Multiple Dead in Oregon College Shooting

Oh Shoot

Then there's this guy. Don't know exactly what he did or if his actions made any difference at all, but he wasn't going down w/o a fight. Hope he pulls through.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/oregon-college-shooting/oregon-shooting-heroic-veteran-chris-mintz-was-shot-7-times-n437291

It seems social media has taken to this guy's support. At least they can recognize a heroic action.

However, conspiracy theories are already ablast:

Shooter warned everyone on a 4Chan Sub-board:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/1/9437577/4chan-federal-investigation-oregon-college-shooting

More Manifesto stuff - with references to 4Chan and the UC Santa Barbara (fail) Shooter

http://myfox8.com/2015/10/01/chris-harper-mercer-umpqua-community-college-shooter-identified/

He also hated Religions - but he also said he was a Conservative??. He looks like a Chester/Chomie

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

YouTube is already saying it was a Fake shooting. Citing that it was a plant. The guy is pretty funny - he took some shots at The Young Turks. Saying that the Feds created this guys profile to demonize Christians, Conservatives, Gun Owners, etc. Sounded like InfoWars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xglSvQmDow

Here is another Recap of him - mentioning his gmail account: Ironcross45. And he was on some dating website called Spiritual Passions?...Wierd

http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/chris-harper-mercer-umpqua-community-college-ucc-roseburg-oregon-shooting-shooter-gunman-dead-eggman-4chan-name-id-identity-photos-twitter-social-media-facebook-youtube/

Now we will never really know.

Thanks for clearing that up OS. Im tracking a ton of stuff here in my "command center" the GBS feed is only CNN

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

They have the shooter of the theater in Colorado and they have the shooter from SC church and I think a couple more and they have not learned a lot from any of them as to their motives. The court and Jury decided the Theater shooter who tried to claim insanity was just a liar and found him Sane and Guilty. So what did the country learn from him other than the fact he is just plain evil and a liar. I think that would fall in the realm of most anyone that will do such things most of these people have done..........jmho

• Like 1
I think it scares people to know that there is TRUE evil living amongst us.

Everyone is so used to feeling safe and secure, Big Brother, the internet and social media takes care of everyone - PC has us in a grave stranglehold.

Stuff like this scares people and the naturally reaction is to look for something to blame. Or they choose not to believe it; theyll call it a conspiracy/setup. Theyll blame God, guns, the Govt, the war on drugs, Brucilyn Jenner or what have you.

Sometimes there is nothing TO blame. Evil is Evil. Cain, Hitler, the SC Shooter, Assad, Saddam - they come in all shapes and sizes, and different backgrounds but it is all the same.

Evil Knows No Boundaries.

All I know is I am ordering a butt load of ammo and magazines before they sky rocket. Ill keep my guns, wife and Bible close to me and just continue to pray.

God help us all.

• Like 1

I wonder what would have really happened if those two Armed Vets would have made it to where all this was taking place rather than being herded into a classroom. I don't think if it were me I would have allowed the teacher to herd me into a room. I would have pulled my weapon and continued on to try and end what was going on. The last thing a shooter would be expecting in a GUN FREE ZONE is a trained guy with a gun. They said the school had one UNARMED Security Guard. I wonder what closet they found him in? i have said it a couple times in the past and I will say it again. Just one or two times is all it would take for an active shooter to enter a GUN FREE ZONE with plans of killing people only to find a couple Sheep Dogs popping caps in their a$$ taking them out and ending their Rampage as fast as it began. If there are fewer soft targets for these crazies to choose from there will be less of them taking place...............jmho

• Like 3

I think it scares people to know that there is TRUE evil living amongst us.

Everyone is so used to feeling safe and secure, Big Brother, the internet and social media takes care of everyone - PC has us in a grave stranglehold.

Stuff like this scares people and the naturally reaction is to look for something to blame. Or they choose not to believe it; theyll call it a conspiracy/setup. Theyll blame God, guns, the Govt, the war on drugs, Brucilyn Jenner or what have you.

Sometimes there is nothing TO blame. Evil is Evil. Cain, Hitler, the SC Shooter, Assad, Saddam - they come in all shapes and sizes, and different backgrounds but it is all the same.

Evil Knows No Boundaries.

All I know is I am ordering a butt load of ammo and magazines before they sky rocket. Ill keep my guns, wife and Bible close to me and just continue to pray.

God help us all.

It scares them because the Progressive Liberal teaching of secular humanism is that evil and bad are simply a lack of education (by the state) or injustice and that it can be cured with enough of other people's money, "progression", and fairness. Base humanity hasn't changed since the beginning of time nor will it.

Amen.  I can't fathom just standing there and taking it.   F that.  You might get me, but I'm not gonna make it easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yid-CW-O9Qw

That's the law in TN.  Oregon may or may not have a similar law. 

That's my favorite Eastwood quote and there's 100% truth to it. I used to have that for my signature.

• Like 2

I wonder what would have really happened if those two Armed Vets would have made it to where all this was taking place rather than being herded into a classroom. I don't think if it were me I would have allowed the teacher to herd me into a room. I would have pulled my weapon and continued on to try and end what was going on. The last thing a shooter would be expecting in a GUN FREE ZONE is a trained guy with a gun. They said the school had one UNARMED Security Guard. I wonder what closet they found him in? i have said it a couple times in the past and I will say it again. Just one or two times is all it would take for an active shooter to enter a GUN FREE ZONE with plans of killing people only to find a couple Sheep Dogs popping caps in their a$$ taking them out and ending their Rampage as fast as it began. If there are fewer soft targets for these crazies to choose from there will be less of them taking place...............jmho

We saw what happens when there's vets close to a potential killer like in France on the train. Action is the only way to live.

If you want to talk about scary you should hear people's thoughts on this in college. They want to cower and hide and think that the police/ security will save them. Even if they did chose to fight back they want someone else to do it for them. I understand why we continue to be attacked because of this soft mindset. Just let us carry guns on campus. Seriously with this weak willed mindset we are screwed IMO.
  • Like 1

At what point would you begin to believe this crap is staged? :mad:

Either way, it's tragic for sure.

My children are about to inherit one screwed up world.

You aint the only one that thinks this is a very distinct possibility brother... There are some mighty interestin, strange, and hideous things goin on out there that we've not seen before in this country...

All 13 firearms from scene and his home purchased legally through FFL, though possibly sounds like one or more by another family member, according to ATF spokeswoman's somewhat unclear statement. One appears to have been swapped at FFL.

Oregon enacted universal background checks in May of this year, btw.

If you don't know, Sheriff Hanlin there was one who wrote letter to BHO back during the legislation debates after Sandy Hook saying would not enforce new federal gun laws. Was also against the change in Oregon law regarding new background checks, though didn't seem to say wouldn't enforce it. Has also said that his views on gun control have not changed since the shooting.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

That should work. Kids in the 50s were taught their desks would protect them from a nuke. :D

One girl told me that pepper spray would stop someone determined to kill people. I laughed at her and told her to tell me how that works out for her. I said it's better than nothing but wouldn't you rather shoot them or stick a knife in their throat. Needless to say I got quite a few blank stares.

Did a little digging and yes Bush did have 13 what was considered mass shooting on his 8 year watch. They listed several of them as mass shootings with only one or two victims in Bush's watch. To date including yesterday on Mr. Obama's watch there has been 24 mass shootings. Does anyone have any actual reasoning for this large jump in numbers between the watches of two different Presidents?  Just curious!!!

Edited by bersaguy

Oh and don't think my statement before means I would stand idly by as I watch others die. I can guarantee I would fight to the death to prevent me, or anyone else, from being murdered.

This is why you must ALWAYS have a means to defend yourself no matter where you are.

No matter what people may think you cannot talk your way out of something like this.

I wasn't implying that in the least, Gordon. From what I can gather from news reports, however, that is what dozens of people did at the scene. If a person knows another is about to kill them, you'd think they'd at least want to go out fighting.

You aint the only one that thinks this is a very distinct possibility brother... There are some mighty interestin, strange, and hideous things goin on out there that we've not seen before in this country...

Well, the timing has been impeccable with news cycles. We don't need to know what Vladimir Putin is up to....hey! look over here!!!!!!

Ginning up support for gun control is just a side benefit if it happens.

Obama didn't wait but a few scant hours before he began his tirade of lies and propaganda. He has no friggin' class.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2

Well, the timing has been impeccable with news cycles. We don't need to know what Vladimir Putin is up to....hey! look over here!!!!!!I

I thought that exact thought today.  Some say I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist, I say they are crazy for not taking the conspiracy into consideration.  I've said it once and I'll say it again I don't think what we were told happened at Sandy hook was what actually took place at Sandy Hook.  I'll say the same about several other shootings as well.

• Like 2

I thought that exact thought today.  Some say I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist, I say they are crazy for not taking the conspiracy into consideration.  I've said it once and I'll say it again I don't think what we were told happened at Sandy hook was what actually took place at Sandy Hook.  I'll say the same about several other shootings as well.

Were there a shooting at our local school, I cannot fathom tearing the entire building down. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, and usually laugh at the Alex Jones crowd, but when something doesn't pass the smell test, I start looking for answers.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

I listened to news radio for a good part of the day today.  At one point I heard a recorded press release from the ATF special agent in charge of the case and she was talking about the shooters firearms being traced, she used this term, "traced" several times, she stated that they had traced some of his firearms and were in the process of tracing others.  I don't know about yall but I'm kind of thinking that the tin foil hatters that said that they believed that the government was using 4473's as a defacto registration may have been right. 

I'll give props to the local sheriff up there, he is refusing to release or say the name of the shooter so as to not give him any attention.

I think it is a know fact that if the Feds need to get your mind off of an issue, create a new one............jmhp

I don't know about yall but I'm kind of thinking that the tin foil hatters that said that they believed that the government was using 4473's as a defacto registration may have been right. 

Tin foil hat not required when they come right out and say that's what  they're doing.

• Like 1

I listened to news radio for a good part of the day today.  At one point I heard a recorded press release from the ATF special agent in charge of the case and she was talking about the shooters firearms being traced, she used this term, "traced" several times, she stated that they had traced some of his firearms and were in the process of tracing others.  I don't know about yall but I'm kind of thinking that the tin foil hatters that said that they believed that the government was using 4473's as a defacto registration may have been right. 

I'll give props to the local sheriff up there, he is refusing to release or say the name of the shooter so as to not give him any attention.

I have always known they can trace a weapon to the point of sale.  They start with the Mfg, Distributor, then LGS.  That is one reason they give when they try and pass legislation to force FFL transfers on all gun purchases; once a person to person sale occurs, they lose track.

Were there a shooting at our local school, I cannot fathom tearing the entire building down. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, and usually laugh at the Alex Jones crowd, but when something doesn't pass the smell test, I start looking for answers.

"Were there a shooting at our local school, I cannot fathom tearing the entire building down. It just doesn't make sense" 

When the Government has something to hide they will not hold back anything to cover it up.

• Like 1

I listened to news radio for a good part of the day today. At one point I heard a recorded press release from the ATF special agent in charge of the case and she was talking about the shooters firearms being traced, she used this term, "traced" several times, she stated that they had traced some of his firearms and were in the process of tracing others. I don't know about yall but I'm kind of thinking that the tin foil hatters that said that they believed that the government was using 4473's as a defacto registration may have been right.

The trace requires the compliance of the dealer to look back through their logs, it's not on a federal system.