My new Glock 43

pops572

GT's price for public market is $449 which is only $25 +\- the avg price of $429 that the G-42 was selling for. Since its new some dealers will ask high then the fad will cease the dust will settle and then we shall see the basic selling price.
I hope I will not be disappointed with one when it arrives. I sure do enjoy the 42.
Heck I might even buy a shield since I see so many used fer sale now but sure remember when those were selling real high !

I do my best to avoid the gougers which I remember well, either at the gun shows or local gun shops when referring friends and family
That want to shop and buy firearms and assesories.

Mike
Bought one yesterday. It feels tiny compared to my other Glocks. For those who think they are the same size as a 26 you better get one in hand and re-think that opinion. The 26 is much blockier and heavier than the 43.

The 43 is going to be an awesome carry pistol in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Bought one yesterday. It feels tiny compared to my other Glocks. For those who think they are the same size as a 26 you better get one in hand and re-think that opinion. The 26 is much blockier and heavier than the 43.The 43 is going to be an awesome carry pistol in my opinion.

I agree, but the expert gun fighters are concerned about a lack of capacity and which pistol the 43 will replace. I'm simply going to enjoy this little gem. I've found that the 43 will fit every Shield holster that I already own. Might save you some money if you already own a Shield.

I agree, but the expert gun fighters are concerned about a lack of capacity and which pistol the 43 will replace. I'm simply going to enjoy this little gem. I've found that the 43 will fit every Shield holster that I already own. Might save you some money if you already own a Shield.

I can't help but wonder how many Shield owners will ditch the Shield for the G43? Think you'll keep them both? I had one (Shield) but felt it was sort of an in-betweener. Too big for pocket carry and on the belt it didn't provide as many rounds as slightly larger pistols which were just as easy to carry. Of course they both have the capacity advantage over the old war horse 5 shot revolver most of us have carried at one time or another, plus most folks think 9mm is a little better self defense caliber than .38 special. I must admit all the positive reviews have me curious.

You are correct, the Shield does feel like a tweener. I won't be getting rid of my Shield because my wife really likes it. I'm a Glock guy, so I like the idea of the Glock single stack 9mm. I'm not as concerned about capacity as I am about having a very small, thin pistol that I like and can easily conceal. It's all situational. During the time that I've had the Shield, is seen range time, an occasional visit to the doctors office, yard work and regular walks to the mail box. When I got the 42, it took over the duties of the Shield. Now that I have the thinner 43 in 9mm, it will be taking over those limited duties. My daily carry will remain a 19 or 30.
  • Like 1

Are any of you guys/gals noticing that the trigger pull of the 43 feels a lot heavier than the rest of the other Glocks ?
When I dry-fired one at he NRA meeting , it was WWWAAAYYYYYY heavier than the other GLocks.

Yes, but people who claim to have fired far more rounds than me report that the trigger pull lightens up significantly after time. Lots of threads on the other site about the 43.

Are any of you guys/gals noticing that the trigger pull of the 43 feels a lot heavier than the rest of the other Glocks ?

When I dry-fired one at he NRA meeting , it was WWWAAAYYYYYY heavier than the other GLocks.

Yep. I noticed it too.

And I've managed to get hands on a 43 in 2 other shops as well. No real difference that I could tell in the trigger pull on them either.

In fact, that was my first impression of the G43; that it had a very much heavier trigger.

Took the 43 to the range over the weekend. My daughter put about 175 rounds thru it (I bought it for her) and I put about 25 thru it. It ran perfect. She loves it and was shooting it better than she has been shooting the 17 and 34. It seemed very accurate for me as well. Its a keeper for sure. The trigger seemed a little tighter than the 19 I was shooting but nothing that will be an issue for a carry pistol. I have a 17L with a Vanek trigger kit in it that is sweet shooting targets but I don't think I would want that trigger pull in the 43 for carrying. Edited by rbishop

If you love it, great. If you hate it, great. To each their own.

Back in '86, Glock led the pack with a polymer gun that EVERYONE eventually copied.

Here in '15, Glock trails the pack, doing something that's already been done by everyone.

Had they been first again, it would be something to crow about. Now... well, :snore:

• Like 1

If you love it, great. If you hate it, great. To each their own.

Back in '86, Glock led the pack with a polymer gun that EVERYONE eventually copied.

Here in '15, Glock trails the pack, doing something that's already been done by everyone.

Had they been first again, it would be something to crow about. Now... well, :snore:

That's odd coming from you. Didn't you brag about a PPQ, a gun that came out 25 years later than a Glock? Haters gonna hate.

That's odd coming from you. Didn't you brag about a PPQ, a gun that came out 25 years later than a Glock? Haters gonna hate.

Steelharp in no way indicated any "hate" towards Glock, nor the G43. Where do you get that idea. He simply stated that some will and some won't like it.
  • Like 1

Steelharp in no way indicated any "hate" towards Glock, nor the G43. Where do you get that idea. He simply stated that some will and some won't like it.

Concur. I vividly remember the first H&K polymer framed pistols and then along came the G-17. No it wasn't perfect nor are the subsequent iterations but functionality has nothing to do with perfection. Gaston and his company choose to produce the G-43 a bit late in the game which simply put "is what it is". I believe they will sell well enough to be marketable and also believe some people will love everything about them and others despise them. As for myself I am in no hurry to purchase one yet but time will tell. 

I like my 43. Better late than never. It is what it is.

And that's all that matters in this equation, that the end user, who shelled out their own money to buy the pistol like it. A happy end purchaser will buy another gun from the manufacture or recommend the product to others. Its always been that way and I wouldn't have it otherwise. 

• Like 2

Perhaps hate is a strong word as I'm typically a fan of his posts. However, what would you call it when someone posts that the purchase is a snore on the same thread when the OP wanted to share his joy of it? I wouldn't call it love.

Perhaps hate is a strong word as I'm typically a fan of his posts. However, what would you call it when someone posts that the purchase is a snore on the same thread when the OP wanted to share his joy of it? I wouldn't call it love.

Context can be subjective but being truthful in saying a particular model gun fails to excite you is simply expressing that. Striker fired plastic pistols aren't the tools of machine wonderment such as a Browning High Power, German Lugar or SIG 210, instead they are functional tool like pistols. In looks and handling they tend to blur and become boring, even the newest of the new. Early 20th century Colt & S&W fixed sight revolvers were equally boring prior to the 1960's. They too were looked upon more as everyday tools and were everyday items. Now of course we look upon those old revolvers in wonderment, or at least I do. But what we now have with the Shield and 43 are very lightweight near pocket-sized that are technical marvels and still a bit boring.  

• Like 2