Ok, I have to ask!!!!

bersaguy

I thought Colonel Sanders died many years back. Now KFC is advertising that the guy on TV is the real Colonel Sanders. Did they bring him back from the dead? Also, has anyone tried their bake beans recently? They removed the pork and began adding chicken to their baked beans. Not knowing this last time there I ordered bake beans as one of my sides and ended up throwing them out. They taste like ####!! Won't be going back to KFC anymore...........jmho

I thought Colonel Sanders died many years back. Now KFC is advertising that the guy on TV is the real Colonel Sanders. Did they bring him back from the dead? Also, has anyone tried their bake beans recently? They removed the pork and began adding chicken to their baked beans. Not knowing this last time there I ordered bake beans as one of my sides and ended up throwing them out. They taste like ####!! Won't be going back to KFC anymore...........jmho

Lmao. "Pay no attention to the man in the white suit, just continue to buy into our latest gimmick "

Popeye's is where it's at.

That's Norm McDonald playing the part. Terrible waste of one of my favorite comedians, imho. Terribly stupid commercial.

And earlier this year it was Darrell Hammond.  He was awful.  Haven't seen Norm yet.

I don't care who the Colonel is now, I'll never eat at KFC...except to pick up a few biscuits when getting chicken tenders from a joint that doesn't have them. 

Edited by Garufa

I (and a couple other people I know) thought the first 'new' Colonel Sanders was really creepy..  I'm guessing they moved on to Norm McDonald after some consumer feedback.

Yep! The dude was creepy.

If you listen to the new commercial they say that Norm's not the real Colonel Sanders.

KFC just plain sucks.  The last time I ate there was after a morning deer hunt that lasted until well after dark and involved a long walk across a mountain.  All I had to eat that day was a Snickers bar really that morning.  Needless to say I was starving and would have eaten about anything at that point.  After all that I still thought that it was horrible food.  I rank KFC below Churches, whose demographic is poor people that live in the ghetto.

The Popeye's here in Gallatin is the worst chicken I ever wasted my money on. Dry, meatless, hard crusty :censored: . I gave it three tries, just in case it was a screw up. It was consistent garbage.

I haven't had KFC in years. I'm strictly a Pepperfire guy now.

I agree with you 100% on the Popeyes here in Gallatin, The chicken sucks. We tried the shrimp and it was no better. Over cooked and so crunchy it would break into pieces. I won't ever go there again................. :up: :up:

WalMart deli, surprisingly enough, has pretty good fried as well as baked chicken. Their livers aren't bad either.

For home use, frozen the boxes of Banquet fried chicken are quite good.

None of this, however, begins to compare to the chickens my wife's grandmother used to kill and fry! :rock:

uh,  Pretty sure that KFC ad campaign is tongue in cheek.  Specifically a play on the fact the Col. Sanders is now played by a second actor. 

So which one is the real Colonel?

That place went downhill when they became mega sized.

Edited by Mike.357

My favorites.

The IGA does Broasted Chicken.  If it is fresh it is the best ever.  Nothing compares. I will wait for them to make mine if need be,

Hitching Post.   It was all over Cincinnati back in the day.  I think there is one still.  Carry out orders came in a yellow box with a horse's face/horseshoe logo.  You ordered half a chicken.  Four pieces with fries, cole slaw and a roll.  Four pieces then were not like now. Chicken was normal sized then.

Publix was awesome in Florida and I assume it is here too.  FWIW they have the best subs I have had.  Their Cuban was amazing in Florida.

Bojangles. I love the three piece dinner.  Always get fries and cole slaw.  With the biscuit it is near too much food for one.  Ask for hot sauce packets.

Others receiving votes : Browns, Popeyes

Edited by Mike.357