Star Wars fans will like this

Since I was 11 years old I have wanted a real Darth Vader helmet. EFX makes some killer Star Wars props. 

In 2011 they did a Legend edition helmet that cost over $900.00 it sold out in 4 minutes way before I knew they existed.

A couple of years ago I pre paid for another Star Wars prop that never materialized, I was offered a Special Edition Darth Vader helmet in store credit, as soon as I heard they were doing that helmet I jumped on it, it is the closest thing to the one David Prowse wore in A New Hope, the original Star Wars movie, it was delivered to me last week and man do I love this thing!

20160809_181432_zpsg5zog1vh.jpg

20160809_175944_zpskmdflhwd.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 10

Impressive! I can relate to the animals not liking it.

A few years back, I had a really good full head, gorilla mask for a party. I came home with it on thinking to scare my wife.

Instead I almost got eaten by our 90lb Chow. I came thru the door. She saw me, growled like only a dog in protective mode can do, and leaped on me.

I tore the mask getting it off.

I can only imagine what a terrified parrot would do.

You need my collection of old Star Wars toys to go with it. lol 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, luke9511 said:

Going for the full outfit or just the helmet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15567213551_82d7bd61ec_z.jpg

She put together the outfit, I just helped with the helmet(this pic is a loaner she used while I was refinishing hers) by Erik, on Flickr

15577034191_f85ddaa276_z.jpg

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

4 hours ago, willis68 said:

If you made that, I'm impressed, that is awesome!

"Made" is a little over the top, I did correct and refinish a terrible resin casting. Covering it with a dozen coats of black lacquer then polishing until it looked shiny enough that you might think you could dive in and take a swim.

14871862078_0e6942fb5d_z.jpg

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

I would feel comfortable stating that I built my TK(Stormtrooper) though. It started out looking like the largest plastic model you've ever seen.

15150569467_7d05778984_z.jpg

Hour #1 by Erik, on Flickr

15610668635_9b3abced30_z.jpg

Several hours and beers later. . . by Erik, on Flickr

15615205596_f1d0723d65_z.jpg

Many, many, many more hours (and beers) later it becomes! by Erik, on Flickr

• Like 5

I got into building light sabers a few years ago. The one in the top photo is made from an actual HR & MPP camera flash parts like the one used for Darth Vader in the original movies. I still need to locate a flash clamp & it will be complete. The bottom photo are two I made using sink, camera, & misc. electrical parts. (Sorry for the poor quality pics. Camera flashes don't cooperate well with chrome) I'm working on a Ep. IV "Graflex" light saber like the one given to Luke in the original Star Wars film, but it's taking a while because parts are hard to find or are too expensive.

Darth%20Saber_zps5nhk9pnv.jpg
Custom%20Sabers_zpsespsf9rs.jpg

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Like 6
On 8/11/2016 at 5:32 PM, willis68 said:

This is all you are getting, the house animals are freaking out and my African Grey parrot will never look at me again!

Are you kidding? If I owned that helmet, I'd wear it everywhere...you couldn't MAKE me take it off.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:38 PM, hipower said:

Impressive! I can relate to the animals not liking it.

A few years back, I had a really good full head, gorilla mask for a party. I came home with it on thinking to scare my wife.

Instead I almost got eaten by our 90lb Chow. I came thru the door. She saw me, growled like only a dog in protective mode can do, and leaped on me.

I tore the mask getting it off.

I can only imagine what a terrified parrot would do.

You need my collection of old Star Wars toys to go with it. lol 

Thats funny right there but glad the Chow didn't get to you enough before you got the mask off. This reminds me of back years ago when I was getting ready for Halloween and putting on my Grim Reaper make up to hand out candy that evening. My daughter and wife was going to be taking my grandchildren around the neighborhood. All the time I was putting my make up on my oldest grandson was watching me. Later that evening he was made up as batman when they arrived at our house. He would run up and knock and when the people would open the door he would yell out "I'm Batman" and people would give him candy and he would move to next house. Now take into consideration he knew that ths was poppaws house and was excited to say "I'm Batman when I opened the door. Well, he knocked and when the Grim Reaper opened the door He said I'm Batman and then the words OH NO!!! came out of his mouth and he clear the 3 steps of the porch in one leap and went running to my daughter and wife and hid behind them. They tried about 3 times to get him to go back and get his candy but he was having none of that. Later that night he had forgot about it and after they were done getting candy they came back to the house and came in and he saw me and this time instead of running he just stood there and peep his pants and It took about 5 minutes of me taking my makeup off to convince him it was poppaw. I did have a little problem giving candy away that night...........:clap:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...