Lights.

Ted S.

No way.

Wife is going back to the Philippines for Christmas this year so I don't have to put up anything!  No lights.  No tree.  No decorations.  It's gonna be awesome

Is she leaving you with a freezer full of lumpia? Can I come over after she is gone? I can bring my own banana sauce. :)

She's leaving me with a freezer full of healthy choice frozen meals lol

On a side note, if you all want anything from there Lager just pm me, I'll get her to bring it back.  The only thing we usually bring back are a bunch of pearls, so she may be able to stuff some other stuff in the bag for you.

Lights? Bah, humbug ...

Im with you. The heck with it. Christmas is way to commercial and overblown these days. If it wasn't for my wife the only Christmas stuff we would do is dinner with the family. No tree, presents, etc.
  • Like 2

Im with you. The heck with it. Christmas is way to commercial and overblown these days. If it wasn't for my wife the only Christmas stuff we would do is dinner with the family. No tree, presents, etc.

My kinda Christmas

She's leaving me with a freezer full of healthy choice frozen meals lol

On a side note, if you all want anything from there Lager just pm me, I'll get her to bring it back.  The only thing we usually bring back are a bunch of pearls, so she may be able to stuff some other stuff in the bag for you.

What a generous offer, Sam. But like you, Bonnie (my wife) has family that lives and goes to the Philippines, so we're set. Thanks for the awesome offer, though. 

For those that haven't had Filipino food, you're missing out!

My kinda Christmas

Oh I gotta have my tree :). Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I do hate how commercial it has become but I love Christmas tunes, finding and cutting a tree, buying gifts, etc. I do love getting and giving gifts but it's essential that I remember the gifts are to remind me of the gift that Jesus gave me and all of us. Lights on the other hand.........well they are just too much trouble and if they are outside I can't see em' anyways.  :rofl:

I am still seeing yards full of halloween decorations and I know a few folks who leave those lights up all year round and just plug them up when Christmas rolls around.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year

No way man, hearing that first Christmas song in the stores means that I need to minimize my outings for at least a month because you won't be able to get in and out of a store without getting punched, kicked, stabbed or walked over.  Don't even get me started on the parking lot issues.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is my wife, she would leave up the tree & lights all year around, not because we were too lazy to take them down but because she honestly likes them.  Normally I tell her we can leave them up until whenever, but then as soon as she leaves for work I have to go take them down, box them up and put 'em in storage so she doesn't try to hang them up again when I leave.

No way man, hearing that first Christmas song in the stores means that I need to minimize my outings for at least a month because you won't be able to get in and out of a store without getting punched, kicked, stabbed or walked over.  Don't even get me started on the parking lot issues.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is my wife, she would leave up the tree & lights all year around, not because we were too lazy to take them down but because she honestly likes them.  Normally I tell her we can leave them up until whenever, but then as soon as she leaves for work I have to go take them down, box them up and put 'em in storage so she doesn't try to hang them up again when I leave.

Haha it may just be all the delicious free meals I get to eat. I believe I could live on Chicken/Turkey and dressing. I actually bring my own can of cranberry sauce to gatherings.  :pleased:

Also I do all of my Christmas shopping online or this time in November. I don't want to be in a store around Christmas time.

Edited by maroonandwhite

Tree goes up Thanksgiving night. Lights.... well, depends on how cold it is :)

Same rule every year at my house.

***edit***

And Elf on the Shelf doesn't start for the kids until December.... made the mistake of starting it in November the first year.. you start running out of ideas real quick....

Edited by NoBanStan

Tree goes up Thanksgiving night. Lights.... well, depends on how cold it is :)

Same rule every year at my house.

***edit***

And Elf on the Shelf doesn't start for the kids until December.... made the mistake of starting it in November the first year.. you start running out of ideas real quick....

The elf... yes, coming up with 24 consecutive G-rated ideas can be difficult. 

The elf... yes, coming up with 24 consecutive G-rated ideas can be difficult.

Ive gone so far as running my truck up onto my front sidewalk and sitting him in the drivers seat.

He's fished in my toilet. He drew mustaches on the family that spent the night. He even built a tower out of various objects to swing on my ceiling fan..... stupid elf.
  • Like 1

Same here. I have hung icicle lights around the top edge of the bedroom wall and that seems to keep her happy.

Red and green bulbs for the porch lights- problem solved. In my attempt to not put up lights I have repeatedly stated how much I like those "candles" in the windows and emphasized how great I think it looks compared to a bunch of lights.
I do like to twist lights down my flagpole though. It's easy, looks cool, and lights up my flag.

5 years ago my wife went off the deep end with Christmas decorations. She put up 4 trees...I'm not $hi++in' you **four trees**, plus crap in every window, musical trinkets with lights on both mantles, and worst of all that pine tree looking junk she calls garland wrapped around the bannister, so I can't get a handle on the rail going up and down the stairs.

Oh, it's a grand ol time for her making my house look like Hurricane Santa hit our place. Then she gets lazy after the holiday and doesn't feel like taking it down til March.

My only decoration is a my desert tan tactical battle stocking with added morale patch, knife, survival tools, and since I don't get stocking stuffers any more (apparently I'm too old for toys and too fat for candy), I put a loaded PMag and a spare mag of 9mm HP inside. edit: I promptly take my stocking down and put it away before New Year's Eve
5f54a9e6cff8594bb0d630bd1bb64954.jpg

Edited by BigK