torn

john455

I am torn, for Valentines day my wonderful wife of 26 yrs gave me $700 to go buy a new gun :woohoo:  :woohoo:  I have been planning on getting a Glock 21 but I have also been wanting a S&W Bodyguard with Laser and a wallet holster for CC this summer when it will be hard to carry my .357  concealed.  I already have most of the money saved in my mad money account to buy the 21 so if you were in my place witch way would you go here?

I don't know much about that particular CZ but I'm a big fan of the CZ brand. 

What are you intending to use the CZ or G21 for? Do you just want some range fun? I just shot my Gen4 21 today and it's a sweet gun. It's been 100% reliable too. That being said, it's BIG. Really big. I use it for nightstand duty and it's a beast of a gun.

If you just want something that will be fun at the range I'd go with the CZ. It will probably be more accurate and fun to shoot. If you want a "go to war" .45 then I'd get the G21. 

But still, skip the bodyguard. I've never heard anyone say they love theirs.

Yeah pretty much just want a fun to shoot range gun in the .45, I was saving up for a nice new purchase then the wife surprised me with the $700 and put me into a tail spin lol every gun I've purchased so far except for my Canik55 (got it for $100 at a going out of business sale) I researched and knew exactly what I wanted before I went to buy it and I  thought I would have a few more weeks to decide. I just got all excited when she gave me the money and said go get a new gun honey, I feel like a kid before Christmas lol.

Yeah I guess I need to slow down lol, you see my wife and I raised 4  children and even tho I always had a gun or two for home protection until very recently I had the guns I could afford not necessarily the guns I wanted so being able to save for a few week/months and actually go buy the gun I want to own is a pretty new concept for me and I still get the torn up excited feeling everytime I get the cash together for a nice I WANT IT gun lol Sorry if I am being scatter brained about it I'm gonna give it a week or so and see where I land :rofl:  :rofl:

My recommendations are both from the same manufacture...http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_1815/products_id/54585/Ruger+LCP+3701+6%2B1+380ACP+2.75%22

and...http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_49_1815/products_id/84871/Ruger+3801+SR45+10%2B1+45ACP+4.5%22

The LCP is a first class pocket pistol and I've had enough pocket pistols to have learned about them.

The SR 45 has better ergonomics in my hands then the G-21 or M&P 45 full sized pistols. Its also more reliable and accurate then people give it credit for. Additionally its trigger and striker fired set up is very Glock like but not the ugly only a Mother could love...<grin>

money in hand---buy, buy, buy!!

But really--think "wait, wait, wait."

I've bought/sold/traded a lot of guns. The ones bought on impulse rarely stay around.

If you want it, and its a common gun like the ones you have mentioned, sit on the idea for a week. They are making G21's everyday.

• Like 1

LOTS... and I do mean lots of great ideas being thrown at you here.

May I also recommend waiting and looking around for a while as well?

But...and here it comes, my thoughts as well.

1 I really like my Ruger LCP with a CT Laser on it, but the Shield is a much better pistol in terms of firepower and ease of shooting. Discounting the CT Grip I put on mine years ago, the Shields  are in the 375-400 range, and the LCRs roughly 300 now(?). I haven't priced one lately. A better all round gun even if slightly more expensive.

2 As far as a 45 for home and/or range use, the SR45 mentioned is a great gun. One of the softest shooting 45acp pistols I've ever owned. I don't shoot mine a lot, but it is one I don't really care to sell or trade unless I really have to.

And the M&P 45c is another really good choice. In fact, if you were closer, I'd try to sell you mine. lol I've never shot it.  Bought it on impulse and really don't regret it. But just don't need it.

A very good pistol, but an extra for me.

Now...that CZ 97B. Awesome. Great. Stupendous. Accurate. Fun. Big. Chunky. Heavy. Great house or range gun for me.

Not so much for my carry tastes. Will I try for one someday? Yes. I have a 75 and it is awesome.

But for you...slow down. Look around. Find what works for you in terms of carry/edc. Is it going to be a house and or range toy? Decide on a caliber.

Guns sharing the same caliber is not a bad idea. But...a 9 and a 45. Best of both worlds for me. Maybe not so for you.

Good luck. And have fun searching!

Edited by hipower

I'm kinda in the same boat. Birthday was yesterday and wife asked if there's a gun I want. There's things I'd like but kinda in a mindset to pay off debt instead.

1+ on this thought

There is a lot I want, BUT thinking of what I need changes most thoughts. My wife is a big fan of Dave Ramsey and we have been living his program for Five years now. We are dept free and it is a good feeling. Most of our money goes towards retirement. Kinda hurts the gun budget but will be nice to retire at age 60 and not have to rely on the government for money. One of the big things Dave says, when you think you need something. wait 24 hours before buying. Makes sure what you want is what you need.

BTW Super nice jesture on your wife's part.

We are pretty much debt free, the only bill we have besides the normal lights and cable/internet is $375 house payment for 6 more years, and now all of our kids are grown and doing well except our 4 yr old we adopted, so for the first time since we have been married we have money for stuff we want instead of just what we need. We have done a bunch of house remodeling in the past year so we are pretty much done there, so it's time for a few "I just want that" purchases, believe me we are both very tight with our money so nothing to extravagate but a few things that we both just want not need lol

We are pretty much debt free, the only bill we have besides the normal lights and cable/internet is $375 house payment for 6 more years, and now all of our kids are grown and doing well except our 4 yr old we adopted, so for the first time since we have been married we have money for stuff we want instead of just what we need. We have done a bunch of house remodeling in the past year so we are pretty much done there, so it's time for a few "I just want that" purchases, believe me we are both very tight with our money so nothing to extravagate but a few things that we both just want not need lol

WoW, not many people now a days can say that, Congratulations
With that said I would echo what others have said, save a little more and get 2 pistols and again stray away from the body guard

Ok after reading ALOT of reviews and alot of internet drooling lol I have narrowed my choice of .45s down to the M&P and the Glock 30, I planned on going to Buds today and seeing if I could rent one of each and after putting some rounds  down range making a purchase BUTTTT Mother Nature decided to crap all over my day of fun target shooting, so as soon as it clears up I will be heading to Buds for some side by side comparing and will post what I finally purchase.

THANKS FOR ALL THE IMPUT!!!!!!