Addictive Foods/Snacks

hipower

My "I cant stop eating" items are mandu (Korean stuffed dumplings) and lumpia (Filipino version of an egg roll). When ever I make either I am miserable that evening.

Sounds interesting. Better than chicken guts anyway.

Sounds interesting. Better than chicken guts anyway.

Both are a pain to make, so when I do make them I make as many as I can to freeze and keep on hand. The lumpia takes the correct wrappers to make them properly, as I was taught by my buddies Filipina wife, to make. I get them in Chattanooga. The mandu on the other hand I make the wrappers and the stuffing. So that turns into a very long day in the kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

Both are a pain to make, so when I do make them I make as many as I can to freeze and keep on hand. The lumpia takes the correct wrappers to make them properly, as I was taught by my buddies Filipina wife, to make. I get them in Chattanooga. The mandu on the other hand I make the wrappers and the stuffing. So that turns into a very long day in the kitchen.

What time is dinner? Sounds great!

Dinner is long past, buddy. My latest attempt has be Korean BBQ chicken. Some times called dak qui or dak gogi. I have tried for 10 years to get that one correct and I am about 90% there. However the gochujang that I got last Fall in Ohio is all gone. I need to find some locally. With that said I have mastered bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) and we have a few times a year. You want a heads up next time I make it?

• Like 3

Both are a pain to make, so when I do make them I make as many as I can to freeze and keep on hand. The lumpia takes the correct wrappers to make them properly, as I was taught by my buddies Filipina wife, to make. I get them in Chattanooga. The mandu on the other hand I make the wrappers and the stuffing. So that turns into a very long day in the kitchen.

Now that's what I'm talking about !!

I'd love to learn how to make both of those !!

I spend more time in the kitchen than anywhere else in the house,lmao.

Dinner is long past, buddy. My latest attempt has be Korean BBQ chicken. Some times called dak qui or dak gogi. I have tried for 10 years to get that one correct and I am about 90% there. However the gochujang that I got last Fall in Ohio is all gone. I need to find some locally. With that said I have mastered bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) and we have a few times a year. You want a heads up next time I make it?

My sister makes a mean bulgogi! I didn't know how to spell it, only say it and eat it. As her dedicated recipe taster for many years I can safely say the most important thing to do to get it just right is to lightly freeze the beef before slicing. with it frozen just enough to be firm you can get super thin slices that really make it a great dish IMO. She'll cook it with larger pieces if she makes it by request and most of my family seem to like that fine, but I think sliced thin is the way to go. 

• Like 1

Crisco from the can. Life is too short as it is. Once in a while I'll treat myself to some in Butter flavor :yum:

Rofl.

Sad part is, throw in some high fructose and imitation vanilla and you got a tub of "frosting"
  • Like 1

Mountain Dew is my last vice. Quit smoking, rarely drink alcohol (substituted w/ MD) and don't gamble with the milk money.

Current snack is Snyder Pretzel pieces, cheddar cheese, $3.69 for the broken pretzels they can't sell...

When "real sugar" becomes a selling point, one has to ask WTF ?!?!?!

• Like 1