I have a huge favor to ask

We had our first "cold" snap and it has already started. As I am sure everyone has seen this, the winter months tend to shorten men's fuses when we cannot get out as much. And when our fuses get shorter our responses get longer and sometimes we say things with the intent of hurting our fellow members. 

Remember, we are a large family but a family none the less and that we all came here because of common ground. Every single one of us has something in common with everyone else here so lets try to find a little more common ground rather than try to figure out our differences.

And in doing so lets try to be a little more tolerant of our fellow members.

Right now we, as Americans and gun owners, are in some very stressful times so now is the time to support one another if for nothing else than to help ourselves make it through the times we are in. We MUST come together for the good of us all and that is just not possible when we are bickering among ourselves. How can we all stand united, as Americans and gun owners, when we are trying to find the differences?

So I ask for anyone involved in a heated discussion to step away from your computer for a few minutes and then reread your post before hitting submit. It might save the edit to fix that misspelled word you missed the first time as well as hopefully preventing someone from posting something they might regret.

Thanks

• Like 19

No worries here... I spend as much (if not more) time outside in the fall & winter than I do in summer. Prefer the colder seasons, actually. Equates to less computer time for me during those months, so less chance of me showing my ass. :wave:

Amen to that...this time of the year I usually disappear...hints why I haven't been on here for like 4 or 5 days  :rofl:

I think Dolomite makes a great point.  There are a few topics which I try very hard to avoid on this forum as they are they ones that I have seen lead to anger, name calling, etc...  I have contributed to the problem on everything listed and am trying to learn from my mistakes.

• Anything relating to religion.  We all believe what we believe.  I've seen and taken part in several of these discussions and have never seen anyone truly change where they are coming from.
  • Anything related to Muslims.
  • Anything related to law enforcement and whether an officers action's were justified.  We have LEOs on this forum that come here to have good time.  When everyone starts second guessing LEO actions they don't feel welcome.  
  • Like 1
COLD SNAP?

May I ask when it occurred? And where? Is it possible to have a cold snap here? I know that cold snaps happen in places like South Dakota I recally working one night 02:00 36 degrees below 0 actual temps not even taking into account the wind chill factor. Now that was a cold snap.

COLD SNAP?

May I ask when it occurred? And where? Is it possible to have a cold snap here? I know that cold snaps happen in places like South Dakota I recally working one night 02:00 36 degrees below 0 actual temps not even taking into account the wind chill factor. Now that was a cold snap.

Nothing makes me grumpy like hearing how they did it somewhere else.

• Like 3

I don't think it's the cold, I think many are leaning too left. But it could just be me.

It's just you. There's nothing in the rules that people need to be as right leaning as you are in order to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

It's just you. There's nothing in the rules that people need to be as right leaning as you are in order to be here.

Precisely, i mean, why have a forum only full of people that love our constitution, without a few people mixed in there to argue with about it... :usa:

• Like 1

Precisely, i mean, why have a forum only full of people that love our constitution, without a few people mixed in there to argue with about it... :usa:

I believe this is what this thread is addressing. It is the veiled insults and passive aggressive comments, such as your suggestion that I (or people who disagree with you) don't love the Constitution of the United States. It leads to people like me, who are far more direct, calling people like you out for your childish insinuation.

• Like 8
A lot of what Dolo and the other keepers of the house are addressing is covered in the sites rules of conduct. We all agree to abide by them when we join and post. Big boy rules and all that.

Bottom line, if dissenting opinions offend you, or will cause you to be less than neighborly, Political and General chat may not be your ball of wax.
  • Like 7

Now folks, please leave the politically correctness where it belongs, in the trash can...

Just because you are called out on something that is believed to the general consensus of the opposing party, doesn't mean you get to start calling for those who oppose your thought process to keep their mouths/ computer fingers shut...

If YOU cannot take criticism on your stance, then please, stay out of a particular thread/s that may address these issues...

Now folks, please leave the politically correctness where it belongs, in the trash can...

Just because you are called out on something that is believed to the general consensus of the opposing party, doesn't mean you get to start calling for those who oppose your thought process to keep their mouths/ computer fingers shut...

If YOU cannot take criticism on your stance, then please, stay out of a particular thread/s that may address these issues...

Nobody is saying that. What is being said is that the childish, passive aggressive insults should stop. That isn't conducive to civil conversations. You specifically. There is no way you would make accusations such as that to anyone here in person. You just wouldn't.

• Like 2

I would like to see one specific example of anyone on this board telling YOU to keep your mouth/computer fingers shut.  I bet good money you can't find one.

Removed.  I will try to not perpetuate the discussion.   :hat:

Edited by Hozzie

A lot of what Dolo and the other keepers of the house are addressing is covered in the sites rules of conduct. We all agree to abide by them when we join and post. Big boy rules and all that.

Bottom line, if dissenting opinions offend you, or will cause you to be less than neighborly, Political and General chat may not be your ball of wax.

That pretty much sums it up and I don't think I could have said it better. It's mostly a matter of perspective in a lot of instances where peoples feelings interfere with interpretation of facts so bylaws are  useful interface.