Jump to content
BCR#1

Check out this idiot!

Recommended Posts

Maybe he has a license?? :shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've known a few guys who reload commercially, sold to individuals, gun shops, police depts., etc. Doing large volume is easy with the high speed Dillon's & the Hollywood machines of the past.

I would imagine that one should get references from prior users & make sure the maker has product/liability insurance.

I wouldn't call him an idiot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AuEagle said:

I've known a few guys who reload commercially, sold to individuals, gun shops, police depts., etc. Doing large volume is easy with the high speed Dillon's & the Hollywood machines of the past.=-09876

I wouldn't call him an idiot.

 

I really doubt he has a type 6 manufacturing license. The only press he has in all of his pictures is of a single stage Lee which tells me he is over his head trying to fill any large order.

Bill

I just checked and both ad's have been pulled so he must of had a coming to jesus moment and realized he didn't want to end up in club fed.

 

Edited by BCR#1
Added information
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He still has an ad for reloading 9mm. I commend the guy for trying but he could get himself in the trick bag pretty easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, it could get hairy for him. But, he could possibly have a license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, Jamie Jackson said:

I guess you have to be a member as this link takes me to a logon page.

 Is there a vid of the AD's or something else? 🥺

 

We have seen so many questionable postings and had so many people show up here trying to hunt down people who weren't even TGO members because of bad deals on that site, that we started blocking their URL just to keep people from accidentally hopping over there.

I see that I need to tweak the URL filter a bit more now.  :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

 

We have seen so many questionable postings and had so many people show up here trying to hunt down people who weren't even TGO members because of bad deals on that site, that we started blocking their URL just to keep people from accidentally hopping over there.

I see that I need to tweak the URL filter a bit more now.  :)

I remember when the site in question was open for anyone to browse or maybe even post.  It was quite entertaining...a couple of steps down from A-list.  😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garufa said:

I remember when the site in question was open for anyone to browse or maybe even post.  It was quite entertaining...a couple of steps down from A-list.  😀

I can't even count the number of times we had to ban people from coming here and stirring up drama about people on that site, who weren't even TGO members, because of bad deals.  Or the occasions when we would be alerted to the fact that some scammer over there was using photos and descriptions of firearms listed for sale on TGO to post bogus ads on that site.  People would Google whatever the key words were and then wind up here looking at the legit ad and raise hell with the legit ad's poster about whatever scam had happened to them on that site.

It took us a few times of that happening before we totally figured it out, but after that it was a 100% block for any URLs going there.

That place used to be a complete cesspool.  I can only assume it still is.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I can't even count the number of times we had to ban people from coming here and stirring up drama about people on that site, who weren't even TGO members, because of bad deals.  Or the occasions when we would be alerted to the fact that some scammer over there was using photos and descriptions of firearms listed for sale on TGO to post bogus ads on that site.  People would Google whatever the key words were and then wind up here looking at the legit ad and raise hell with the legit ad's poster about whatever scam had happened to them on that site.

It took us a few times of that happening before we totally figured it out, but after that it was a 100% block for any URLs going there.

That place used to be a complete cesspool.  I can only assume it still is.

 

Wow, never knew about the scammers, I do remember those complaining about deals gone wrong over there though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, Jamie Jackson said:

I guess you have to be a member as this link takes me to a logon page.

 Is there a vid of the AD's or something else? 🥺

Yes, membership needed for it. I actually have one that I'd forgotten about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hipower said:

Yes, membership needed for it. I actually have one that I'd forgotten about.

From the comment of @TGO David and others it appears I didn't miss anything LOL.

Some things, and places, are best avoided. And this seems to rank highly on that list. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's bad people everywhere. That site just has more land mines to have to sift through but after long enough time on there people learn who to avoid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TGO David said:

I can't even count the number of times we had to ban people from coming here and stirring up drama about people on that site, who weren't even TGO members, because of bad deals.  Or the occasions when we would be alerted to the fact that some scammer over there was using photos and descriptions of firearms listed for sale on TGO to post bogus ads on that site.  People would Google whatever the key words were and then wind up here looking at the legit ad and raise hell with the legit ad's poster about whatever scam had happened to them on that site.

It took us a few times of that happening before we totally figured it out, but after that it was a 100% block for any URLs going there.

That place used to be a complete cesspool.  I can only assume it still is.

 

Sounds like an ammo Craig's List type program. I don't do business on Craig's list either!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jamie Jackson said:

From the comment of @TGO David and others it appears I didn't miss anything LOL.

Some things, and places, are best avoided. And this seems to rank highly on that list. 

I vaguely remember one deal on it. Believe I bought a Taurus there. Maybe. Been a while back. I think. I remember the seller telling me to call if I wasn't satisfied with our deal. I wasn't within a few hours. I called for days and never got a reply.

Maybe a lot of others had better results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Dennis1209
      Fortunately I'm up early for a Steel Challenge match this A.M. and thought I'd check my email. Three hours ago [about 3:00 A.M.] I received an alert from "Freedom Munitions" they now have round nose, factory new, 115 grain in stock. At .43 cents a round pretty pricey but, what ya going to do, what if things continue and get worse? After my match today when I get home, I'm going to check and see if it's all sold out by then? Just a heads up.
      Edit: Sure nuff, they were sold out that afternoon. They did still have some 115 grain hollow points for 50 something cents a round though. Now every double tap I shoot I'll be thinking, dollar, dollar, dollar...
    • By xsubsailor
      I posted this down in the deal finder section but decided to throw it up here too.
      Graf & Sons has a pretty good selection of powder right now.
      https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3500
    • By Dirtshooter
      Just a heads up for anyone wanting large rifle primers. Midsouth shooter supply has CCI and Federal magnum primers for less that $0.04 each. Passing the info along.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines