Daylight saving night!

Sam1

My Mutt over slept this morning....................Knew it would mess her schedule up............... :up:

Mine did not.  Was up doing school work for 12 hours yesterday, started work at 11pm and didn't get finished until almost 3am on the new time  let the dog out at 2am so I could sleep in.

and WTF happens at 5:30am every morning?  The dog.  The dog happens at 5:30am, her clock self-adjusted.

• Like 2

It is "fall forward" and "spring back", right? :squint:

Cause computers and phones went back 1 hour, did the NSF do something?

Now if anyone jumps on this, it is a joke.

I know DST is supposed to be for the farmers or whatever, but I'm with ya...if we need an extra hour of daylight anywhere, it's at the end of the day during the winter.

Me and my old man discussed this before. They came up with DST in the 30's, but it never made sense. My Grandpa was a farmer just like all our family has been. The work started when the sun rose and stopped when it set. It never made one bit of difference what the clock said. The only reason for the clock was because he was a third shift coal miner so he knew when to leave for work. Farmers run off daylight not clock time.

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 2

Me and my old man discussed this before. They came up with DST in the 30's, but it never made sense. My Grandpa was a farmer just like all our family has been. The work started when the sun rose and stopped when it set. It never made one bit of difference what the clock said. The only reason for the clock was because he was a third shift coal miner so he knew when to leave for work. Farmers run off daylight not clock time.

Sent from behind the anvil

Exactly!

My grandfather was a farmer and naturally my father did when he was younger, but he decided to concentrate more on the house wiring and plumbing business. That's what I grew up doing but there was still enough farm work to be done on the evenings and weekends.

Farmers work sun up til sun down. Clock has nothing to do with it.

I have heard that changing it lately is due to trying to maximize sunlight in the day to help make people exercise and be more active to combat obesity.

My father was very funny when it came to time changes. Part of each year he would be on same time as everyone else and part of the year he would be on his time because he never changed his watch. When someone would ask him the time he would look at his watch and ask the if they wanted their time or his. They would just look at him kind of funny and walk away.............. :rofl:

• Like 1

:jester: They shouldn't mess with God's time. If God wanted us to be on DST he would have made us on DST. :rofl:

In all honesty I doubt GOD was really concerned about time when he made us. I think I read somewhere that is took God thousands of years to create the Earth and the Heavens and a day to him was probably a thousand years in our time. I do know that he must have been tired because it reads that on the 7th day he rested.I often wonder how it came about that Everyone rests and attends Church on Sunday and we drew the conclusion on which day was the last day of the week and which was first. It would seem that Saturday according to most is the last day of the week?........... :shrug:

In all honesty I doubt GOD was really concerned about time when he made us. I think I read somewhere that is took God thousands of years to create the Earth and the Heavens and a day to him was probably a thousand years in our time. I do know that he must have been tired because it reads that on the 7th day he rested.I often wonder how it came about that Everyone rests and attends Church on Sunday and we drew the conclusion on which day was the last day of the week and which was first. It would seem that Saturday according to most is the last day of the week?........... :shrug:

Actually, it says 1 day is as 10000 years and 10000 years as one day, time has no real meaning to Him

...I think I read somewhere that is took God thousands of years to create the Earth and the Heavens and a day to him was probably a thousand years in our time....

Took him about 9 billion years to get around to Earth and anatomically modern man has only been around the last 4% of its history, so he surely did take his own sweet time. And likely regrets doing that homo sapiens part at all. :)

- OS