Century Arms TP9SA

The mailman

Okay I just ordered a Century Arms TP9sa from SG.  They had TP9SA for about 5 different prices but other than color & capacity they seemed to be the same.  After I had ordered, then came the surprise.  The one I ordered was not a Canik.  It was actually a Century Arms TP9Sa.  It was somewhat cheaper than a Century Arms Canik TP9SA.  They look identical, etc. and they are both made in Turkey.  So I am now trying to find out if they are the same.  Anyone?

2 hours ago, bluemailman53 said:

Okay I just ordered a Century Arms TP9sa from SG.  They had TP9SA for about 5 different prices but other than color & capacity they seemed to be the same.  After I had ordered, then came the surprise.  The one I ordered was not a Canik.  It was actually a Century Arms TP9Sa.  It was somewhat cheaper than a Century Arms Canik TP9SA.  They look identical, etc. and they are both made in Turkey.  So I am now trying to find out if they are the same.  Anyone?

Has Century always been the only importer for that line, or maybe recently become the only one?

Did they drop the big "Canik" on the left side of slide or something? If so, maybe they've become the only importer and are trying to be more like Springfield XD markings, emphasizing the US company more than the maker?

Anyway, one way or the other, I'd feel comfortable wagering it's exact same heater.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

As far as I know, Century is the only importer for the Canik line. But that's not to say it's absolute.

I will say I'm extremely happy with mine. Enough so that, I'm thinking of another one to go with it. The TP9sa is a great range gun. Very good trigger with a super reset that is very easily felt and heard. As mentioned, it's no small pistol though. I'd put it in the 1911 size range. So it is carryable, but maybe bit of a printing issue with the 18 and 20 round mags.

I have just about decided I like it better than my Glocks. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, deafdogdief said:

I could be completely wrong, but wasn't there some hubbub about the manufacturing rights changing a few months ago? Maybe that's it?

Dunno, I still bet it's Century wanting to change emphasis now that the line has gained such popularity ... same reason Springfield XD doesn't show a big "HS Produkt" on the side.

- OS

• Like 1

I have a TP9V2, and it has all over it, Century Arms... And Canik

Either way, I am, and have been super impressed with it, the trigger is every bit as good as my VP9, ergo is on par as well honestly. There are parts of the Canik that can leave some to be desired, but overall its a killer deal, and has been 100% reliable, and has eaten everything Ive fed it...

photo 20160916_201910_zpsthpymevi.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, Oh Shoot said:

Dunno, I still bet it's Century wanting to change emphasis now that the line has gained such popularity ... same reason Springfield XD doesn't show a big "HS Produkt" on the side.

- OS

Yeah and I hope the price doesn't change and go high as hell  like S.A. did to the HS2000. It is now more than double priced than what it was when it started out.

On 9/21/2016 at 5:31 PM, bluemailman53 said:

Update.  I picked the gun up today and it has Canik on the box, on the gun, and on the holster.  So if  you order one from SG order the one that says Century Arms and you'll save $30.00.  It has a nice feel to it , can't wait to try her out.

So actually, nothing has changed at all then, just one of SG's typically incomplete product descriptions.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
34 minutes ago, XxthejuicexX said:

I shot my TP9SF today for the first time. LOVE IT. I was really impressed with it. The trigger is even better when firing live rounds. I'm going to see if I can find different sights and a new holster so I can start carrying it. 

And we have another convert! lol

Start acquiring mags for it as well. You'll need them. It gets tiring reloading all the time.

• Like 1