Welp...It is now here folks...ebola

Someotherguy

I'm just trying to see I I can chase the tin foil behatted into their bunkers. :lol:

Also:

1524d3451f4ba694bf3ab5bc03e5fc17.jpg

No. You are just trying to see if anybody else will buy into the total anarchy thing. :) We're are stuck with the gov'ment until you can drag up some more votes. Might as well try to get them to do something useful. :)

No. You are just trying to see if anybody else will buy into the total anarchy thing. :) We're are stuck with the gov'ment until you can drag up some more votes. Might as well try to get them to do something useful. :)

It might be interesting to discuss the response to something like Ebola in a libertarian or minarchist environment but I'm sure it's been done to death already.

Troutburger: Classic.

Edited by tnguy

It might be interesting to discuss the response to something like Ebola in a libertarian or minarchist environment but I'm sure it's been done to death already.

Troutburger: Classic.

May be better or worse. Fact is, it isn't real. If a society like that ever comes along, it won't be any time soon. You can't take a hairpin curve with a super tanker. Too much momentum.

• Moderators

May be better or worse. Fact is, it isn't real. If a society like that ever comes along, it won't be any time soon. You can't take a hairpin curve with a super tanker. Too much momentum.

Especially when you can't convince the driver of that tanker full of liquid oxygen that he's about to drive into a brick wall just over the next hill.
  • Moderators

"In a related case, a health care worker who may have handled a specimen from Duncan was reported to be on a cruise ship in the Caribbean."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/17/texas-ebola-health-care-workers-travel-ban/17424465/

Oh boy

THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

W.B. Yeats
  • Like 1

Is it me or does it seem that every high level action/decision being made with regard to Ebola is more conducive to the continued spread of the virus than to the containment and eradication of it?

It would seem that way. They've surprised me again with their incompetence. I put way too much faith in people to do the right thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone needs to be photoshopping that guy into moon landing shots, beside the grassy knoll, etc.

Something is definitely off about him being an idiot. Surely there would have been a lot of waving and shouting if he was out of place? And then he's holding that bag open for whatever they're putting in there.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

Someone needs to be photoshopping that guy into moon landing shots, beside the grassy knoll, etc.

Something is definitely off about him being an idiot. Surely there would have been a lot of waving and shouting if he was out of place? And then he's holding that bag open for whatever they're putting in there.

It's been explained. He is the safety protocol supervisor. He isn't suited up because it obstructs his view. He is observing those who are contacting the patient while he is at a safe distance. He is trained to not make contact and has a suit ready if a situation were to warrant him putting it on. He observes the transfer of potentially contaminated material in biohazard containment bags and then boards the plane.

Regardless of what people want to believe, this disease isn't airborne, keeping a distance from infected patient is a perfectly reasonably safety measure.

I read a story if how reporters in west Africa are safer NOT wearing suites because the potential contamination when removing it is high. It's better to not wear the suit and keep you distance from anyone who might have the EBOLA and basically don't touch anything and disinfect continually. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

I just posted that picture because I thought it was funny. Lumberjack explained it.

Regardless of what people want to believe, this disease isn't airborne, keeping a distance from infected patient is a perfectly reasonably safety measure.

It isn’t “what people want to believe”; it’s getting the facts. Ebola not being airborne is not a fact and is in dispute by many medical professionals including those that have studied it for years.

But now that Obama has appointed an Ebola Czar who is a professional political worker that has absolutely no medical training; we surely will get good info.
  • Like 1

It isn’t “what people want to believe”; it’s getting the facts. Ebola not being airborne is not a fact and is in dispute by many medical professionals including those that have studied it for years

If it was airborne there wouldn't be anyone left alive in Africa. Sneezing and exhaled breath are still considered close contact infection.

I've seen no credible source of anyone that says it's truly airborne.

So yes it is about what people want to believe
  • Like 1

If it was airborne there wouldn't be anyone left alive in Africa. Sneezing and exhaled breath are still considered close contact infection.

Nonsense, not everyone exposed to any virus contracts it. The fact that everyone in Africa isn’t dead doesn’t mean it couldn’t be airborne.

Have you read what different medical professionals are saying? No one can prove that it is or is not contracted through the air.

I have no want or desire to believe one way or the other but I know BS when I hear it, and we aren’t getting good information form the CDC or the white house.
  • Like 1

They're playing semantics with it.  Saying things like "well, airborne contagions are considered to be .399 microns and below and ebola is .401"

If someone can sneeze or cough in a room and you can walk through the area while those particles are floating in the air and catch it, the sh!t is airborne.  I don't care what kind of technicality they try to use to sweep it under the rug.

From the WHO:

Theoretically, wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus – over a short distance – to another nearby person.

This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing (which does not mean airborne transmission) onto the mucus membranes or skin with cuts or abrasions of another person.

In an effort to show that I am not putting selective info out there - they do state that there are no known studies that document this type of transmission, but they also cannot isolate the specific mode of transmission for those cases where people have contracted it.

Edited by Sam1

Nonsense, not everyone exposed to any virus contracts it. The fact that everyone in Africa isn’t dead doesn’t mean it couldn’t be airborne.

Have you read what different medical professionals are saying? No one can prove that it is or is not contracted through the air.

I have no want or desire to believe one way or the other but I know BS when I hear it, and we aren’t getting good information form the CDC or the white house.

Yes if it was airborne the infection rate would be significantly higher. If you don't believe that that's fine. Again you can believe what you want.

I have read numerous things. None of which have any evidence that Ebola is transmitting any differently thank it did in the 70s when it was discovered.

There are only 2 cases of infection in the US Both of which had direct contact with diarrhea filled diapers. If it was or is airborne there would be many more infections simply die to the fact that they are treating it as a direct contact. Anyone removing hazard suits would be at risk, you would have to decontaminate the suit before taking it off. That simply isn't the case. And that's enough for me to believe in the ACTUAL science.

So many people have an utter distrust for the .gov that they make shit up just to be at odds with them. I certainly don't trait Obama or his czar but the scientists who know Ebola aren't writing a new manual on its transmission