Jump to content
leroy

What " In the ear " noise reducing gizmos doya like..?

Recommended Posts

Brothers n Sisters...

Been thinkin about upgrading my old earmuffs...  What hearing enhancing, noise cancelling " in the ear " gizmos doya like..?

leroy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use these, sometimes combined with electronic muffs.  I've been really happy with them.  I got the blue tooth ones because a friend has some and said his batteries last longer than the non-blue tooth ones.  I found them on sale at Midway for $130 or so.

https://www.walkersgameear.com/silencer-bluetooth-rechargeable-in-the-ear-pair/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be a tough one for me. I don't like anything in my ears for very long. I don't really like things over my ears very long either. It's going to suck when I need hearing aids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used these for a long time. Never had a problem with them and they get used a lot. 

Not sure if they are noise-canceling by definition.

They do have stereo sound so you can tell which direction sound is coming from.

They are also pretty popular so you may already have them or know someone that does. 

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Tactical-Electronic-Protection-shooters/dp/B0018DEZ54/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqfz6BRD8ARIsAIXQCf1VO0ET-_l0GD4cV1doYBTA5LSKRnjqKfLluW0B3Nkh7lR65F386LkaAvIoEALw_wcB&hvadid=346372055201&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9013409&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7544932379771080812&hvtargid=kwd-834307955&hydadcr=24660_10400765&keywords=peltor+earmuffs&qid=1600095149&sr=8-27&tag=googhydr-20

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 10:43 AM, deerslayer said:

I use these, sometimes combined with electronic muffs.  I've been really happy with them.  I got the blue tooth ones because a friend has some and said his batteries last longer than the non-blue tooth ones.  I found them on sale at Midway for $130 or so.

https://www.walkersgameear.com/silencer-bluetooth-rechargeable-in-the-ear-pair/

How are you liking those? Are you experiencing any issues with them? I've been eying up the non bluetooth versions for awhile. 

I have over the ear electronic ear pro but sometimes have difficulty getting a good cheek weld on my rifles when using them so im looking for something a little different. 

LC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm mulling over upgrading from Apple Airpods to the Airpod Pros to try the noise cancellation for shooting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old man has the Walker Game Ears. He seems to be happy with them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billmeek said:

I'm mulling over upgrading from Apple Airpods to the Airpod Pros to try the noise cancellation for shooting. 

Noise cancelling tech helps eliminate noticeable background noise, but it doesn’t protect you from that noise. The AirPods would NOT be suited for the purpose of hearing protection at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, leroy said:

Brothers n Sisters...

Been thinkin about upgrading my old earmuffs...  What hearing enhancing, noise cancelling " in the ear " gizmos doya like..?

leroy...

Kinda late to the party, and I'm not sure it qualifies as truly in-ear, but it seems like I can't hear anything since I got married...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, E4 No More said:

That would be a tough one for me. I don't like anything in my ears for very long. I don't really like things over my ears very long either. It's going to suck when I need hearing aids.

I've used several e-muffs for years, and I must say I like them. I have several pair of Peltor that I use for shooting and when I did yard work. They are big enough to fit over my dumbo ears without problems.

I am looking at hearing aids, or will be soon. Got checked a couple weeks ago and sure enough moderate to advanced lose in both ears. Won't be long now.

I'll hold out as long as I can...good excuse when I ignore my wife. lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hipower said:

I've used several e-muffs for years, and I must say I like them. I have several pair of Peltor that I use for shooting and when I did yard work. They are big enough to fit over my dumbo ears without problems.

I am looking at hearing aids, or will be soon. Got checked a couple weeks ago and sure enough moderate to advanced lose in both ears. Won't be long now.

I'll hold out as long as I can...good excuse when I ignore my wife. lol

My wife has claimed for years that I need hearing aids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines