Fake Cops in Clarksville

CommsNBombs

http://clarksvillenow.com/local/clarksville-police-warn-of-police-imposters/

Anyone in the Clarksville/Fort Campbell area we got 2 muldoons posing as cops pulling people over and shaking them down - asking for drugs, money and to move to remote areas.

Pontiac with red/blue lightdecks (CPD uses all blue). Fake badges and radios.

Theyre operating around Madison/Riverside as of now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well, if that wasn't the end of the story, those two deputies need to be strung up.

They were probably jailers...not being negative or anything but we don't know what was going on during the stop with them so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

Got that right brother.

Im sure theyll be getting court martialed soon

Maybe, civies have the first crack at them, if they serve time the military may just wait until they get out.  No double jeopardy attached either.

They were probably jailers...not being negative or anything but we don't know what was going on during the stop with them so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know about Montgomery County but in Cheatham County my Grandson is a jailer and when he is not working at the jail he is packing his Glock and his identification including his real badge and has the same arrest authority as any other deputy on the force....... :popcorn: 

Edited by bersaguy

Picked up yesterday in Clarksville.

I'm interested in finding out what the actual badge they flashed was as the earlier news release description doesn't match an MP or CID badge. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that the local charges could be dismissed in order for the CID to pursue Federal charges. But most likely these losers will plead out, then be court martialed and kicked out of the military. They've pretty much thrown away and future educational opportunities and have limited their employment opportunities. That in and of itself is a lifetime punishment.

I'm interested in finding out what the actual badge they flashed was as the earlier news release description doesn't match an MP or CID badge. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that the local charges could be dismissed in order for the CID to pursue Federal charges. But most likely these losers will plead out, then be court martialed and kicked out of the military. They've pretty much thrown away and future educational opportunities and have limited their employment opportunities. That in and of itself is a lifetime punishment.

Probably a HCP badge lol...

It wont make it to a courts martial - theyll more than likely take the FGA15 do extra duty for 60 days or get slapped with a 15-6 and the IO will obvioualy get them a GOMOR...either way theyre boned.

Granted Im not sure what the military could charge them with, Article 134 is general but can deal with impersonating a senior military member - not sure that fits the bill

Maybe an Art 77 which is pretty broad or even an Article 127 for extortion if they can stretch that

Funny thing is I dont think the military has jurisdiction other than processing a Ch 14-12 and booting them out. A good lawyer can get them a Gen at a sep board but I doubt these guys are that cunning

All in all stupid idea

Probably a HCP badge lol...

It wont make it to a courts martial - theyll more than likely take the FGA15 do extra duty for 60 days or get slapped with a 15-6 and the IO will obvioualy get them a GOMOR...either way theyre boned.

Granted Im not sure what the military could charge them with, Article 134 is general but can deal with impersonating a senior military member - not sure that fits the bill

Maybe an Art 77 which is pretty broad or even an Article 127 for extortion if they can stretch that

Funny thing is I dont think the military has jurisdiction other than processing a Ch 14-12 and booting them out. A good lawyer can get them a Gen at a sep board but I doubt these guys are that cunning

All in all stupid idea

The only thing I could think of the military could charge them with would be possession of stolen property, drugs or a weapons charge if they were in on base housing. Otherwise it'd be something resulting from a drug screen or some such, but as you say even with a general discharge they've screwed the pooch. Really stupid stuff. I've seen more then a few police officers, deputies, jailers and correction officers do stupid stuff that got them arrested and tossed as well.

I don't know about Montgomery County but in Cheatham County my Grandson is a jailer and when he is not working at the jail he is packing his Glock and his identification including his real badge and has the same arrest authority as any other deputy on the force....... :popcorn:

Then your Grandson is a County Deputy; not a Corrections Officer. My guess would be these were rookie corrections officers that didn't know the local cops, and wasn't sure what was going on. Had they known they were fake cops I don't think they would have needed any authority above that of any other citizen to arrest them.