Mountain Lion on Trail Cam Spotted 11/24/2015

xRUSTYx

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.  Posted to the  TN Deer - Where TN hunters hang their hats on Facebook.  Here are a few trail cam pictures, supposedly taken in Humphrey's Co  ... 

Facebook Post by Austin Burton

"We have been hunting a farm in Middle TN my whole life. My dad and his buddy have hunted it about 35 years. Around 25 years ago my dads friend saw a mountain lion dove hunting and no one believed him. I just pulled my card out of my camera and look what I got! I have it on video but not internet at our farm except for my phone. I'm speechless. We all give my dad a hard time for always having a pistol on him and now we will all be taking pistols. Are mountain lions legal to kill? Unit L"

EDITED TO ADD ~ Here's the Video:  https://www.facebook.com/austin.burton.94/videos/10102961980689135/

12278713_10102961875639655_8255436635573

12274385_10102961875774385_6678060008112

12313818_10102961875819295_9166083207910

Edited by xRUSTYx

OS?   

:popcorn:

Wasn't black, was it? ;)

Another rare wanderer I guess, if indeed it was snapped where stated.

The skeptic part always has to wonder : No EXIF embedded in those particular JPEGs or other real proof of course. Dunno how TWRA verified that other one not long ago but they had to be pert sure to admit it I guess. I must note these pix and the vid were certainly framed pretty well for an animal that just happened to stop and do its thing for a bit -- pretty long odds on that from a stationary pointed camera would seem to me, but anything's possible I reckon, maybe some scent was put there or something. Looks like a rather tight shot too, not the wider focal length you'd usually have a game camera set on? Maybe cropped?

If we ever see evidence of a breeding population, that would be something indeed.

Beautiful animal.  I think we should try to reestablish them here in quantity. Forget them pussy elks, lets get something back in the woods where it means something serious to be an outdoorsman again! ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Wasn't black, was it? ;)

Another rare wanderer I guess, if indeed it was snapped where stated.

The skeptic part always has to wonder : No EXIF embedded in those particular JPEGs or other real proof of course. Dunno how TWRA verified that other one not long ago but they had to be pert sure to admit it I guess. I must note these pix and the vid were certainly framed pretty well for an animal that just happened to stop and do its thing for a bit -- pretty long odds on that from a stationary pointed camera would seem to me, but anything's possible I reckon, maybe some scent was put there or something. Looks like a rather tight shot too, not the wider focal length you'd usually have a game camera set on? Maybe cropped?

If we ever see evidence of a breeding population, that would be something indeed.

Beautiful animal.  I think we should try to reestablish them here in quantity. Forget them pussy elks, lets get something back in the woods where it means something serious to be an outdoorsman again! ;)

- OS

Man the yuppies around here would probably freak out and move back to where ever they came from.  I'm all for it. 

FWIW, the cat is doing the "gape reflex" after it smells the ground. You'll sometimes see house cats do the same thing--their mouth hangs slightly open as they process the scent molecules in an organ in the roof of the mouth. I assume the lion was smelling some type of scent used to attract deer.
  • Like 1