Weird find at the range

I am wondering if the bullet was not seated firmly snd a misfeed pushed it back. Or maybe they took the "just the tip" meme literally. 

• Like 4

I used to work at a range and saw this from time to time. My guess would be it's a reload that was poorly put together. Other than that I don't know. Never seen it actually happen, just the aftermath. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, crake said:

I used to work at a range and saw this from time to time. My guess would be it's a reload that was poorly put together. Other than that I don't know. Never seen it actually happen, just the aftermath. 

you say that but then you know they were your reloads. Also, you were the one that once said to me "mseals22, there is no ammo shortage if you have a hammer. just make em shorter and then shoot em" you aint got 45's but you got 44's? no problem! apply the hammer! no 7.62x39 but you got 308s? bam! hammer!  its a true life hack. 

just cut 44's in half to make 22's and you're good to go for 22lr

Edited by Mseals22
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done something very close to that once while I was working up loads for my 223. I had 4 or 5 sets of 5 different charged loads that I was testing. I was shooting off the side of a trailer and to keep from scratching up my rifle, I put a cut piece of landscaping timber under the rifle on the side of the trailer. I got to around the last set of loads and knocked the timber off and it landed on top of my rounds. The weight of the timber drove the bullets into the cases of 3 or 4 rounds. Man I was mad.

4 hours ago, Garufa said:

Why?  I don’t know.

Pocket full of money and you like picking up casings with a magnet?

Maybe they missed the market. Looks like it might cure the 40s&w/10mm glock bulge. 

Didn’t think it would stump this group. 

• 4 weeks later...

Set the case in the correct shell holder in a single stage press, no dies. Press the handle down to get the case up. Grab hold of the bullet with good pliers and pull up on the handle. If you can't grip it use a hammer style bullet puller to get it close to factory settings or out. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By tnron
      is anyone else reloading for the 22 tcm ? i have been for around 5 yrs now . so what powders and bullets do you like ? 
    • By GoneBallistic
      I recently received some empty aluminum 9mm cases in a batch of misc. brass. I don't see why these can't be reloaded, but I've personally never heard of anyone actually doing it. Anyone have experience or potential issues I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

I did a brief search on this but came up empty. My apologies if it's already been discussed.
    • By Currently
      Purchased the software about a year ago.
      Then realized ‘garbage in=garbage out’ so I then purchased a Pro Chrono for velocity measurements.
      I would like to spend some time with someone who is experienced with the software to learn “tip,tricks and traps” to get me over the initial hump of learning how to use Quickload.
      I’m a little overwhelmed with what the software can do and I am over analyzing everything.  “Analysis Paralysis”
      I’ve printed out the Quickload manual and read through it several times.
      I do have many years of reloading behind my belt and recently got back into it after divorce, college, raising family and other life events that shifted my priorities.  
      Could some kind soul allow me to spend an afternoon with them so I can pick their brains and experience?
      Willing to travel an hour or so and provide pizza and refreshments for your time.
    • By PoofNoEyeBrows
      Here's the question. I cast 100 .452 RNFP (Lee Die) 255gr bullets. Because of the high antimony content the bullets averaged out at 222gr. What if any considerations should I take into account for the weight difference? My first thought is that I would stick with 255gr load data as the size of the round is the same thus limiting case capacity. I would assume that velocity would more then likely increase since weight is different, unless the bearing surface of the bullet actually has more of an effect then the overall weight. Anyways, let the speculation begin.
      Round Details
      Caliber: 460 Rowland
      Powders: Accurate #7 / #5
      Brass: Starline (New)
      Primers: Winchester (LP)

• By digger
      Tired of the noise and wear with my vibrating tumbler. Any thoughts about rotary tumblers (wet or dry) and brand suggestions?
      Considering Frankfort Arsenal Platinum Series

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines