Snakes

I ran across these today while weed eating my tree line. This is two snakes wrapped up together. I thought they were dead. Then they gave me a disgusted look and crawled away. What do you think they were doing????  :yum:

• Like 2

I'm glad you took a picture rather than ignorantly shoot them (which btw is illegal). Good for you!

As you can tell from my avatar and screen name, I'm VERY pro snake.

Shhh, dont say that. Now we will have anti snakers popping up everywhere.

I'm glad you took a picture rather than ignorantly shoot them (which btw is illegal). Good for you!

Killing snakes is so ignorant.  I work with a guy that kills every snake and every hawk he sees because he's afraid they are going to kill his precious chickens.  I would love to see him get caught especially for the hawks.  How many chicken eggs does one have to sale to cover those legal fees?

• Like 1

Snakes can be very educational. Once when I was deer hunting out west I had a huge Western Diamondback teach me how to fly......and I hovered like a sonofagun too!!

LMAO. Had a Copper Head teach me how to fly. We we're called out to a plane crash in SW VA in the mountains. It wasn't IF you saw a snake it was how many
  • Like 1

Me too. I have a Ghost stripe corn snake. What's the XJ for. You a Jeep guy?

Yeah, and those darned Copperheads are hard as the devil to see, too. 

They may be hard to see but if your nose works well you can smell them. If your walking in woods or anyplace a snake may be and you smell cucumbers and there are is cucumber patch around you can bet a Copperhead is................... :up:

Back many moons ago as a kid growing up on a large ranch we saw many things city folks missed out on. I got to see a Black Racer in action and had lock horns with a large Copperhead out beside the smoke house the whole incident lasted about 20 minutes but the Black Snake came out victorious and ate the Copperhead. I didn't hang around for that part but an hour later that big black snake had crawled right up in shade of edge of smoke house and laid there till almost dark before moving on. It was very interested. 

• Like 1

Shooting snakes is ignorant. Especially when there are commercially available flamethrowers. Even better if you have an FEL and a few sticks of dynamite handy.

:jester:

Edited by Ted S.
  • Like 3
I know snakes have a very important role to play and I would NOT wanna deal with the rat and mice problem were all snakes to vanish.......but the only good snake is a dead snake. I may not be "scared" of them but I hate the dam things.
One good thing about snakes, they actively avoid humans, noise and high traffic areas. I'm with snakes like I am most other things in life I hate, stay away from me and I'll stay away from you. Peace through defined boundaries. Edited by Caster
  • Like 3
yup one was trying to park the Cadillac in the garage and the event went to heck, nothing like a snake to make a bunch of growed men screech like a little girl, I can attest to the last time a tarantula crossed my path on our back door in so cal, I must have jumped three feet in the air and yelled like a little kid, terrible thing just terrible.