.22lr ammo prices are high in Tennessee:)

I was up to Whittakers a week or so ago and they were selling bricks of 525 Win 36grn for 30/brick, if my math is right a shade under 6 cents a round. But right here on TGO I see that bulk .22LR is going for .28/rd.  Looks like times are bad in TN.

I was up to Whittakers a week or so ago and they were selling bricks of 525 Win 36grn for 30/brick, if my math is right a shade under 6 cents a round. But right here on TGO I see that bulk .22LR is going for .28/rd.  Looks like times are bad in TN.

Yes our Laissez-faire economics are certainly revealing some interesting character traits here on TGO.
  • Like 6

Alamo Ammo had the Winchester and Remington 550 bricks I paid $17 for just a few month ago for get this........$249.00  I sent them an email and said I was marking them off of my list for any ammo.  I also said Congratulations!!! those prices were making the rounds on the gun forums and they were the laughing stock of the web..."  So far no reply.

Had to edit this....I guess they'll have the last laugh on me.  I just went back and they had Federal, Winchester and Remington 550 Bricks all for $249 EACH BRICK........now they only have Winchester!!! 

I'm amazed.  You can buy a brand new Ruger 10/22 for less than that on Gunbroker no less.

Edited by Randall53
TGO ammo prices haven't been all bad, there are many members here with morals that won't gouge their fellow member. Since sandy hook I've picked up about a dozen AR mags and haven't spent more than $25 on any of them. The bulk of those came from one stand up member who read a post saying I wish I had stocked up before things went crazy. He sold me 9 mags Troy, Pmags, and Colt GI for $9 a piece. Through talking a bit he found out I had no 223 and practically gave me 90 rounds and a bag of tracers to go along with the mags. Then cut me a steal of a deal on a CMMG kit so I wouldn't have to tap into the reserves just to shoot my at the time new AR.

Another member sold me 15 boxes of wolf 223 for the staggering price of $4.50 a box. That's what he had into it and that's what he wanted out of it. The $25 dollar GI mags were a trade I worked out for a few NIB remington 570 30 rounders that cost $25 each.

There are a few people that should feel ashamed in a few months when things normalize but there are some who have really proven to be good people as well.
  • Like 7

I guess they'll have the last laugh on me.  I just went back and they had Federal, Winchester and Remington 550 Bricks all for $249 EACH BRICK........now they only have Winchester!!! 

I'm amazed.  You can buy a brand new Ruger 10/22 for less than that on Gunbroker no less.

There are a lot of fools in this country.  Of course, we all figured that out on Nov. 7th, 2012.  Now what we learned, is just being reinforced!

There was some .22lr in the classifieds earlier, but I can't seem to find them now. The add actualy prompted me to buy a membership here. I was excited at the opportunity to finaly buy some .22 and how could you complain about over 3000 rounds for less than a thousand bucks, what a bargain.

Knoxville gun show boxes of 500 were $65 to $70. I thought that was crazy must not have been because they were all gone and no one really had any for sell after just a few hours. Hope something changes but it don't look good any time soon. The prices are going to have to start falling before folks start to sell them off. People are know investing in ammo just like it was gold and silver. As long as prices are still rising they will buy all they can get no matter what the price is.
I bought some bricks of CCI standard vel. at a store in FL last week for $50ea. Technically to me, it's high. But when looking online and everywhere else when you factor in availability and the prices I'm seeing, I can deal with it. So much so that I asked Grandma to swing in there and buy a couple more for us after we came home.
Would I be happy with the cheapest stuff I could find? Maybe. But then .10 a round for ammo that runs flawlessly in all my .22's is cheaper than shooting any of my other guns.

I've seen eley match ammo for less than $20 a box of 50 just roaming around the ammo sites online earlier today.  I think the last site I saw some at was Graf and sons.  If I gotta pay .30 around, it'll be for something like that.

Guest Msavard

Was just at the show in Southhaven today and pricing was 70-80 per brick of 22lr and I saw some guys getting 60-65 for 250 packs. 

9mm was scarce as well. A few guys had some and were getting 30-40 per box (50) depending on quality with the lower end being aquila or sellier & bellot)..... and highest was 45 for Remington (same guy getting 65 for 250 packs of 22lr) 

Don't go to a gunshow. $60-75 is the norm for Walmart Federal 550.  Everything else is just as absurd.

I'll not even discuss ammo prices on TGO.

Were people buying?   I'll quit shooting for fun before i pay that.

Echoing your TGO ammo prices comment. 

• Like 2
Guest Msavard

I was told a guy moved 30k rounds of 9mm at ~30/box on saturday in southhaven this weekend. His whole stock. didn't even come set up sunday.

Didn't stand around long enough to find out.  I can't stomach watching people being robbed.

They're only asking that much because people are willing to pay.  Not me.

• Like 1

Didn't stand around long enough to find out.  I can't stomach watching people being robbed.

They're only asking that much because people are willing to pay.  Not me.

Therein lies the crux of the problem.
Just say no.
  • Like 1