Least happy and most miserable cities in Tennessee

TSprint1

I ran across this article that claimed to rank Tennessee cities as the least happy and most miserable by a number of factors. I must be associating with the "wrong folks" as I sure don't agree with many of their conclusions. I know a bunch of unhappy and wealthy people in Germantown....their number one "happy" city.  Thought it was an interesting reading anyhow.

http://wate.com/2015/12/18/do-you-live-in-one-of-the-most-miserable-places-in-tennessee/

I ran across this article that claimed to rank Tennessee cities as the least happy and most miserable by a number of factors. I must be associating with the "wrong folks" as I sure don't agree with many of their conclusions. I know a bunch of unhappy and wealthy people in Germantown....their number one "happy" city.  Thought it was an interesting reading anyhow.

http://wate.com/2015/12/18/do-you-live-in-one-of-the-most-miserable-places-in-tennessee/

Number 5 should be Number 1.  I don't know the other 9 area's.

Thanks

Robert

I'm not at all surprised by #6. While I'm fortunate enough to live on the nice, quiet side of town, I can't help but regret ever buying a house in this  :poop: hole. My daughter should graduate in just over a year, and I'll be selling this place shortly thereafter. If they'd move the projects - and everything within within a half-mile of it - from Springfield to Memphis, this would be a pretty nice place to raise a family.

We are all now dumber for having read that article. The data used to quantify happiness or misery isn't valid. Using commute times implies that a long commute makes someone automatically unhappy, which isn't necessarily true, or high number of unmarried or low number of homeowners. It's bad data used to write a bad article. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 8

We are all now dumber for having read that article. The data used to quantify happiness or misery isn't valid. Using commute times implies that a long commute makes someone automatically unhappy, which isn't necessarily true, or high number of unmarried or low number of homeowners. It's bad data used to wrote a bad article.

This x infinity

hmmmm   #1 germantown  #2 collierville #6 bartlett  #8 arlington #11 lakeland    So they are saying that if you live one in the east suburbs of Memphis you are living in happiest part of TN???????????????   :ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:  :ugh:  and I want to retire in the eastern part of TN :rofl: 

We need to get the word out, I'm about tired of people moving here.  Can't afford a place to live anymore, 4 out of 5 license plates are out of state and they all drive like buttholes, and the population of this town has roughly tripled in 20 years.  It may be miserable now but it used to be a nice place.

We need to get the word out, I'm about tired of people moving here.  Can't afford a place to live anymore, 4 out of 5 license plates are out of state and they all drive like buttholes, and the population of this town has roughly tripled in 20 years.  It may be miserable now but it used to be a nice place.

This is as much a trickle down from Nashville, as anything.  I can't tell how many people told us to look in Mt Juliet when we were buying a house.  There is housing deficiency in Nashville, anyone who can't afford whats left is moving outward which in turn is pushing your housing up as well.  Driving west out of Nashville at 7:30 am and looking at the inbound traffic is enough to give me anxiety ;).... 400 people a week moving here, they gotta go somewhere, looks you win :D

In line with previous comments, there are happy people everywhere and unhappy people everywhere.  I'm in metro Nashville and love it, though the first big purchase as my company takes off is land where I can go shooting when I want to - which will most likely be in the middle of nowhere.  

What a completely negative article.

I can totally see Crossville.  Had family there and spent a fair bit of time there in my youth.  That place is, in a word, wicked.  There's a chill in the air that has nothing to do with the mountain.  Certain parts of the place just feels wrong, as if something evil sets it's will against you.  Can't explain it much better without sounding like a bigger dork but it's true.  The whole town feels like theres a secret outsiders are not, nor ever will be privy to.  IT's in that town I first learned the true meaning of "the heeby jeebies"

• Like 1

I can totally see Crossville.  Had family there and spent a fair bit of time there in my youth.  That place is, in a word, wicked.  There's a chill in the air that has nothing to do with the mountain.  Certain parts of the place just feels wrong, as if something evil sets it's will against you.  Can't explain it much better without sounding like a bigger dork but it's true.  The whole town feels like theres a secret outsiders are not, nor ever will be privy to.  IT's in that town I first learned the true meaning of "the heeby jeebies"

Spend 4 days there playing golf every year. Fantastic Golf courses.

Looks dense to me.  #2 is "miserable" due to low home ownership ... in the town I know best for its time-shares and similar commercial rental property.   Another is "miserable" because ppl aren't married ... clearly, they don't know the married folks that I do, nor the single folks that I know.   Another is least amount of sunny days... some idiot northerner wrote this, having never experienced a fully sunny day in july with 400% humidity and 150 degree sunshine.  

I can totally see Crossville. Had family there and spent a fair bit of time there in my youth. That place is, in a word, wicked. There's a chill in the air that has nothing to do with the mountain. Certain parts of the place just feels wrong, as if something evil sets it's will against you. Can't explain it much better without sounding like a bigger dork but it's true. The whole town feels like theres a secret outsiders are not, nor ever will be privy to. IT's in that town I first learned the true meaning of "the heeby jeebies"

That could be a description of Derry, Maine. Edited by dawgdoc