New iTunes blows

Anyone having issues with the newest version of iTunes?
Anyone remeber way back when Apple was easy to use?

I can't understand what they were thinking. The older versions were SO user friendly. The new one has no side bar. I can't even get my phone to play more than one album by the same artist unless I make a playlist containing all the songs I want.
One would think as time passes by, in would get simpler and easier to use. Ohhh nay nay!
  • Moderators

I can't understand what they were thinking. The older versions were SO user friendly. The new one has no side bar. I can't even get my phone to play more than one album by the same artist unless I make a playlist containing all the songs I want.
One would think as time passes by, in would get simpler and easier to use. Ohhh nay nay!

Click Music. Click "My Music". Select Artist. Where it shows the multiple albums, click the three little dots on the top pane to the far right. There you can play the entire artist selection or add it to "Up Next" basically meaning your play queue.

Or you can simply click the three little dots on your artists page where it shows the artists name.

XTkMwY2.png

BUphluG.png

P8bBi72.png

zkpsOfz.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe you're right, but all this stuff used to work. Ohh sure, it used to take ten minutes to download an email too but I've had Internet service in one form or another since 1993-94 and I don't ever recall operating systems struggling to function like they do now. I think they try to make it do too much and for what? There's a million functions on the new iMac i bought, most of which is cråp for people who are easily amused.

I'm not a points and carburetor kinda guy, I love fuel injection, it works so much better, I just don't understand why you cannot get basic things anymore. Every phone has to have 10 million gimmicks for children. I just want a damn phone.
I guess there's no market for solid dependable things that just do their job and aren't cluttered by inane silliness.
Thanks CZ, I appreciate you posting that.

...but why so many clicks? The last iteration of iTunes and my old style iPod you just press play for an artist and off it goes. When one album is done, on to the next.

.....and how stupid is this? Paragraphs worth posts by me, for what? Music. Whoopedy doo.
Wish I had been born 1877 instead of 1977. They had guns and beer then too.

Yall probably wish I'd been born then too huh? :) Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Thanks CZ, I appreciate you posting that.

...but why so many clicks? The last iteration of iTunes and my old style iPod you just press play for an artist and off it goes. When one album is done, on to the next.

.....and how stupid is this? Paragraphs worth posts by me, for what? Music. Whoopedy doo.
Wish I had been born 1877 instead of 1977. They had guns and beer then too.

Yall probably wish I'd been born then too huh? :)

I also feel I was born in the wrong era haha.

Try finding shuffle all on there. They hid that too. I had to get online to find it.

The part I hate the most is they did away with the "Shuffle All" at the top of your song list. That is how I generally listen to music. Now I have to tell Siri to do it. And if I don't have an Internet connection, I guess it's, "Screw you, El Conquistador." (My phone calls me El Conquistador.)

• Like 2

I hate Apple, in general, because they lock everything down so much.  With my Android phone I can purchase/download music from Google Play or Amazon Music (which is my preference.)  From the Amazon Music Store, music I purchase goes into their Cloud where I can access it from any device that has Internet service simply by logging in and I can also download that music to my phone, pad, desktop, laptop or wherever I want and as many devices as I want and it is very easy to do.  I haven't done it, yet, but I'm guessing I could also burn the music to physical CDs to play in my vehicles as they don't have blue-tooth or auxilary plug-in ports on the stereos.  I got an iPod waaaay back when the video iPod first came out and they were just about the only game in town but have never liked how restrictive Apple is.. I have a program on my computer that basically hacks the iPod to allow me to more easily move/add/remove music just like I can with pretty much any, other MP3 player that doesn't have to be hacked to work properly.  I use it to manage the files on the iPod without using their stupid, restrictive Apple software and jumping through all the Jobsian hoops that Apple tries to require.  Even so, I honestly haven't even used my iPod in nearly a year.  I haven't used iTunes in probably five years or more and it might actually be closer to ten.  I just stopped downloading music and went back to buying CDs and loading them on to the iPod until I recently got onto Amazon Music.

Edited by JAB
  • Moderators

I hate Apple, in general, because they lock everything down so much. With my Android phone I can purchase/download music from Google Play or Amazon Music (which is my preference.) From the Amazon Music Store, music I purchase goes into their Cloud where I can access it from any device that has Internet service simply by logging in and I can also download that music to my phone, pad, desktop, laptop or wherever I want and as many devices as I want and it is very easy to do. I haven't done it, yet, but I'm guessing I could also burn the music to physical CDs to play in my vehicles as they don't have blue-tooth or auxilary plug-in ports on the stereos. I got an iPod waaaay back when the video iPod first came out and they were just about the only game in town but have never liked how restrictive Apple is.. I have a program on my computer that basically hacks the iPod to allow me to more easily move/add/remove music just like I can with pretty much any, other MP3 player that doesn't have to be hacked to work properly. I use it to manage the files on the iPod without using their stupid, restrictive Apple software and jumping through all the Jobsian hoops that Apple tries to require. Even so, I honestly haven't even used my iPod in nearly a year. I haven't used iTunes in probably five years or more and it might actually be closer to ten. I just stopped downloading music and went back to buying CDs and loading them on to the iPod until I recently got onto Amazon Music.

So on iOS you can use Google, Amazon, or iTunes. Buy music from Apple, burn to CD, whatever. It is DRM free.

What iPod do you have? I'll send you a prepaid shipping label if you want;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM

I hate Apple, in general, because they lock everything down so much.  With my Android phone I can purchase/download music from Google Play or Amazon Music (which is my preference.)  From the Amazon Music Store, music I purchase goes into their Cloud where I can access it from any device that has Internet service simply by logging in and I can also download that music to my phone, pad, desktop, laptop or wherever I want and as many devices as I want and it is very easy to do.  I haven't done it, yet, but I'm guessing I could also burn the music to physical CDs to play in my vehicles as they don't have blue-tooth or auxilary plug-in ports on the stereos.  I got an iPod waaaay back when the video iPod first came out and they were just about the only game in town but have never liked how restrictive Apple is.. I have a program on my computer that basically hacks the iPod to allow me to more easily move/add/remove music just like I can with pretty much any, other MP3 player that doesn't have to be hacked to work properly.  I use it to manage the files on the iPod without using their stupid, restrictive Apple software and jumping through all the Jobsian hoops that Apple tries to require.  Even so, I honestly haven't even used my iPod in nearly a year.  I haven't used iTunes in probably five years or more and it might actually be closer to ten.  I just stopped downloading music and went back to buying CDs and loading them on to the iPod until I recently got onto Amazon Music.

Apple didn't want DRM, the labels wanted DRM, and Apple got rid of it in it's entirety in 2009. Without Apple having the pull they did to push towards legitimate online music distribution we likely wouldn't have google music or amazon music today.  :2cents:

• Admin Team

I've been trying it out this morning.  Added a song to a playlist.  Went back to the playlist a few minutes later and it wouldn't open.  Turns out it added the song 524,158 times.  My 2015 MacBook Pro is still working on deleting the list.

I subscribed to Apple Music to try it out, but at this rate I may stick with Spotify.  I've not had any complaints with Spotify.

I'm going to give the app an update or two to get the kinks worked out - but they're making it awfully hard to consume.

• Moderators

I've been trying it out this morning.  Added a song to a playlist.  Went back to the playlist a few minutes later and it wouldn't open.  Turns out it added the song 524,158 times.  My 2015 MacBook Pro is still working on deleting the list.

I subscribed to Apple Music to try it out, but at this rate I may stick with Spotify.  I've not had any complaints with Spotify.

I'm going to give the app an update or two to get the kinks worked out - but they're making it awfully hard to consume.

I think it was iTunes 12.2.1 that was released yesterday to fix a bunch of initial bugs in the neweest release. For all that may like to know that...

I've been trying it out this morning. Added a song to a playlist. Went back to the playlist a few minutes later and it wouldn't open. Turns out it added the song 524,158 times. My 2015 MacBook Pro is still working on deleting the list.

I subscribed to Apple Music to try it out, but at this rate I may stick with Spotify. I've not had any complaints with Spotify.

Spotify is the only app that I have ever paid for and it is well worth my $10 per month. Satellite radio was $18 a month when I cancelled it, and I don't miss it a bit. I'm not an itunes user and with Spotify I have no desire to be. Edited by 10-Ring
  • 4 weeks later...

Has iTunes ever been easy to use?  If it wasn't iPod, iPhone, or iPad very few people would be using iTunes if it wasn't for those devices.

Thanks

Robert

• Like 1