Moving sucks

If you keep talkng about hot chicken I'll drive down there myself and go to Prince's with you.  That's some good eatin'!

I must be the only one in Middle TN who doesn't like hot chicken.   After the first bite I couldn't feel my mouth.  

• Like 1

If you keep talkng about hot chicken I'll drive down there myself and go to Prince's with you.  That's some good eatin'!

I'm about due for another trip too. Come on down, and we'll all go. David can be our security. He's a better shot than the rest of us. :)

We moved twice in three months! 

We lived in our previous house for 15 years, and had 15 years worth of treasure to move. We decided, after 25 years of dreaming of leaving the city, to go ahead and make that dream a reality. We put our house up for sale and it sold almost immediately. We could not find another house to buy before closing so we moved into a rental house that we own, and that had just gone vacant.

We found a house in the country that was perfect for us, and bought that. We now have 5 acres, and I can see one neighbor. Nothing but woods and hay fields all around. Best of all, my back yard is my new shooting range.

Yes...moving sucks...even an "easy" move sucks. I lived in my house for 11 years and had zero plans to move but live often throws curves at you!

One thing my recent move has taught me is that I have far too much STUFF.  I gave hundreds of books away to Goodwill and a pile of cloths and other stuff and I still had enough to fill a good sized storage unit plus I brought a U-Haul trailer of stuff down to Savannah with me just to have the "stuff" I use all the time (including my firearms of course).

When it comes time to move again I'm going to be purging even more...the older I get the more I know that I don't want my family to have to sort through mountains of my stuff that have been unused for so long I don't even remember that I have them. ;)

Yes...moving sucks...even an "easy" move sucks. I lived in my house for 11 years and had zero plans to move but live often throws curves at you!

One thing my recent move has taught me is that I have far too much STUFF.  I gave hundreds of books away to Goodwill and a pile of cloths and other stuff and I still had enough to fill a good sized storage unit plus I brought a U-Haul trailer of stuff down to Savannah with me just to have the "stuff" I use all the time (including my firearms of course).

When it comes time to move again I'm going to be purging even more...the older I get the more I know that I don't want my family to have to sort through mountains of my stuff that have been unused for so long I don't even remember that I have them. ;)

You have it figured out, Robert. I've been thinking along those same lines.

My father-in-law, a retired builder, has been doing that for the last year. It is amazing, and frightening how much a person can accumulate in a lifetime; especially someone in his profession.

Anyway, that started me to thinking about what my wife would have to wade thru if I don't start straightening up my own "stuff" and lightening the load so to speak.

You have it figured out, Robert. I've been thinking along those same lines.

My father-in-law, a retired builder, has been doing that for the last year. It is amazing, and frightening how much a person can accumulate in a lifetime; especially someone in his profession.

Anyway, that started me to thinking about what my wife would have to wade thru if I don't start straightening up my own "stuff" and lightening the load so to speak.

A friend of a friend ran into the same problem. To make a long story short, at least have ballpark values for all your guns written down somewhere for your wives and keep the values updated and realistic for a quick sale. I'm not married but I'm going to start a separate log from my C&R to include all my guns. I even have the log, just been to lacy to sort through receipts to fill it out.

Builds character. Try moving countries. NOW THAT SUCKS. Waiting months for a damn shipping container to arrive.

Heh. We dumped most of our stuff and came over with a couple of suitcases apiece. Now, that was liberating.

Why on earth would anyone move a country? Wait a minute!! That does sound like a good Idea. Lets move Mexico to Iraq and fill the empty space with ocean

Could we just move Alabama so we could have some nice beaches?

When my grandparents came here they only had a few suitcases and a trunk worth of stuff with them. Of course this was back in the mid 50's and being not too well off I guess they might not have had much else to bring. :shrug:

My last big move was great. Got rid of everything that wouldn't fit in my car and did CA to Nashville in 3 days solo. Really love making that drive, just wish I had cruise control.

A friend of a friend ran into the same problem. To make a long story short, at least have ballpark values for all your guns written down somewhere for your wives and keep the values updated and realistic for a quick sale. I'm not married but I'm going to start a separate log from my C&R to include all my guns. I even have the log, just been to lacy to sort through receipts to fill it out.

You are a C&R guy?!? Dang. That's who's got all the guns locked away. Not me.

Naw, the C&R came was mostly cold by the time I got mine a year or two ago. It did help me stock up a few things, but anymore it's going to be kept for the Brownells discount. ;)

One of my only real regrets as far as collecting is not jumping on milsurp as soon as I came of age. I remember when my M69 cost $50 and you could get good looking Enfields at today's Nagant pricing. I'd love to get my hands on some older pistols too, but they're out of my price range these days for what I want them for.