Woe be unto you if you give Frontier Firearms negative feedback

A couple of days ago the Facebook page for Frontier Firearms appeared in my "suggested pages" feed and I chose to leave a negative review based on some negative interactions I have have with that business and the owner.  In it, I discussed a very bad experience my wife and I had over a special order she placed there 3 or 4 years ago (apparently negative experiences have an expiration date according to the owner).  I also made a reference to the owner's lousy attitude in the infamous Frontier Firearms thread on here as evidence of how he does not seem to have much respect for customers.  In response to this review, he left a very lengthy reply attacking me and my credibility, plus he actively sought out web pages related to my hobby leather business and a GoFundMe account I established with three other people to raise start-up capital for a nonprofit that we have registered with the Tennessee Secretary of State's Office.  In short, he has reinforced everything I ever had to gripe about.  Just be forewarned, if you complain on his Facebook page, be ready to get blasted from all angles, including malicious attacks on your personal and business affairs.  In my case, he accused me of being a tax cheat and a criminal who is trying to defraud people with a fake nonprofit.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

In full disclosure, I also commented about his 5% discount for Christians promotion, which I personally think is crummy.  Exercising one's Second Amendment rights is not a religion thing.  Obviously, as a business owner he is free to offer discounts as he sees fit, but I also have the freedom to voice my displeasure over it.

If anyone here is a FB user and is so inclined to share their feelings, both positive and negative, the store's FB page is:

https://www.facebook.com/Frontier-Firearms-341898375837583/

Link to his Facebook page? I have some reviews I would like to post as well. Namely the way they fixed a loose front sight.

The one time I was in there he acted like a baby when I refused to pay almost double for a scope he had for sale.

I added it above.  Probably doing it while you were typing.  I'll be curious to see his reaction.

Sorry, I don't do FaceBook. :shrug:

You don't have to log in or have an account to view.  Most businesses and news sites have open FB pages.  It's a really good way to get irritated when you start reading what the average "American" goes on about.

• Like 1

ET and all...

I've been patiently waitin for this Frontier Firearms thing to come up... As the God Man said: "... And you will know them by their works..."... 

I have refrained from sayin bad things about the folks at Frontier, not because they weren't true; but because i figured it would come out sooner or later... This overbearing, dismissive attitude has been goin on for the last 12 years or so; at least... Looks like the chickens have come home to roost...

My particular run in was with the harpy that is evidently the owner's wife (...or girlfriend...)... She, was (...or still may be...) either a sheriff's deputy or policeperson in the kingston/roane county territories... She used her loud "command voice" on me over presumin to take the ejector rod out of a used Ruger SA to inspect the barrel and verify the cylinder was marked to the gun (...it was used...)...She evidently thought i was about to steal a part or wasn't smart enough to put it back together correctly... The whole thing smacked of a police encounter with a fugitive...

I had my then 12 or 14 year old son with me, so i didn't paint a "verbal picture of what i thought of her and her "command voice" and retail skills were at the time... I politely handed "the weapon" back reassembled correctly and told her where she could put it...I also reminded her that i wasn't her dog and didn't appreciate being hollered at like one...  One of the guys tried to smooth it over with me, but to no avail, as you all can tell... It is beyond me why anyone would do business with this trash...

I have not darked the door of their establishment since that time; and i will not in the future... Further, ive regularly told this little story to everyone ive met in a face to face situation when the subject of Frontier Firearms comes up...Now, all of you who read this post know it too..

In the interest of "full disclosure"; i never had any trouble with the guy i took to be the owner or any of his employees... This monstrous harpy was the only one that i ever saw being rude, and i had seen it a time or two before our particular run in... I figure the owner is henpecked and is afraid to call her out... I say the hell with the both of them... Her for bein an overbearing jackassette and him for bein a weenie... They dont have anyting i need...

leroy

• Like 9
I don’t know this guy and have never been to his store, so this is not about him directly, but it seems when you own a gun store you can do and say pretty much anything you want, and change anything you want, and stay in business. The good news is that we are getting more and more FFL’s that actually have storefronts and good inventory. Competition should help the buyer.
  • Like 4

When you hear one complaint about a business you really can't make a judgement but when there's several you get a pretty good idea that the business owners and employees have the issues. There's little chance that I would have ever delt with them anyway, i'm in Kingston Springs which is far away from Kingston but just hearing/reading about them I would avoid their business. A business like a store of any kind shouldn't be rude or vindictive towards their customers because it does get around and there's potential customers they will loose because of their attitude. 

• Like 1

A couple of days ago the Facebook page for Frontier Firearms appeared in my "suggested pages" feed and I chose to leave a negative review based on some negative interactions I have have with that business and the owner. In it, I discussed a very bad experience my wife and I had over a special order she placed there 3 or 4 years ago (apparently negative experiences have an expiration date according to the owner). I also made a reference to the owner's lousy attitude in the infamous Frontier Firearms thread on here as evidence of how he does not seem to have much respect for customers. In response to this review, he left a very lengthy reply attacking me and my credibility, plus he actively sought out web pages related to my hobby leather business and a GoFundMe account I established with three other people to raise start-up capital for a nonprofit that we have registered with the Tennessee Secretary of State's Office. In short, he has reinforced everything I ever had to gripe about. Just be forewarned, if you complain on his Facebook page, be ready to get blasted from all angles, including malicious attacks on your personal and business affairs. In my case, he accused me of being a tax cheat and a criminal who is trying to defraud people with a fake nonprofit.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of people working in gun stores and pawn shops too that have attitudes. At the first sign of disrespectful or questionable attitude I'm out the door. Oh...and with my money still in my pocket!!

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 3

I don’t know this guy and have never been to his store, so this is not about him directly, but it seems when you own a gun store you can do and say pretty much anything you want, and change anything you want, and stay in business. The good news is that we are getting more and more FFL’s that actually have storefronts and good inventory. Competition should help the buyer.

I was thinking something similar yesterday.  Is it just me or does the gun business seem to have an above average number of these sorts of people?

• Like 3

When you hear one complaint about a business you really can't make a judgement but when there's several you get a pretty good idea that the business owners and employees have the issues. There's little chance that I would have ever delt with them anyway, i'm in Kingston Springs which is far away from Kingston but just hearing/reading about them I would avoid their business. A business like a store of any kind shouldn't be rude or vindictive towards their customers because it does get around and there's potential customers they will loose because of their attitude. 

I really feel as if I have been fair in my criticisms, perhaps too much so.  In a nutshell, the original issue was related to a special order my wife placed for a Uberti Cattleman to give me as a Christmas gift.  When she ordered it the first part of November, the clerk told her the gun was in stock with the distributor and it would arrive in about a week.  She paid the deposit and waited.  It didn't arrive until well into January, which is very likely out of the hands of the people at FF.  Here is the rub:

1) She was told when the gun was ordered that it was in stock and would be there in a week.
2) When the gun was not in stock, the people at FF did not call her to let her know.
3) When she called multiple times, they gave her the run-around and basically lied.  The gun was always "on the truck for the next delivery" or "definitely on the way."  
4) Christmas came and I got a nice picture of the gun with her story about how she was being treated.  I then started calling and got the same treatment.  They always said, "we called and they said it's in stock and will be shipped out tomorrow."  
5) I finally called and said we just wanted to cancel the order and they said they could not do refunds on special orders.
6) When the gun finally arrived the second week of January, we went to pick it up.  The manager made no apologies for what happened and made no effort to make up for the hassle.  As I was talking to the manager about the issue, the owner came up, butted into the conversation without so much as an "excuse me," and talked to the manager about something else.  I have always been under the impression the owner was well-aware of who I was, why I was there, and what problems I had experienced.  Thanks to all of that crap, my wife has sworn off buying guns forever and she hasn't set foot into a gun store since.  No kidding on that. She wasn't a gun person to start with and that experience totally tainted her.

I even gave the place another shot after that - not sure why, but I guess I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I was looking for a specific handgun and called them multiple times over the course of a week to see if they had it and if not, what it would cost to order it.  I was promised a return call every single time, and on the last call I got the owner's wife who was referenced above.  She was rude, huffed about how she didn't have time to look up a price, and would call me back later in the day.  Needless to say, I'm still waiting on that return call.  

Now, according to the owner of FF, since this all happened a few years ago my complaint is not valid, and he even accused me of being dishonest about ever being a customer.  I have looked at some of the other complaints people have left and I don't think there is a single one where they admitted the possibility that they did anything wrong.  Even in my complaint I posted a couple of days ago, he had every opportunity to try and make up for it, but instead he went on a rant and then maliciously sought out my other pages to harass me.  Real high-class guy.

• Like 2

I think every gun store has hired the wrong person a time or two, but when the owner is whack there's no excuse for it. I have bought several guns from the owner of Specialty Arms and found him to be a pleasant and an overall good experience each time. The last time I went in there to purchase a Ruger I got a relatively young employee whom I'd not seen before and who seemed to be an impersonal ass-hat. The owner wasn't around or I would have said something to him about it. That particular day I had both of my sisters with me, and we had visited Guns-N-More too. The contrast in experience was such that they remarked to me that they wouldn't buy from Specialty Arms. You can't do much about owners, but a word to the owners are to watch their employees when they don't think that you are watching. Don't take anything for granted that could risk your business.

• Like 3

I've been in there a time or 2 and it was never a good trip.  I was looking to get either a Beretta 1301 comp or Benilli M2. Well of course they were stocking dealers for both companies but didn't have either one. They could order me one but it would take a few weeks to get it. Didn't seem real interested in helping me after I stated what i was looking for. I guess they can't smell the cash money in someone's pocket LOL.  I ended up getting the 1301 at Gander Mountain of all places for $100 less than they quoted me. 

Didn't he even mouth off something about if you're from south of the river we don't want your business during the Rocky and Leon Houston trials? 

The gun shop I use is Personal Defense Options off the Watt Rd exit in Lenoir City. They have never failed to be nice and courteous when I've went in there. I've even had them special order stuff since it's not a gun they would regularly stock.  

• Like 1