TWD Season 5

I think this is an editorial error and a plot continuation.  It looked like she took the whole chocolate piece the first time, then again the second time.  Anyone thinking tactically like her would not endanger the mission by taking anything but what they came for, especially when they made it a point to bring up the box of guns they would not notice; I think the writers got lazy.

What if it's a plan of her's to put the blame (if caught) on the pantry lady and take over that job.....

As to the A stamp, I'm with the camp saying it's just a kid playing with a stamp. There is another camp on ARFCOM that will curse you for suggesting any thing outside of its a reference to the Scarlet letter.  It also servers as a nod to the A boxcar from the start of the season.

Ok. Thanks. I thought that's what it was. but I thought she said something like he chained Jesse and Sam. I agree with Carol. Coward assed wife beaters should die.

Yes, I had to rewind and up the volume. The first line was something like "he's hitting Jesse" followed by "and maybe Sam too."

Dialog gets very hard to hear on this show sometimes.

Yes, I had to rewind and up the volume. The first line was something like "he's hitting Jesse" followed by "and maybe Sam too."

Dialog gets very hard to hear on this show sometimes.

I saw where some people run close captioning when they rewatch it to catch stuff.

• Like 1

If you remember along the seasons, someone has always said something like "it's what we do" when faced with a tough choice they always pick to save a life. The opposite of that happens in the ASZ. It's just tough luck and you're on your own with them.

I honestly think if Rick and Carol stood up at a meeting and said we are in charge now that they would all surrender faster than Frenchmen.

I saw where some people run close captioning when they rewatch it to catch stuff.

That's not a bad idea, Spiffy. I might try it sometime.

If you remember along the seasons, someone has always said something like "it's what we do" when faced with a tough choice they always pick to save a life. The opposite of that happens in the ASZ. It's just tough luck and you're on your own with them.

I honestly think if Rick and Carol stood up at a meeting and said we are in charge now that they would all surrender faster than Frenchmen.

The inhabitants of Alexandria do seem to be on the...well wimpy side. Don't seem like they ever had to fight as Rick's group to survive.

The takeover maneuver could be the season ender. Rick stands up and says just that and we fade out till fall.

Recall back to the beginning of the show. Carol was a meek housewife to an abusive husband. I think he got a beat down once for manhandling her, didn't he? I guess that's why Carol is so intense about this guy being abusive to his wife and kid. For some reason I feel a twist coming on. The kid never said his dad was the abusive one. My gut says we will find out that the truth is the wife is the abusive one, and Rick will have to put HER down. That may be why the husband so desperately wants to be friends with Rick. Plus the kid cozying up to Carol makes me think he is looking for a mother figure.

I also find it very disturbing that the culture of Alexandria is to run away and to leave their friends behind when faced with danger. Didn't the one construction worker say something like, "It's what we do".

Hate on me if you want, but I'm not sad to see Noah go. I never liked his character all that much. I thought he was weak. His carelessness in his old home neighborhood is one of the reasons Tyrese got bit.

The priest has completely lost it. A lot of the "horrible things" Rick's group has done, was to save his own skin. And he failed to mention how he locked his own parishioners out of the church when they were seeking shelter. At least Rick's group never killed innocents.

• Like 1

Recall back to the beginning of the show. Carol was a meek housewife to an abusive husband. I think he got a beat down once for manhandling her, didn't he?

Yes, Shane beat the crap out of Ed in the quarry for slapping Carol. Carol cried and begged him to stop, then tended to Ed's wounds. He got eaten in the next episode. Darryl was going to smash his head with a pick axe to prevent zombie-Ed, but Carol stepped up and did it, unleashing her pent up rage by smashing the remnants of Ed repeatedly.

Edited by monkeylizard

Ok. Thanks. I thought that's what it was. but I thought she said something like he chained Jesse and Sam. I agree with Carol. Coward assed wife beaters should die.

Could be a fake-out. Maybe Jesse is the batterer and she smashed her owl in a fit of rage. Sam drinks because he's an abused husband (maybe)

Just to add: Yet more facepalms this episode. You have a bunch of walkers you could pick off easily and instead just walk on by so they can get you later when things screw up (even worse when they leave the office where most of them could have been picked off through the window).

Edited by tnguy