Movie " The sound of Freedom "

I want to see this movie. I’ve been hearing good things about it. I’ve also been hearing that the “Helly-weird” elites are mad about it, which, to me, is also hearing good things about it. 

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, res308 said:

I want to see this movie. I’ve been hearing good things about it. I’ve also been hearing that the “Helly-weird” elites are mad about it, which, to me, is also hearing good things about it. 

Yes. It seems to be raising the hackles on the left bigtime! So many are praising this that I may have to drag the wife to a theater next week!

Plus has Jim Caviezal! A great actor. A man of Conviction and stands by it!

My more liberal friends are putting it down. That's good enough for me!

• Like 6

My in-laws bought us tickets, so we went with them. I hadn't heard of it before.

The story itself is very potent. During my visit, you could hear people sucking back tears during the film. For that alone I would suggest that people go see it.

The only thing that bugged me was in the ending credits. There's a countdown timer until a "special message" where Caviezal starts talking about how he wants this movie to become the next Uncle Tom's Cabin by making people aware of this slave trade. I'm honestly thinking "heck yeah.... tell us what we can do to help" when suddenly they flash up a QR code, but not to donate money or time to organizations that target the slave trade. Nope, it's a QR code to buy other people tickets to the movie. I mean seriously? He doesn't even say that a portion of the proceeds go to saving kids, nope, just buy people tickets and spread the word about the movie.

So the left immediately shot this film down because of Caviezal and Tim Ballard (he's the guy Caviezal plays) have a heavy involvement with Qanon. Honestly that probably would have turned me off as well had i known ahead of time, just like I won't be watching The Flash because of Ezra Miller's crazy ass (plus, DC sucks). But, I will say that unless it's subtle, I didn't catch any Qanon recruitment vibes in the film.

• Like 2

If this movie is even half as good as the last Angel Studios file (His Only Son), I can't miss it. Although I haven't seen it yet, I already have my mind made up about what kind of people would be against a movie about rescuing kids from child sex traffickers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, BigK said:

If this movie is even half as good as the last Angel Studios file (His Only Son), I can't miss it. Although I haven't seen it yet, I already have my mind made up about what kind of people would be against a movie about rescuing kids from child sex traffickers.

People like this….

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/07/18/bloomberg-hit-piece-against-sound-of-freedom-penned-by-pro-pedophile-advocate-report-1378468/

• Angry 3

We saw it last weekend.  Thought it showed a powerful message.  The fact that Disney wouldnt release it is enough for me to buy into it, not to mention the respect i have for Tim Ballard, Jim Caviezel and Angel Studios.  Mel Gibson, who I also respect had supported it also, i think maybe after the fact.  When the left goes after something to this degree, it usually means its something to support and listen to.  Whether or not there a huge secret govt cabal of child traffickers like qanon alleges or not, the fact exists that child trafficking IS a huge problem and needs to be stopped.  God's children are NOT for sale/.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
3 hours ago, BigK said:

I'd like to see this one, but I doubt my wife would get through it. 

If you haven't watched "The Chosen", you should. It's fantastic. 

https://new.thechosen.tv/

• Like 2

My wife and I saw it this afternoon. Very powerful message. The left is really going after this movie. Honestly, after watching, I don't understand why. There was no political message. Nothing against the Left or the Right. It does make a powerful point about child sex trafficking. At the end it posts some sobering facts about how there are more people that are slaves now, than at any other point in human history and that it is estimated that millions are children.  How any mainstream political group could be against this, is beyond my comprehension. 

I agree with @NoBanStan, that here was no Qanan vide to this movie. 

I do urge everyone to go see it!!! 

• Like 7
On 7/21/2023 at 9:31 PM, Moped said:

My wife and I saw it this afternoon. Very powerful message. The left is really going after this movie. Honestly, after watching, I don't understand why. There was no political message. Nothing against the Left or the Right. It does make a powerful point about child sex trafficking. At the end it posts some sobering facts about how there are more people that are slaves now, than at any other point in human history and that it is estimated that millions are children.  How any mainstream political group could be against this, is beyond my comprehension. 

I agree with @NoBanStan, that here was no Qanan vide to this movie. 

I do urge everyone to go see it!!! 

If you’d team is not staunchly against pedophilia, you should really re evaluate the team you are on.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 2