Cinnamon flavored Jack Daniel's?

Raoul

I don't get the sudden craze in cinnamon flavored sugary booze. They've existed at least since I was a kid and lord know cinnamon schnapps outdates anyone here, but it really does seem like they are getting heavily marketed just now. I couldn't agree more, I think the stuff is gross. It was fine when it was just stuff like schnapps, goldsclagger, and aftershock, but now they are dragging poor defenseless, quality intoxicants into the mix and thats just not right. Poor batch of JD never had a choice, and it never had a chance :(

• Like 2
It happened because fireball absolutely blew up on the alcohol market and I'm sure part of it is because it's cheap.

My whiskey of choice is Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select and my buddy had me try his Fireball, and that shit is rough. I'm not a fan of flavored whiskey at all.

Jack Fire is way better than Fireball. But, they're all too sugary for me.

It's all the rage downtown and in clubs everywhere. The young folk drink it like it's water.

Overall what it looks like to me is an attempt to get drunk off your azz as quickly as one can with these flavored shots.... As I've aged my preferance has grown to micro brews, and spicy bloody mary....

there is lots of  this stuff in the market.  Jim Beam has one now too.  All of them jump on the bandwagon trying to get their piece of the pie.

Fireball style products have put a whoopin on Jaegermeister sales.

Customers definitely have a preference and are loyal to the brand they chose.  If they like Fireball they don't like the JD stuff and visa versa.

I am fairly sure there is very little of Old #7 in them bottles.  Nasty stuff that it is anyway.

Fireball is definitely the sales leader.

forgot to mention the Moonshine distillers are starting to come out with it too.

The only flavored shine I've liked enough thus far has been Lemon Drop and Blackberry.... Those get thrown in the cooler when we are taking the toon out on the lake on hot summer days...

While I wouldn't purchase it I wouldn't turn down a free sample but FWIW I wasn't impressed with Fireball and some of the other flavored whiskey or legal moonshine it tried. But I've meet others who loved the stuff so I guess it's personal preference.

I only like two brands of Jack Daniels. Old #7 Black and Gentlemen Jack. They can keep all these candy coated junk. If I want a fruit drink of alcohol I will pour a glass of good Black Berry Brandy to sip on in the evenings..............jmho

• Like 1

I had a bad experience with Goldschlager once.  I'd guess the smell of this alone would make me gag. 

My wife liked the JD Honey, I thought it was ok though if honey is what you're after, I'd just drink mead.

This is NOTHING like the Gold Death. I hate that stuff.

From what I was told by a rep at a tasting of the JD Fire ... if you take JD and a box of red hots, mix the two together, let them sit for a week or so, you'll have a close enough version of JD Fire ... 

I don't mind the JD Fire ... when someone else purchases it. 

For that matter, I don't mind a lot of things when someone else purchases it ...