Middle TN people, where tf can I buy some Blanton's?

Loid

Ok, why does it seem like some secret underground club of people that have access to this bourbon? Is there a secret handshake I need to know? Is there a guy I can meet in a dark alley that has a bottle in his trenchcoat? I just want one bottle to drink with friends ffs.

Rant over, but if anybody knows a guy who knows a guy, please speak up.

3 hours ago, derf said:

The wooden cork on line has it. I ordered from them before with no issues. 

$207 after the slowest shipping, ugh I can't do it.

16 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

We could tell ya,  but then we’d have to kill ya.😎

What if I know the password. Is it "New England Clam Chowder"?

Just now, TGO David said:

I remember when you could walk into practically any store and buy Blanton's easily.  TV and hype culture has absolutely ruined it.

It has, I've had a group of friends over to watch the last 2 John Wick movies, tried to get some just for ####s and giggles and it's unobtainium. Watching part 4 Saturday and looks like I'll be 0-3.

6 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

Last place I knew of to buy a Blanton, was the TN Governor's office a few years back.

I was just a kid at the time but remember the scandal.  Wasn’t selling liquor licenses one of the things he was popped for?

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I was just a kid at the time but remember the scandal.  Wasn’t selling liquor licenses one of the things he was popped for?

Don't forget the paroles he was hawking ...

• Like 1

This is wild to see how coveted this has become. 

I used to be in food and beverage. This was always $65 a bottle without a case break. My how the times have changed. What spiked the popularity? I understand it’s incredibly good bourbon but what was the tipping point that made this so popular? The derby and the little horse on top? Or is it just hipsters from Brooklyn who sparked the newest “every bar needs two mid-tier old fashioneds trend”?

• Like 1
  • Administrator
14 hours ago, Scotty said:

This is wild to see how coveted this has become. 

I used to be in food and beverage. This was always $65 a bottle without a case break. My how the times have changed. What spiked the popularity? I understand it’s incredibly good bourbon but what was the tipping point that made this so popular? The derby and the little horse on top? Or is it just hipsters from Brooklyn who sparked the newest “every bar needs two mid-tier old fashioneds trend”?

John Wick movies.  Various TV or streaming series.  Basically, bandwagon riders causing the rules of supply and demand to skew heavily in favor of the liquor stores and wide profit margins.

I'm to the point where if I discover a whiskey or bourbon that I like, I don't talk it up to anyone.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Kimber451911 said:

Bought a few for 69 each last year.. which is too much. Same place wants 109 this year. Glad I prefer 10yr Henry McKenna and Taylor… as I can normally find them in the 50’s enough that I should never run out 

McKenna is absolutely horrid stuff, tastes like swamp water, and will make a man's testes shrink.  Everyone should avoid it!

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 3
On 6/20/2023 at 6:21 PM, TGO David said:

McKenna is absolutely horrid stuff, tastes like swamp water, and will make a man's testes shrink.  Everyone should avoid it!

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

It was Skeeter Skelton"s favorite whiskey,a lot of old boomers like it just for that😂