I have a huge favor to ask

Nobody is saying that. What is being said is that the childish, passive aggressive insults should stop. That isn't conducive to civil conversations. You specifically. There is no way you would make accusations such as that to anyone here in person. You just wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets call this what it really is, this is 100% about people getting their feelings hurt over words written on a computer screen...Political discussions get heated, they all do, especially when you have the two opposing parties going at it about their moral beliefs...Which are 100% OPINION..So naturally, some feelings may get hurt, it is the nature of political discussions that deal with morality issues..and i believe some leeway needs to extended within a political forum with regards to how people feel on moral issues...and some believe that you should not be allowed to call a spade, exactly what it is, because it may hurt someones feelings..I tend to lean on calling the spade exactly what it is..Call me brash, call me hurtful, call me in the morning, but please, dont call on me to keep my trap shut when i call the spade out for what it really is..

Then sometimes, we deal with constitutional issues..Some folks think it(the constitution) needs to changed around a little, some think it should be changed around wholesale fashion...And some think it needs to be 100% left alone...These discussions also have tendency to become heated..And again, sometimes, people become motivated to call a spade exactly what it is..And once again, feelings will get hurt...Like it or not, that is how political discussions go all over the world, in every forum...Some forums will bust out the ban stick when people call things what they really are, and some do not..I am not sure yet which type of forum this is yet, as i have only dabbled a small bit in it here..I hope it's one that will allow people to voice how they really feel about certain political subjects...

But keep in mind, I am not for people making personal threats against other members, or turning the whole thing into a pissy little swearing match, i am however, all for spades being called exactly what they are, in a nice way of course :)

But alas, Dolomite has spoken as to exactly how we are to convey our feelings about certain hot button political issues..and i will either abide by them, or simply choose to stay out of them all together in the future..:)

Lets call this what it really is, this is 100% about people getting their feelings hurt over words written on a computer screen...Political discussions get heated, they all do, especially when you have the two opposing parties going at it about their moral beliefs...Which are 100% OPINION..So naturally, some feelings may get hurt, it is the nature of political discussions that deal with morality issues..and i believe some leeway needs to extended within a political forum with regards to how people feel on moral issues...and some believe that you should not be allowed to call a spade, exactly what it is, because it may hurt someones feelings..I tend to lean on calling the spade exactly what it is..Call me brash, call me hurtful, call me in the morning, but please, dont call on me to keep my trap shut when i call the spade out for what it really is..

Then sometimes, we deal with constitutional issues..Some folks think it(the constitution) needs to changed around a little, some think it should be changed around wholesale fashion...And some think it needs to be 100% left alone...These discussions also have tendency to become heated..And again, sometimes, people become motivated to call a spade exactly what it is..And once again, feelings will get hurt...Like it or not, that is how political discussions go all over the world, in every forum...Some forums will bust out the ban stick when people call things what they really are, and some do not..I am not sure yet which type of forum this is yet, as i have only dabbled a small bit in it here..I hope it's one that will allow people to voice how they really feel about certain political subjects...

But keep in mind, I am not for people making personal threats against other members, or turning the whole thing into a pissy little swearing match, i am however, all for spades being called exactly what they are, in a nice way of course :)

But alas, Dolomite has spoken as to exactly how we are to convey our feelings about certain hot button political issues..and i will either abide by them, or simply choose to stay out of them all together in the future..:)

That's not what this is at all. You're the only one here getting your feelings hurt. You can't seem to differentiate between conflicting opinions and grown up behavior. Grown ups can disagree without hurling insults; children cannot. You are acting like a child. Not just with the passive aggressive insults, but also by attempting to change the conversation about what the corrective action is addressing. Very clearly, it's addressing inappropriate comments, not opinions or lack of political correctness.

By all means, if you can't speak like a grown up, stay out of debates where opinions may widely differ, but don't try to play the martyr as if you're being attacked for your beliefs. No one here buys that except for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by TMF
  • Like 4

That's not what this is at all. You're the only one here getting your feelings hurt. You can't seem to differentiate between conflicting opinions and grown up behavior. Grown ups can disagree without hurling insults; children cannot. You are acting like a child. Not just with the passive aggressive insults, but also by attempting to change the what the corrective action is addressing. Very clearly, it's addressing inappropriate comments, not opinions or lack of political correctness.

By all means, if you can't speak like a grown up, stay out of debates where opinions may widely differ, but don't try to play the martyr as if you're being attacked for your beliefs. No one here buys that except for you.

I assure you, with 100% certainty, that i have no hurt feelings at all, but i am also very sure that i hit a nerve when i called the spade(the progressive left party) what it is...See, that is the whole point i tried to make with my post, and you confirmed this by calling me childish, or my comment "inappropriate"..I didn't call you stupid, or a fool, or call you some derogatory name..That would indeed be childish...I simply pointed out my opinion, in a nice way of course, about how i personally believe the far left party(democrat) wants to change our constitution around to suit what they believe, as where i as a conservative, think it should left as it was originally intended..The statement was, as it was intended, calling a spade, exactly what i believe it really is...You just happened to take it personally...It was not intended as a personal attack, i was intended as a statement about what the i believe, the far left party is trying to do to our constitution...This is simply my political opinion about the progressive left democratic party..

Once again, I believe if you cannot take political conversations that point out what your political party is all about, then you should not participate in a political conversation about said party...

Edited by Someotherguy

I assure you, with 100% certainty, that i have no hurt feelings at all, but i am also very sure that i hit a nerve when i called the spade(the progressive left party) what it is...See, that is the whole point i tried to make with my post, and you confirmed this by calling me childish, or my comment "inappropriate"..I didn't call you stupid, or a fool, or call you some derogatory name..That would indeed be childish...I simply pointed out my opinion, in a nice way of course, about how i personally believe the far left party(democrat) wants to change our constitution around to suit what they believe, as where i as a conservative, think it should left as it was originally intended..The statement was, as it was intended, calling a spade, exactly what i believe it really is...You just happened to take it personally...It was not intended as a personal attack, i was intended as a statement about what the i believe, the far left party is trying to do to our constitution...This is simply my political opinion about the progressive left democratic party..

Once again, I believe if you cannot take political conversations that point out what your political party is all about, then you should not participate in a political conversation about said party...

Don't try to back peddle. You quoted me and made a very clear insult. That was a clear example of what we're talking about in regard to debate and personal attacks.

You do this in every thread I've seen you in. Were it up to me, I would have banned you a while back. It's not up to me, so I'm pointing it out to you and everyone else. When you enter a thread and make incendiary comments intended to instigate personal attacks it turns this website into something other than it is intended to be. Making these jabs, then playing the victim when you are called out makes it clear to me and everyone reading this what your character is.

If you have some personal insight and genuine thought you'd like to bring to a discussion, feel free. It isn't hard to knock off the inflammatory remarks. Calling it childish is not an insult. It is, by very definition of the word, childish to do that.

Oh for Christs sake man :rofl:

You just proved my point again!..You definitely should not be participating in political arguments, because you simply cannot handle the TRUTH, even when it's very clear what the party in question, has clearly been trying to accomplish...Some folks just simply refuse to see it..

As you all can probably plainly see by now, I absolutely LOVE our Constitution :), love it :), and will defend ALL parts of it until my exit from this world..I firmly believe it is, the most perfect document ever written, And it pains me greatly to see it going down the tubes...The LGBT thread over in the political section was just another grim reminder to me of just how far down the road we really are as a country.. :(

and Its becoming pretty plain to see now that the atmosphere for speaking ones mind on political issues here is very obviously not the way to go, because i just might hurt someones feelings in the process of pointing out facts...

I'm out of this conversation, and out of any future political threads...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ

Edited by Someotherguy

COLD SNAP?

May I ask when it occurred? And where? Is it possible to have a cold snap here? I know that cold snaps happen in places like South Dakota I recally working one night 02:00 36 degrees below 0 actual temps not even taking into account the wind chill factor. Now that was a cold snap.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ohx/?n=otherrecords

Middle Tennessee Weather Records

Highest temperature: 112, Clarksville, September 7, 1925; Madison, July 28, 1930
[b]Lowest temperature: -30, Kingston Springs, January 24, 1963[/b]
Most precipitation, 1 day: 9.00", Lewisburg, March 28, 1902
Most snowfall, 1 day: 18.7", Riddleton, March 17, 1892

Would that qualify as a cold snap?

Coldest place in the lower 48 that day, weird isn't it. I was here then at the ripe old age of 2, don't remember anything about it though.

I don't have a clue to the topic or reason for Dolos request. My point about the left lean is the lack of flexibility. The whole intolerant tolerance thing. This isn't a recent observation by me, I've noticed it many months ago.
Of course everyone should speak (or write) their mind, that is the method for meaningful conversation. Flexibility and tolerance are a two way street. Edited by Ugly

Here's where I am with this.  Below are three bullet points from an earlier post I made:

• Anything relating to religion.  We all believe what we believe.  I've seen and taken part in several of these discussions and have never seen anyone truly change where they are coming from.
  • Anything related to Muslims.
  • Anything related to law enforcement and whether an officers action's were justified.  We have LEOs on this forum that come here to have good time.  When everyone starts second guessing LEO actions they don't feel welcome.  

All trouble on this forum that I'm aware of comes under these three areas. 

We have three moderators on this forum that donate a lot of time and make little or no money.  I back them 100% when they make a call.  Personally, I don't care whether folks like the calls our moderators make.  They are doing the best they can to make this forum great.

At least one person has been banned.  This is the time to shut up and do as Dolomite has asked before there are further bans.

A lot of what Dolo and the other keepers of the house are addressing is covered in the sites rules of conduct. We all agree to abide by them when we join and post. Big boy rules and all that.

Bottom line, if dissenting opinions offend you, or will cause you to be less than neighborly, Political and General chat may not be your ball of wax.

WADDAYAMEAN?! GETTING UP IN THE MORNING CAUSES ME TO BE LESS NEIGHBORLY!!!!!!!!! AND THEN I HAVE TO TALK TO MY WIFE IN THE MORNING, AND THAT OFFENDS ME! :squint:

:rofl: