TWD Season 5

Good episode, I was worried that since Noah died that Karl wasn't going to score, but hey he made it to .025 base in this episode!

Way to go Karl, getting a little pinky action in the tree lol..

I feel like we are up against another hard cliff hanger. Next episode will be all political, even some of Rick's own people will vote to banish him.  It will end with the wolves rolling into town.

I feel like we are going to lose someone big on Sunday. Everyone is thinking Glenn but I see either Carol, Daryl or Michonne taking a dirt nap.

Rick will be on lock down the first few episodes of next season until Deanna and Michonne realize that he was right when the wolves start attacking.

Episode “Try”

Sasha: has gone off the deep end, but for the better, she may have hit rock bottom.  I do agree with her view point of taking the “offense”.  Almost 2 years into this scenario and the only “offensive” actions against walkers was by the Gov. and people of Woodbury. 

Rosita and Michone going to look for Sasha, only armed with a knife and a handgun?  It really appears that Michone is burned out and like I pointed out with Sasha, she may have hit rock bottom saying she was “asleep”.

Carl and Edin, Carl is trying to figure out this girl, and she is up to something.  Get approached my herd of walkers and hide in a hollow tree????  They were lucky, walkers would have smelled them…..but it’s drama TV and have to show a “love” relationship.  Carl is interested in next step in relationship, Edin is NOT interested.

Darryl and Aaron are finding more evidence of the wolves.  What gets me is that intelligence is not shared.  Darryl was not in the group that visited the survivor community in Richmond, but Rick doesn’t bother to tell anyone about the dismembered bodies and the “W” carved on foreheads? 

Last but not least….Rick and his dealings with Pete.  Or maybe I should call Rick …..Shane?  Difficult for me to cheer for Rick since his motive is to “get some”, maybe Rick should listen to Naughty by Nature:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xGuGSDsDrM  “O.P.P”

Rick gets about bested by Pete????  

I think Pete held his own because of pure rage and jealousy and because he is just a bad person. Rick is still in the questioning phase, maybe, as he had to almost be pushed into the scenario by SCarol. He is committed to the idea and professes it verbally, but he's not completely there (i.e. conscious) or he would have let Pete have it at the pond scene. JMO.

I feel like we are going to lose someone big on Sunday. Everyone is thinking Glenn but I see either Carol, Daryl or Michonne taking a dirt nap.

Maybe if one of them wants out in real life and can contractually do it -- otherwise, would think the risk of losing viewers is too great to snuff any of the four. Especially Daryl, although he's the likeliest one to want to leave I would think, already being established as "movie star".

Can actually see Rick being the sacrifice really. Maybe showing his ass this drastically is the lead in and justification. He may also now have enough offers in the real world of the biz to want out too, assuming he contractually can.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Following the pattern, Sasha has been receiving screen time and character development, I predict she is the first to go in the finale.

After that it is the question of Nicholas vs Glenn, since Nicholas now has possession of the missing Glock.

Following the pattern, Sasha has been receiving screen time and character development, I predict she is the first to go in the finale.

After that it is the question of Nicholas vs Glenn, since Nicholas now has possession of the missing Glock.

My money is on sasha as well

After watching the talking dead I think Carl is going to die now. She said "lose Carl early" and then made an awkward pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that she was referring the phenomena that child actors change so quickly and sometimes get written off rather than adapt or explain their age (like Walt on Lost).  I suspect that they will follow the comics closely in regard to Carl and Rick.  The creator is on record as saying that the story is about Rick, and when he dies, presumably the story ends.  Obviously that doesn't protect Carl, though.

I think Nicholas will end up dead.  I bet the Alexandrians make a big deal about Rick's contraband stolen gun, and then get a wake-up call when they discover one of their own did basically the same thing that Rick did (steal a gun and keep it secret). 

I would be surprised if anymore of the main cast dies this season, but I could see a lot of the extras in the Safe Zone becoming red shirts, like what happened with the Woodbury survivors at the prison.  That would fit the producer's description of a lot of human blood.

I think that she was referring the phenomena that child actors change so quickly and sometimes get written off rather than adapt or explain their age (like Walt on Lost).  ..

Yeah seemed clear to me she was talking about Riggs early on in the production, that he "made the cut" as an actor so could be counted on to be included in the cast ongoing.

- OS

RIggs was a horrible actor for the first few seasons. I will admit that he has come into his own the last season and a half. I suppose that being on the most popular television show of all/recent time allows you the ability to get extra attention/training.

I don't know how the mayor of Alexandria votes Rick out.  I really do not see any of the original group telling Rick he has to leave.   NO way.   And if Rick would somehow get kicked out what of Carl and Judith?  Carl is not going to stay and Rick is not leaving the baby.

They can kill anyone besides Glenn, Rick, Darryl, Carl, Judith, and Carol and the story doesn't have to take a big directional change. They won't kill Rick because the story is about him. They can kill any of the core, but losing any of them would have a profound impact on Rick and an equally sizable impact on the storyline. Since it's a season finale, they very well could go for that. Losing any of the others won't have as big of an impact. We've recently lost Bob, Beth, Tyreese, and Noah, and nothing really changed for Rick. The same would be true for Tara, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Gabriel, and even Maggie and Michonne. Losing them would have big impacts on other characters, but not Rick. All Alexandrians are wearing red shirts on an away mission.

If they kill Glenn, I predict it will be by the hands of Nicholas, either by straight murder or by setting a walker trap that even Glenn can't escape. What I'd like to see happen is Nicholas set a trap for Glenn only to have Glenn escape and summarily execute Nicholas. If the trap gets Maggie instead, that could make for an interesting character development for Glenn. Would he become a bloodthirsty rage monster? Would he torture Nicholas? Feed him to walkers? How much of himself would Glenn lose? They haven't done much with Glenn lately, mostly because I think the "group" got too large and they've spent time developing side characters like Sasha.

Rick's not leaving Alexandria. They may have to change the sign out front to say "Welcome to Grimesville. Popluation: 1" but he's not leaving.

Edited by monkeylizard

I think it's setting up for a big showdown which gets conveniently interrupted by the Wolverines. The Z-virus (or whatever it's called this time) was actually a soviet plan and everywhere west of the Appalachians is under Russian control. Vladimir Putin guest-stars in the season finale.

reddawn.jpg

The battle will be won at great cost to the Alexandrians, maybe one of the show regulars and a hairline scratch to Rick's cheek after which everyone will realize that they need to work together against far worse things "out there" though it's probably "just better" if the regulars move on.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

Except for a few things already covered, I really wasn't impressed with this episode. 

The best part tonight, for me at least, was the Talking Dead episode. I found it to be very good, and the teaser showing Carol with another cassarole dish in one hand,  and a knife in the other getting Pete set for a pant's-wetting-moment.

Yep, the Carol v. Pete sneak-peak was excellent.

Pete makes a good antagonist for Rick. I want him to get (b)eaten to death at some point, but I think they'd be doing the story a disservice to kill him off next week. It's too quick. I think there's a lot more they can do with him and the balance issue he brings up. How much bad behavior do you allow from someone with unique and valuable skills? Abraham's strong, a capable zombie killer, and a leader. That's why the drinking and single-mindedness get a pass. Gabriel is worthless. Once his betrayal comes to light, that won't get a pass. How much of a pass does a surgeon get?

I think Deanna will have to make some hard choices next week. She has always been in a rebuilding mindset. I think she'll have to get into survival mode. Then she'll finally understand what Rick has been going on about. She has never faced what's out there and coming their way as Rick has. The ending could be her being taken out and Rick assuming control, though I don't see that as a cliffhanger so it's not likely.

In the Talking Dead, they said that the finale would have a lot of non-walker deaths. That could mean a lot of things. Could be red-shirt Alexadrians. Could be from disagreeing factions such as Ricks supporters vs non-supporters. Could be a Wolves massacre.

My theory is that Rick gets voted for exile, and just as they are about to put him out, the Wolves show up, and he gets to stick around and lead the fight. Or they repeat the scenario from earlier, he gets exiled and returns to save them from the Wolves.

Another thought I had was that perhaps Enid was the one carving W's onto foreheads, during her many outings. Although I doubt she would be doing the dismemberment, as that would be pretty bloody and someone would notice.

I thought it was pretty odd that when Carol brought the dish to Deanna, she left it on the porch. As far as I can figure, Carol has done a great job of blending in, so I can't understand Deann's beef with her. Leaving the dish and burning the card tells me that Deanna is done with the new group. All of them. I think she is realizing she gave them too much power.

agree that Deanna is done with Rick's group.  

I still want to hear theory on how Rick gets voted off the island.  Who is enforcing that?  Who is laying down for it?  What about his kids?   C'mon dish!

Even though I believe Rick to be morally wrong in his moves towards the married woman,  it is a different time and place than "our" world today.  Life is short, take what you can is how he thinks.  Seems that way to me anyway.   

I hope we do not lose Rick, Carol, Daryl, Glenn or Maggie next week.  I kind of like Eugene too.   Carl needs to be a walker.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 1

Enid's not the carver. Darryl and Aaron are way out away from town. No way that was Enid with a campfire, tied up a living woman by herself, dismembered several walkers, and got back home without being soaked in blood in less than a day.

Rick won't get kicked out. Can't happen. He has all of the fighters. I think he'll be under house arrest for a while, then the Wolves will show up and he'll come out and lead the defenses. Deanna will finally realize she truly needs Rick. I don't think the Alexandrians are playing down their strengths. I think they truly have been lucky all this time and have had very few humans or walkers around them.

have they ever shown or mentioned disposing of the deader walkers?   Sasha plugged a bunch of them,  who is carting them off?

Maybe the Wolves are part of Alexandria?   How is Deanna in charge?   Stuff does not add up.  Why would anyone follow her?  

Daryl would just as soon stay outside the walls.  Michone needs to remember how to.