Cz and sig?

ballz71

Lately I've been seeing of people talking about or wanting to buy cz and sig. I'm familiar with the polymer guns like glock. Also like 1911 but I've just never looked at sigs or cz. What are some of advantages they hold over other guns or does it all come down to preference?
I currently own several Sig's and also 1911's. I do own a couple of polymer striker guns as well. For me it is mostly preference. I like a hammer and sear trigger better than a striker trigger. I also like a metal grip frame. I can't say that one is better than the other but the Sig's work for me. Keep in mind I was shooting pistols long before glock was in the business and that is part of it too.

I find that the Sig points most naturally for me as well.

Cz makes fine weapons but they just haven't made me buy one yet, I do have friends that like them very much.

Buy what shoots the best for you.

I own Sig's , a CZ  75d Compact, several DA revolvers and several striker guns M&P9C, PM9, SA XDS 45, and HK VP9. I too like having a hammer and sear trigger combination with metal frames for I  have shot these type guns since the 70's. I also like the light carry weight of the striker fired pistols that I have listed and their reliability.

It just depends what fits your hand and your exposure to a cross-section of pistol design.

• Like 1

I prefer a hammer fired gun as well. Polymer or metal framed doesn't really matter so much to me though. Even though I carry a striker fired gun, just shooting for fun I don't really like the feel of the striker fired guns trigger. I know plenty of people that feel the opposite. I have CZ's, sigs, and beretta's, I have to say that I prefer the cz's over the rest.

• Like 3

It's mostly about marketing and how said marketing ties into the law enforcment or competitive action shooting community. For a number of years now SiG has been heavily into the LE market, CZ less so but CZ had better pricing. Ergonomically the CZ 75 and its derivitives feel better in my hands and look better then anything SiG is marketing. However, the SiG P220 and 226 both appeal to me more than any striker gun I've owned, carried on duty or just fired at the range. So it depends on what you prefer after trying out what you see.

• Like 1
For me it now boils down to this: for carry/defense guns it's gunna be a plastic striker fired gun. For shooting enjoyment and just plain fun, it's a metal framed SA gun.

I happen to be in love with Tangfolio's take on the CZ in the form of my Witness Elite Match. I have the work guns on lock at this point, pretty much gunna be buying fun guns from here on out.
  • Like 1

I have both CZs and Sigs.  I prefer the CZs.  Both are well made guns.  It's going to boil down to personal preference. To me, the Sig has a high bore axis, feels clunky in my hand, and the decocker irritates me.  The CZ75/85 series is handgun perfection for what 'feels right' to me.

I'm not fond of polymer or strikers.  But I carry an XDs .45 because it's the best tool for the job.  I used to carry a Star PD .45.  But it's getting a bit well-worn.  And they weren't renowned for their service longevity. 

• Like 2

I actually just discovered CZ's.  My first hand gun purchase was Feb 2015.  Don't know how I missed the CZ in my initial research.  I ended up with a Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm.  

It's a good carry gun (a little bulky), but it was the purpose I was looking for then.  

I shot a CZ Shadow at IDPA last week and it was the sweetest gun I've every fired.  

My CZ 75 SP-01 Tactial will arrive tomorrow.  Couldn't afford the Shadow, but I got the next best thing.  The base to build the Shadow from.

I read tons of best 9mm full size reviews and I don't recall seeing the CZ 75 being anything other than first on every list.  I had a really tough time just finding the tactical in 9mm.  That was a good sign to me.  It meant the gun was in extremely high demand.  Never liked Sigs because they feel funny in my hand.  To each his own though.  I myself can't shoot a Glock worth a crap.  I hate the way they feel, but millions of owners can't be wrong.  They are good guns.  Just not good for me.  I don't get into the my gun is better than yours crap.

• Like 1

I am a Sig Guy and I cannot really articulate WHY?  I just like them.  I have big hands and sigs are big guns?  I have a sig 229 as my night stand gun and a sig 224 that I carry when wearing heavier clothes.  I also own and shoot Glocks and carry them as well (22 and 27) , but I really like the Sigs.  For some reason I love the SA/DA Sigs with the SRT (short reset trigger).  I have never had one of my Sigs or any one of my Glocks jam (except for Stovepipes which I assume is limp wristing).  I would have no problem if you told me that I could never shoot another pistol other than Sig.  I have Colt 1911s and I have never really liked the grip safety.  I have Baretta and Ruger semi autos as well, I like them fine--but do not love them.  I have owned and carried all the usual suspects in .380--hated them all except my Sig p238.    I have never to my recollection shot a CZ.

Lately I've been seeing of people talking about or wanting to buy cz and sig. I'm familiar with the polymer guns like glock. Also like 1911 but I've just never looked at sigs or cz. What are some of advantages they hold over other guns or does it all come down to preference?

sig makes all kinds of stuff and it varies from gun to gun, you can't lump it up -- they have DAOs and 1911s and glockish and many other flavors.

CZ makes good stuff, but the majority of it is flavors of one design (like glock) -- the classic cz75.   They also have some awesome rifles.

Both brands produce above average quality and workmanship firearms and are excellent choices.    It does come down to preference, though sig probably has something for most everyone in their lineup.

Wife loves the cz clone, the EAA witness.  She now has one of their elite single action target models, and its a top shelf pistol.   One of those weird cases of a clone being better than the originals.  

I am a Glock guy through and through and I one point I owned 10 of them.

CZs and Sigs are in their own league - being hammer fired, all metal guns theyre different than Glocks and the like.

I have both, Sig has 1911s, SAOs, DAOs and tout the fact that Mil/LE use them. But theyre German meaning theyre expensive. Never had a problem with my 2 - but for brand new youre talking near 1000 for a gun.

CZs are way more affordable (even their higher end stuff compared to a high end Sig). They fit a bit better with me, and they dont fail. At all. Ive had my 220 and 239 FTE or stovepipe not my CZ.

So being a Glock guy my favorite gun is my CZ97.

Sig does offer polymer framed striker stuff too - garbage, get a Glock or M&P if thats what you desire

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

CZs are way more affordable (even their higher end stuff compared to a high end Sig). They fit a bit better with me, and they dont fail.

THIS ^^^^^

I don't have giant hands and the CZ grip is absolutely perfect in my hand.  My thumb hits the decocker with ease.  I can flip the slide release easily with my thumb and it all feels so natural.  My grip position stays very firm and in place when handling the gun.  I think whoever designed the CZ must have had the same exact hands that I do!  It couldn't fit any better.  Even the stock grips seem like they have been molded for my hands.  

Serrations on the slide are a bit... aggressive.

I would think that a guy with big meat hooks would have a hard time gripping it well and feeling comfortable considering how well it fits me.  

CZs are way more affordable (even their higher end stuff compared to a high end Sig). They fit a bit better with me, and they dont fail.

THIS ^^^^^

I don't have giant hands and the CZ grip is absolutely perfect in my hand.  My thumb hits the decocker with ease.  I can flip the slide release easily with my thumb and it all feels so natural.  My grip position stays very firm and in place when handling the gun.  I think whoever designed the CZ must have had the same exact hands that I do!  It couldn't fit any better.  Even the stock grips seem like they have been molded for my hands.  

Serrations on the slide are a bit... aggressive.

I would think that a guy with big meat hooks would have a hard time gripping it well and feeling comfortable considering how well it fits me.  

I have big hands, and I have often thought the same thing about CZ's comfort. I have the Tactical sports model and that one is quite a bit bigger than the 75's, but both feel great and shoot very well for me.

Edited by tmauto769
I have a Sig P320 and love it. Right around $550 + tics & tax. Even came with a paddle holster good enough to get by with until I make one or pick one up that I like.

Very comfortable gun too, but it won't replace the P229 & P220 for carry. It's more of a house/truck gun

I'm in this boat right now as well.  The only place that I've gotten to get my hands on a CZ was Academy and they won't take the trigger locks off so I have no idea what the trigger is like.  The price point on the CZ is attractive but after shopping Gander Mountain for the Sig, Academy's price on the Sig seems too attractive to pass up.  Which brings me to another question, I don't know a lot about Sigs but I've done a lot of research in the past few days.  The tag on the Sig that I looked at at Academy read "226B" anyone have any idea what that "B" means?  I've looked on Sig's website and Wikipedia and couldn't find anything.  I just don't want to buy a gun and find out a week later that I didn't get what I thought that I got or should have gotten something else. 

I can't shoot a SIG for love nor money. They just do not work for me. And the 320, while the closest to being what I like in a gun, the grip just does not fit my hand at all.

A CZ is everything I hate in a handgun; heavy, hammer fired and DA/SA.

But I LOVE them. I will never be without one. They are my favorite "put together" of everything I dislike. :shrug: :screwy:  I know.

I'm in this boat right now as well.  The only place that I've gotten to get my hands on a CZ was Academy and they won't take the trigger locks off so I have no idea what the trigger is like.  The price point on the CZ is attractive but after shopping Gander Mountain for the Sig, Academy's price on the Sig seems too attractive to pass up.  Which brings me to another question, I don't know a lot about Sigs but I've done a lot of research in the past few days.  The tag on the Sig that I looked at at Academy read "226B" anyone have any idea what that "B" means?  I've looked on Sig's website and Wikipedia and couldn't find anything.  I just don't want to buy a gun and find out a week later that I didn't get what I thought that I got or should have gotten something else. 

If it is a 75B, you might not like it if you did feel the trigger. I put $260 into my matte stainless 75, to get a really good trigger. The stock one had way to long of a reset and was a too heavy a pull for my tastes. The cajun gun works short reset 2 system helped that a bunch, along with a cz customs hammer, main spring, which then requires an extended firing pin with a lighter spring, and an adjustable sear. It was a lot more than I bargained for but that is one sweet shooting gun now. ;)

• Like 1