50 orders I will start refunding everyone's money and I will never do another group buy, 

I'd rather see this opened up to outside orders than see it bagged.  But it is your baby and I support whatever you decide.

mostly if this is a fail I don't see myself spending this kind of money on a random knife.

C'mon people join in on this group buy.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2
Jump in fellas, extra time to get the cash in! That, and I really want more of these in the future!

My birthday is actually Oct 15th, make my dreams come true... buy a TGO Godfather!

Willis, I'm sure this is frustrating work for you. I hope you know that I, and many others, sincerely appreciate it. Many of us have no other chance at getting such sweet custom pieces, and your generosity in time and work to do this for us is really awesome.
  • Like 5

Im still on the fence, while i have had car issues( fixed for now) and now GF issues( in process), I don't know if i really can afford a $240 knife. (i already have about 10 gerber blades stashed in various places in the house, truck and atv.

Now if it holds its edge and dosent need sharpening all the time, I might reconsider. I always need a sharp knife.

I posted last right before i saw the deadline extended to October 15th, If i can make it work, i might still reconsider.

• Like 2

go to the first post and research the steel.  It is a great blade.  If it stays sharp depends on if you abuse it.  

I abuse knives on cellophane tape and cardboard.  I am pretty sure this knife will hold up from my research.

Might be too purty to work with though.  I will carry it.

Edited by Mike.357

Im still on the fence, while i have had car issues( fixed for now) and now GF issues( in process), I don't know if i really can afford a $240 knife. (i already have about 10 gerber blades stashed in various places in the house, truck and atv.

Now if it holds its edge and dosent need sharpening all the time, I might reconsider. I always need a sharp knife.

I posted last right before i saw the deadline extended to October 15th, If i can make it work, i might still reconsider.

It's easy to afford a $240 knife.  Without the GF you will find you have LOTS of money to spend on cool stuff.  And just think this knife will not nag or whine.  It doesn't mind if you go out with any of your other knives.  You can have more than one by your side at anytime without worrrying about jealousy.  It doesn't care if you leave it in the drawer for months.   It won't complain if you fondle it in public.  It's all WIN...

• Like 4

It's easy to afford a $240 knife.  Without the GF you will find you have LOTS of money to spend on cool stuff.  And just think this knife will not nag or whine.  It doesn't mind if you go out with any of your other knives.  You can have more than one by your side at anytime without worrrying about jealousy.  It doesn't care if you leave it in the drawer for months.   It won't complain if you fondle it in public.  It's all WIN...

This knife will not complain if you post its picture on the internet.

• Like 2
Lol at knife vs. gf/spouse comparisons. Very funny, but also true. :D

My former wife was initially critical of all my gun investments, like most spouses tend to be. Until one day I found a great deal and purchased it, then she was admonishing me afterwards so I said well I'll sell this one and you can have the profit for shopping. It sold instantly for a decent profit which she gladly used to buy clothes and jewelry. So from then on she never questioned my gun purchases, realizing they were as good as money in the bank, and in fact she would often ask me "why don't you buy some more guns, then sell one, so I can go shopping"...
  • Like 1

My wife has always been pretty understanding about my gun buying. It's always been that if we weren't in debt or let something important to her slide; I was pretty much free to do whatever I wanted...within reason anyway.

In the early years, she would just ask why I needed to buy another, or how much did I spend, or worse yet; just shake her head and say "you spent that much for that!"

But in recent years, just tells me to have fun with it. And not do something stupid in meeting sellers.

I'm very blessed.

Now about the knife buying....that's another matter. Sure it's just another tool.

But that explanation just doesn't work with her. She in not a knife fan at all.

Edited by hipower