2 NYPD officers shot, killed in ambush on cop car

RED333

It is a race issue for black people. It's not for the police.

I have not talked to a single black (or any other minority) that thinks this is a race issue. Not one of them thinks a person (cop or otherwise) is not justified in using force when someone is attacking them or needs to wait to see if a weapon fires when it is pointed at them. But then I'm not talking with thugs that would say anything to tie the hands of Police.
  • Like 1

The mayor is an epic failure (In a free country at least), if there is no recall procedure on the books the people should demand one be put in place, meanwhile the best thing for him to do is step down. That won't happen though, slimeballs of this scale never hold themselves accountable. 

inmo

Yes he is. Liberals are failures everywhere they rule.

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor since 1961

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907

Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and always expecting different results.” Liberals just don't get it.

• Like 1

That's laughable. It's not a racial issue for MOST police. It's definately not a issue for the officers that I know and I don't know any blacks who want to handcuff the police keeping them from performing their duties or protectinging themselves.

Unless you have black family members, not your "black friend or black co-worker" who pay for the sins of non-law abiding blacks there is no way verify your statement. It's just another white guys opinion.

That's laughable. It's not a racial issue for MOST police. It's definately not a issue for the officers that I know and I don't know any blacks who want to handcuff the police keeping them from performing their duties or protectinging themselves.

Unless you have black family members, not your "black friend or black co-worker" who pay for the sins of non-law abiding blacks there is no way verify your statement. It's just another white guys opinion.

Ok. Most Cops hate black people.

End Thread\

What a joke.

I'm really not sure what point your trying to make. Relations between blacks and the police are at a breaking point.  Many inner city blacks hate the police. This is not some theory that I have. It's evident by the protests we've been seeing for months now all over the county.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. Can you please clarify?

When I said it IS a racial issue for blacks I meant exactly that. They feel that they are being discriminated against by the police because of their color. I really don't believe that most cops are trying to discriminate against blacks. Do you?

• Like 1

I'm really not sure what point your trying to make. Relations between blacks and the police are at a breaking point. Many inner city blacks hate the police. This is not some theory that I have. It's evident by the protests we've been seeing for months now all over the county.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post. Can you please clarify?

When I said it IS a racial issue for blacks I meant exactly that. They feel that they are being discriminated against by the police because of their color. I really don't believe that most cops are trying to discriminate against blacks. Do you?

Again, I will say that I DO NOT believe that MOST officers discriminate against blacks. I will say that a white person can't say how black people should FEEL because white people don't have the benefit or misfortune of having lived the black experience. Telling blacks how they should feel about their shared experiences makes no more sense than blacks assuming that all white people are prosperous because of "white privilege". Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
Before anyone goes too far down the "cops in a war zone" nonsense, let's interject a little reality into things. Contrary to what LE like to portray, being a cop isn't an especially dangerous job. It doesn't even make the top 10 most dangerous jobs in this country. The majority of officers who do die on the job aren't killed by criminals but traffic accidents. They have more to worry from their own shitty driving than the citizenry they eye with suspicion. To put things in perspective, I'm a truck driver and I am fully twice as likely to die on the job as a cop.
  • Like 1

Before anyone goes too far down the "cops in a war zone" nonsense, let's interject a little reality into things. Contrary to what LE like to portray, being a cop isn't an especially dangerous job. It doesn't even make the top 10 most dangerous jobs in this country. The majority of officers who do die on the job aren't killed by criminals but traffic accidents. They have more to worry from their own ####ty driving than the citizenry they eye with suspicion. To put things in perspective, I'm a truck driver and I am fully twice as likely to die on the job as a cop.

I know what point you're trying to make but I don't recall many truck drivers being executed simply because people hate you. These cops were executed for no other reason than the fact that they put on the uniform.

I also don't think that a large percentage of the country would be happy seeing truckers gunned down. Cops have a target on their backs at all time, you don't.

I was going to remain on the sidelines since I have already had this conversation over and over on other sites and with co-workers.  But I think we have brought out some issues that are good to discuss.  First, this crap about not living the "black" experience so I/we don't know what they go through.  BS, many blacks haven't lived the "black" experience, so what?  I grew up in a neighborhood were we (Hispanics) were a large part of the population.  With that came the FACT, that Hispanics committed the most crimes.  We were profiled, roughed up and in the case of a few friends shot by the police.  We had a particular officer that we all knew not to cross paths with, his name was Snyder and he would tune you up in a heart beat. And Hispanics have been laboring right next to the blacks throughout US history, so have the Chinese on the railroads, and even some Europeans being indentured servants and all.  All that being said, not once did I ever hear anyone in those circles say they were going to target police officers.  So some of us have lived the "experience" and some still do to this day. 

That was over 30 years ago, and most of the US police force has gotten much better.  Are there a few bad apples, of course but what large group doesn't have that?  If you are a law abiding citizen, 99% of the time you have nothing to worry about if confronted by the police.  Even if they mistake you for a criminal, the situation will be cleared in time.  In the military it is said that even if you are right, once you begin arguing with your NCOs you are now wrong!  Same goes with a police officer, if you become confrontational and resist arrest, you will come out on the losing end. Does that mean I think they can do no wrong, of course not, but that does not give ANYONE the right to target them outright. The way that certain groups are being allowed to call for the killing of police officers without recrimination is sickening, and I tell you what if I ever see a policeman in trouble you bet I will lend my gun to the situation.

• Like 1

Before anyone goes too far down the "cops in a war zone" nonsense, let's interject a little reality into things. Contrary to what LE like to portray, being a cop isn't an especially dangerous job. It doesn't even make the top 10 most dangerous jobs in this country. The majority of officers who do die on the job aren't killed by criminals but traffic accidents. They have more to worry from their own ####ty driving than the citizenry they eye with suspicion. To put things in perspective, I'm a truck driver and I am fully twice as likely to die on the job as a cop.

Have you been a part of any police force? Oh, that's right you drive a truck. I personally have a friend that was a state trooper shot and killed simply because he pulled over a couple of idiots that just happened to be trafficking drugs. Have you ever been shot at for simply driving your truck? Please put on a uniform, then talk this load of crap.

I know you were trying to make a point, but the whole "I'm a truck driver and they're just cops" gist is piss poor at best. Edited by KKing

I was going to remain on the sidelines since I have already had this conversation over and over on other sites and with co-workers.  But I think we have brought out some issues that are good to discuss.  First, this crap about not living the "black" experience so I/we don't know what they go through.  BS, many blacks haven't lived the "black" experience, so what?  I grew up in a neighborhood were we (Hispanics) were a large part of the population.  With that came the FACT, that Hispanics committed the most crimes.  We were profiled, roughed up and in the case of a few friends shot by the police.  We had a particular officer that we all knew not to cross paths with, his name was Snyder and he would tune you up in a heart beat. And Hispanics have been laboring right next to the blacks throughout US history, so have the Chinese on the railroads, and even some Europeans being indentured servants and all.  All that being said, not once did I ever hear anyone in those circles say they were going to target police officers.  So some of us have lived the "experience" and some still do to this day. 

That was over 30 years ago, and most of the US police force has gotten much better.  Are there a few bad apples, of course but what large group doesn't have that?  If you are a law abiding citizen, 99% of the time you have nothing to worry about if confronted by the police.  Even if they mistake you for a criminal, the situation will be cleared in time.  In the military it is said that even if you are right, once you begin arguing with your NCOs you are now wrong!  Same goes with a police officer, if you become confrontational and resist arrest, you will come out on the losing end. Does that mean I think they can do no wrong, of course not, but that does not give ANYONE the right to target them outright. The way that certain groups are being allowed to call for the killing of police officers without recrimination is sickening, and I tell you what if I ever see a policeman in trouble you bet I will lend my gun to the situation.

You can bet if I ever run up on a situation where a police officer is in need of back up that has not arrived yet and his life is in danger I will have his back for as long as possible...............jmho

Now they are going after the cop cars and personal vehicles.

addition to the threats, numerous NYPD vehicles and cops’ personal cars were sabotaged outside Transit District 12 headquarters in The Bronx by someone who removed the lug nuts from the wheels, law enforcement sources said.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/22/copycat-killings-feared-as-threats-continue-to-target-cops/

I think there are some systemic issues with law enforcement in this country. It's not so much that some cops misbehave (that will happen with any profession) but that often, that bad behavior is seen to go unpunished. This is not a racial issue in and of itself.

However, for various reasons, including, for many, a victim mentality, a vocal segment of the black population is choosing to see this as directed at them.

Both are issues that need to have resolutions. Trying to pin down just one thing as the issue is a mistake IMO.

Edited by tnguy

LEO's accept the risks that come with their job when they put on the uniform and collect their check every pay cycle.  Bringing up the dangers they face doesn't change the fact that they are allowed to quit the job anytime they want if they're unable or unwilling to handle that risk.  I hope for their safety on every shift, but I'm not willing to accept any violations of individual rights to mitigate the risk they assume by choice.

I may never have worn a police uniform, but I've worn a uniform and faced danger from those who would want to kill me.  So, excuse me if I laugh when I hear about LEO's, or their representatives who proclaim that they're in a wartime environment.

• Like 5

I may never have worn a police uniform, but I've worn a uniform and faced danger from those who would want to kill me. So, excuse me if I laugh when I hear about LEO's, or their representatives who proclaim that they're in a wartime environment.

I too think that's ridiculous, for the record. Equally as ridiculous though, is to downplay that they face danger at all. Edited by KKing

LEO's accept the risks that come with their job when they put on the uniform and collect their check every pay cycle.  Bringing up the dangers they face doesn't change the fact that they are allowed to quit the job anytime they want if they're unable or unwilling to handle that risk.  I hope for their safety on every shift, but I'm not willing to accept any violations of individual rights to mitigate the risk they assume by choice.

I may never have worn a police uniform, but I've worn a uniform and faced danger from those who would want to kill me.  So, excuse me if I laugh when I hear about LEO's, or their representatives who proclaim that they're in a wartime environment.

I don't think anyone is saying you have to give up any rights, and yes, they are volunteers but that does not mean they have to put up this sort of garbage.  Yes, I too wore the uniform and dealt with people that wanted nothing better than to see me dead.  That aside, I can sympathize for these officers and can give them the point that though they may not be worse off than I was as a soldier but they also do not have the luxury of being able to call in airstrikes or have a full squad of police to watch each other while on patrol. That's like saying that firemen do not have a dangerous job because they are volunteers, some without pay.

• Moderators

I know what point you're trying to make but I don't recall many truck drivers being executed simply because people hate you. These cops were executed for no other reason than the fact that they put on the uniform.

I also don't think that a large percentage of the country would be happy seeing truckers gunned down. Cops have a target on their backs at all time, you don't.

Yes, those sorts of things do happen, but the point is they happen very rarely. They don't happen anywhere near enough to justify the "I'm in a war zone" mentality that leads to far more deaths of citizens than cops.

Have you been a part of any police force? Oh, that's right you drive a truck. I personally have a friend that was a state trooper shot and killed simply because he pulled over a couple of idiots that just happened to be trafficking drugs. Have you ever been shot at for simply driving your truck? Please put on a uniform, then talk this load of crap.

I know you were trying to make a point, but the whole "I'm a truck driver and they're just cops" gist is piss poor at best.

Sorry about your friend, but I would be questioning the policies that created the situation that got him killed.

The point I was making that you seemed to miss is that I don't think my job is especially dangerous. (In fact, I think there is more danger to the folks in 4 wheelers around me than to me personally.) Yet according to the data, my job is twice as likely to result in a work related fatality. Combined with the fact that the majority officer deaths on the job are due to traffic accidents and not homicide and the reality of the situation is pretty clear. Policing in this country is not an especially dangerous job. Does it have dangers? Yeah. Plenty, but not more than many other jobs that folks don't consider to be especially dangerous in nature. One can pull anecdotes and emotional arguments out of their ass all day long but the data doesn't lie.
  • Like 3