contain your jealousy

graycrait

A local pawn shop just got in 250 or handguns from its sister pawn shops who do not sell guns. Yes, I passed by 1911s, Glocks, .22WMR Automag, High Standard Sport King, Bauer .25 S&W Model 10 with 2" barrel  among many others for this little "gem."

IMG_20141119_133215_796_zps4cdfa3a5.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1
Well I've seen stranger thing's indeed... in another era those things were called suicide specials...which segued into Saturday Night Specials. What's often not reported is the fact that not all of them were junk, some worked reliably with the right ammunition.
I had one years ago. Bought it new. Price was $39.00 out the door! It always shot when I pulled the trigger on it. That's something I couldn't say about a few much more expensive guns I've owned. I did learn if you pocket carry it, the safety has a tendency to turn itself off.

I had one of these before and dismantled, smoothed what needed smoothing and shot the tar out of it. A friend needed it badly a few years ago and I let it go.  However I do believe it is the smallest .22LR in production, now as Jimenez, rather than Jennings.    I have shot both of the .22Short semis, the Beretta 950 and the tiny Astra, but I wanted another J22. One TGO member was going gun shop cruising in Nashville and I asked him to look for either the current production Jimenez .22 or the Jennings.  After getting laughed out of two stores I think he decided.... well anyway, I finally nabbed another.

You can see that the Jennings just about matches the Keltec P32 for profile size.  My KT 32 is underneath the J22 in the pic.

keltecbeneathJ22_zps76929844.jpg

Edited by graycrait

That wouldn't have been a Lorcin would it SWJTN? Although I have horrible memories of the AMT BU myself...that one taught me how to say no when someone offered to let me shoot their handgun of the moment.

I seriously do not remember. My department required me to carry off duty, so I bought it to throw in my back pocket in the summer when I wore shorts and wasn't going anywhere that I thought warranted carrying my Glock 22. I was a poor policeman at the time, and it was a cheap solution. I do remember that the barrel was fixed to the frame, and that the slide kind of slipped down over the barrel.

All Hail! All Hail! The Master of the 22 has scored again.

We may laugh and snicker, but time will show that these little jewels in the rough can be awesome after a time spent in the hands of the King!

Seen way too many of graycrait's before and after shots. In a few weeks, we will be clamoring to buy this.