Why no guns for search?

Hthunder

My first thought on the OP's question was that there is going to be a much higher percentage of people show up that are not gun lovers. The sight of a gun on the hip of an "untrained wannabe cop" would scare many of them off. They may be worried about one of us showing up, but that scares off a dozen others.

Or, it could just be about safety. Say you find the boy in some creepy guys camp, and that guy is armed. A dozen searchers show up and start blasting away to rescue the kid, and innocent folks get shot.

Or, it could just be about safety. Say you find the boy in some creepy guys camp, and that guy is armed. A dozen searchers show up and start blasting away to rescue the kid, and innocent folks get shot.

I figgered it was mostly to keep people from shooting at black painters and sasquashes and whatnot. ;)

- OS

• Like 3

I am sure a lot of you have heard about the search for the 2 year old that has been on since last Thursday in West Tn. 3 requirements announced for volunteer searchers.
1. Must be 18 years old.
2. Must have photo ID.
3. Must not be armed.

My question is why would a legally armed volunteer be turned away?
Would this affect whether or not you would volunteer to search?

Keep little Noah and the family in your prayers.

Not trying to be insensitive during a trying and emotional time for a family but it just doesn't make since to have this requirement.

That is a damn good question. No idea why

• Moderators
  • Moderators

That's the only place I see it. The /nosleep subreddit is for horror fiction. Anything else that references staircases cites the /nosleep subreddit as a source, if it cites anything at all.

Yes, this exactly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/wiki/nosleep

Now, there does seem to be that author linked to previously that has written several books documenting lost people in the woods.

• Moderators

Some bizarre reading

Yeah, no shortage of horse pucky in this world. I love the freestanding mystical staircases all over the damn place that all these folks "know about" but won't touch. Or even photograph.  Right.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1