Finally Bought a Shield 9mm

I couldn't stand it any longer. I went and picked up a Shield 9mm this morning. I have put 150 rounds through it with no malfunctions except for 1 brass to the face. It is a new one. The test fire date is 10 of 14. I like the way it feels in my hand. I shot 2 boxes of Blazer and one box of Tula all at around 10-15 yards and I seemed to be landing a couple inches low and left and all over the place. But then I shot a 20 box of Gold Dot and I was dead on. I know there is a big difference in top shelf SD ammo and junky ass Tula but I didn't think it was enough of a balistic difference to change my shooting that much. I am going to do some holster shopping. I believe this gun will see some carry along with my G19. May even find a nice ankle rig and carry as a BUG. Any good recomendations on a good IWB holster?b5310553880d301f810eb74eee818e80.jpg

It's about freaking time!!!

Congratulations. I really like my G19, but then there's the Shield. Both great. Both impressed me from the first shot. Do we really have to choose?

I introduced a guy to my Shield this morning as I sold him  a pistol. It was almost a mistake. LOL 

He like it so much he almost backed out to go looking for one.

Moral...don't show your Shield to someone while selling.

• Like 1
Nice pistols that are indeed excellent shooters, but I rarely have an occasion where I need to carry mine. I always have a glock on my waist or lately my G42 in my pocket. As far as holsters go, I have an Alien Gear iwb and PJ Holster kydex iwb/owb holsters for the Shield. Edited by LINKS2K

I started out with a G19 as my EDC gun ...then I bought a few more G19s ...

Then I bought a Shield 9 ... now I own 2 and carry it more than the G19

I'm a big dude, so my frame doesn't have a problem with the G19, but the shield is so comfortable it's what I go with most of the time. 

... but I'll always be a Glock dude.

I have been looking at the NSR tactical C-4 kydex. James Yeager has kinda turned me on to it in one of his videos. I may try appendix carry with this slim thing. I did just order a Serpa OWB retention holster for winter carry and for the woods/camping etc. Also found some HST 124 grn. in stock on ammunitiondepot.com and have 2 boxes on the way. Edited by glowdotGlock

I carry mine in an A-Holster pocket holster more often than not, but also have a Comp-Tac MTAC for it if I want to carry IWB.

I had thought about getting a pocket holster today but I want to try a couple of them out. I am looking forward to getting it into rotation for those "light" days.
I have not found an ammo that my Should could not handle. While they are hard to come by, the 147gr Rangers may have been it's favorite. After experimenting I have found the best carrying mag is the flush fitting 7 round with a Pearce Extension and the 8 rounder as a backup with the sleeve removed. I could see that sleeve shifting and causing an issue during an emergency reload. Plus, this way I have eight and eight if I can remember to count in an exchange of gunfire.

My next purchase may be a set of Ameriglo Pro iDot N/S. I handled a Shield with them installed and I was impressed.
  • Like 1

I have my 9mm shield as my EDC, My Glock 23 sits in the drawer in my nightstand. Shield sits in the truck when at work, since i cannot carry in the building.( nor would I want to).

I found extra magazines on sale somewhere online at one time but it has been a while so i forget which site was the cheapest. I have bought 2 extra 8 round magazines for my Bug out kit.

Don't use aluminum cartridges for plinking, I had a couple failed ejections last time i went out shooting. Only going to use brass from now on.

As for holsters, I use a "Mad dog" belt mounted holster for mine. Also fits the glock 23 ( and i think most if any glocks out there). Had a Versacarry ( went thru 2 of them) I dropped both of them( separate times) and they broke, so they aren't as durable as a good leather holster.

but after shooting this Shield it kinda makes me want to get a full size M&P 9.

Get one, I bet you won't be sorry. I got the FS 40 shortly after they came out years ago and still am happy with mine. I did add the Apex Tactical stuff a couple of years ago to make it even better.
  • Like 1