Real Snow

btq96r

As you have probably seen in the news, the Northeast, with the Boston area in particular, has been absolutely drop-kicked this year by snow.  This is a picture of what it looks like outside my cousins  house.  She lives just outside of Boston.  My other cousin (her brother) came up from Connecticut to help clear out what they can before another foot of snow expected tonight comes in.

So when middle Tennessee get's those measly 3-5" predicted in a few days, view this and save your bitching. ;)

textsecure-2015-02-14-133830_zpsfd0s9oqo

I'm looking forward to it, I actually hope they under-estimated it!  :rock:

Haha, same here.  Both so I can enjoy how people react, and because I think the kids deserve some fun in the winter, not just the cold temperatures. 

Snow days were awesome for me growing up.  I remember waking up, going to the window and loving the sight of my yard being covered in snow.  After shoveling the sidewalk, and sometimes making a few bucks doing it for others, my friends and I would trudge to the park and play full tackle football since we had jackets for pads and snow for soft landings.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

I'm fine with snow but but I'd rather be on my day off because every idiot crashes as soons as one flake falls from the sky. I still remember one time a few years back it snowed and the bridge between madison and old hickory was solid ice and some genius hit it doing about 50 mph. He set off a pinball effect and hit like 4 cars. When I explained bridges the whole bridges ice up faster concept he looked at me like I was speaking German.

That's one of many reasons I don't live any farther north. When the water on the lake turns hard, you my friend have ventured too far into never never land!! I hope all the liberal dem's are enjoying their global warming. And yes I know they changed it to global climate change, I hope they freeze their arses off each and every shovel full. It just makes me feel warm inside when I see about 10 foot of this white stuff blanketing NY, Conn, Mass, and the rest of the liberal N.E. sorry for the rant!! Btw I have lived in Illinois and Michigan and have shoveled my fair share of snow, but no mo!!

Edited by Dirtshooter
  • Like 1

As you have probably seen in the news, the Northeast, with the Boston area in particular, has been absolutely drop-kicked this year by snow.  This is a picture of what it looks like outside my cousins  house.  She lives just outside of Boston.  My other cousin (her brother) came up from Connecticut to help clear out what they can before another foot of snow expected tonight comes in.

So when middle Tennessee get's those measly 3-5" predicted in a few days, view this and save your bitching. ;)

textsecure-2015-02-14-133830_zpsfd0s9oqo

Those people live in Boston by choice.  We live in Tennessee by choice.  They have snowblowers, we don't.  I don't feel sorry for them

• Like 2

That's one of many reasons I don't live any farther north. When the water on the lake turns hard, you my friend have ventured too far into never never land!! I hope all the liberal dem's are enjoying their global warming. And yes I know they changed it to global climate change, I hope they freeze their arses off each and every shovel full. It just makes me feel warm inside when I see about 10 foot of this white stuff blanketing NY, Conn, Mass, and the rest of the liberal N.E. sorr for the rant!! Btw I have lived in Illinois and Michigan and have shoveled my fair share of snow, but no mo!!

Amen, bro.  30 years in Michigan and 23 years in Northern WV.  I've had enough snow for a lifetime.  I've shoveled and blown that much snow many times.  Screw 'em!

David, did you make that meme, or was it already somewhere?  That's the way I roll my eyes when the news makes the lead story the weather and people go out and buy a weeks worth of supplies to tide them over...all because of a 3" dusting that is inbound. :)

Screw this! I'm heading back to Florida for another couple months.

My aunt and uncle are moving to Florida this summer since my Uncle's mother and brother passed away in the last year.  Needless to say, they aren't exactly thrilled that their last winter in Mass was this bad and are looking forward to next years in retirement land.

Those people live in Boston by choice.  We live in Tennessee by choice.  They have snowblowers, we don't.  I don't feel sorry for them

Not everybody can just pack up and move to greener pastures.  Money reasons, not wanting to leave family, or loose a steady job....plenty of reasons to stay put and put up with it all.

Not everybody can just pack up and move to greener pastures.  Money reasons, not wanting to leave family, or loose a steady job....plenty of reasons to stay put and put up with it all.

Everyone can pack up and move!  It's still a CHOICE!  They're not victims!  More money is a choice, family is a choice, steady job is a choice!  I didn't stay in Michigan for the snow, I stayed for the money.   I didn't stay in WV for family, I left for money.  It was my choice, and I chose money.  It was the right choice for me - I wasn't a victim.  

Now I'm in Tennessee, and I have less money,no family in the state, no job, and I love it!  Still don't feel like a victim.  I'm here as a result of my choices.

• Like 5

Everyone can pack up and move!  It's still a CHOICE!  They're not victims!  More money is a choice, family is a choice, steady job is a choice!  I didn't stay in Michigan for the snow, I stayed for the money.   I didn't stay in WV for family, I left for money.  It was my choice, and I chose money.  It was the right choice for me - I wasn't a victim.  

Now I'm in Tennessee, and I have less money,no family in the state, no job, and I love it!  Still don't feel like a victim.  I'm here as a result of my choices.

All I'm saying is sometimes circumstance or family commitments make the choice for you, and then it's not much of a choice at all.  Certainly not what I would call a choice.  My Uncle would have been wearing t-shirts during the winter in Florida a few years ago, but he wasn't about to leave his Mother and brother alone and in bad health.

Oooh, snow. A measly 3-5 inches? I'm hoping they underestimated it as well. But unless they call off work on monday, it's gonna suck heading into work with all the rest of the idiots out there that don't know how to drive, much less in the supposed snow.

I'm just glad I have a 4x4 and i'm always prepared for the cold weather. If work is called off( which I highly doubt that will happen), I'll be out in it either having fun or getting those unfortunate to get stuck, get un stuck.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

I grew up far enough north of here that we actually got "real snow" back in the 70s and 80s, and bad enough snow in the 90s that folks down here would have had a conniption.  I'll never forget the winter of '95 or '96 (can't really remember which) when all I had to drive were my work van and my '93 Z28.  I took the Z out because it at least had enough weight to make it around.  :lol:

I grew up far enough north of here that we actually got "real snow" back in the 70s and 80s, and bad enough snow in the 90s that folks down here would have had a conniption.  I'll never forget the winter of '95 or '96 (can't really remember which) when all I had to drive were my work van and my '93 Z28.  I took the Z out because it at least had enough weight to make it around.  :lol:

I had a blast during that storm! Me and a buddy jumped in my K5, 39.5 TSL'S with about 15 lbs of air in the tires and a couple chains threw in the floorboard. We drove around pulling people back on the road all day long, chaw of Red Man in, Willie Nelson on the radio, and never charged or took a dime for our help. That was a FUN couple of days. Sam Ridley exit kept us busy for hours lol
  • Like 1

Whatever snow stories anybody has, my father will top them with one from the Blizzard of '78.  I joke with him that I'm going to include "Survived the Blizzard of '78" into his eulogy when the time comes.  That's how often he mentions it.

Edited by btq96r
  • Administrator

Whatever snow stories anybody has, my father will top them with one from the Blizzard of '78.  I joke with him that I'm going to include "Survived the Blizzard of '78" into his eulogy when the time comes.  That's how often he mentions it.

Yeah I've got a buddy who was born and raised around Boston and he mentions that one frequently.  I made the "My face when..." meme for him actually.

• Administrator

...it makes it look pretty outside. And the stillness of it.. its just so quiet!

I think that's it for for me, really.  The stillness and the quiet.  Nothing beats a walk in the snow early in the morning before anyone else is out and about.  Snow tends to put things on "pause" as it were.

I like that.

• Like 1