Israel Attacked (This will be interesting...)

57 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Reminds me of Oct 1973. I was a young troop in 2nd Armored at Ft. Hood when the Yom Kipper War started. We were on high alert, packed and ready to roll. Just waiting for the word to go. 
I wonder if our troops are on alert now? 

With Biden as Commander-In Chief, he'll drop a bomb on Iceland and send troops in to protect the flow of ice cream.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

It's amazing how y'all manage to bring Biden into every discussion.

You know, people shake a stick at me over almost everything I post. But I posted this very important, world shaping (potentially) event to discuss it and keep track of something that should be important to even semi-informed Americans. I did it in an intentionally neutral tone, although I suppose many could inject a political angle to it. Maybe try and not mention Trump or Biden in this thread, because this forum apparently has their proponents in equal number. Let's keep this open and limited to Israel and the war that is happening across their entire country today.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, OMCHamlin said:

You know, people shake a stick at me over almost everything I post. But I posted this very important, world shaping (potentially) event to discuss it and keep track of something that should be important to even semi-informed Americans. I did it in an intentionally neutral tone, although I suppose many could inject a political angle to it. Maybe try and not mention Trump or Biden in this thread, because this forum apparently has their proponents in equal number. Let's keep this open and limited to Israel and the war that is happening across their entire country today.

Y’all should take note of this. @OMCHamlin is fully on point here. Let’s all try really hard to remain on topic instead of devolving into petty non-sequitur partisan barbs that add exactly zero to the conversation. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

This will continue until one of the two groups are eliminated. Unfortunately the groups that are pulling the strings will find new groups for a new proxy war if that ever happened. I'd be a shame if the responsible parties had to shoot at one another.

There is a third option. 

qIyN90z.jpg

• Like 2

The US pushed Israel into negotiating peace with Yassir Arafat, a known terrorist. This is what happens when you negotiate with terrorists. We have, or at least had, a policy of non-negotiation but what's good for me is not good for you. Sound familiar? I am not at all surprised, world society will continue to degrade until God says enough.

• Like 4

Given the current administration, there is no need for Israel to curry favor or show any restraint with the Palestinian thing.   It's very possible ( I think ) that we may see the end of an autonomous West Bank and Gaza because of this suicidal move.  " Palestinian Widows " may be earily similar to the " Chechenian Widows " that the Russians made several years ago.  Israel may go for " The Head of the Snake " in Iran as well...

leroy ...

• Like 1

Israel has been held back for years by the liberal bleeding hearts all over the world, especially in the U.S. and its current administration. Speculation now is that Israeli intelligence didn't fail. They knew this was coming and let it happen. Now Israel has a valid reason, in the world view, to deal with Hamas and the Palestinian problem for once and for all. 

Hamas done FA'd and now they're about to FO. 

• Like 1

If Israel knew it was going to happen, they would have preemptively started cutting throats and laying in wait as they've done before. I hope Israel now destroys Hamas and everyone connected with them. You can't live with the Hamas animals. They're rabid dogs and rapid dogs need putting down.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, crc4 said:

Wonder how that happened? Anyone have a clue who's responsible? 

If you are fishing for a way to blame a certain admin or another to make a political statement , the US has left military equipment all over the globe for basically ever.  It’s cheaper to leave it that bring it back.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Garufa said:

If you are fishing for a way to blame a certain admin or another to make a political statement , the US has left military equipment all over the globe for basically ever.  It’s cheaper to leave it that bring it back.

Leaving it to the Talian was such a Brilliant move too! It's far cheaper to give military equipment to the enemy. Maybe he should have given them keys to the White House (or maybe they already have them).

Edited by crc4
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, leroy said:

Given the current administration, there is no need for Israel to curry favor or show any restraint with the Palestinian thing.   It's very possible ( I think ) that we may see the end of an autonomous West Bank and Gaza because of this suicidal move.  " Palestinian Widows " may be earily similar to the " Chechenian Widows " that the Russians made several years ago.  Israel may go for " The Head of the Snake " in Iran as well...

leroy ...

If they are smart, they will do it and get it done very quickly. They’ll quickly lose world support over this, countries are going to be calling for restraint in about two days. Israel needs to get it the heck done. The hostages are screwed anyway, Netanyahu needs to declare a national day of mourning for the “Martyrs of Israel”, write them off and level Gaza. 

Edited by OMCHamlin
9 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Reminds me of Oct 1973. I was a young troop in 2nd Armored at Ft. Hood when the Yom Kipper War started. We were on high alert, packed and ready to roll. Just waiting for the word to go. 
I wonder if our troops are on alert now? 

Seems I remember the IDF kicked ass in the Yom Kipper War.  
Oddly enough the Egyptian  military considered that war a great military triumph and were hailed as heroes at home. 
I sat through a brief by Egyptian officers proudly presenting this point of view. 

I believe the IDF will handle their business. 
I do wonder if somehow Russia has some hand in encouraging this with their ally Iran. 

US and EU munitions stockpiles are getting low.  

• Moderators

This is Israel’s chickens coming home to roost. They created Hamas. (I don’t mean in an esoteric fashion like creating the general mood and circumstances in settlement policy, but directly by funding the organizations since the 70s that joined together and formed it in 87.) 

They now have their excuse to go through and commit genocide. I expect that Gaza will cease to exist as a Palestinian entity after this. Israel’s southern land grab will likely now become complete. They’ve been doing it piecemeal through the settlements, but now they can do it in one fell swoop. 

The modern day nation state of Israel has taken great advantage of the American evangelicals’ continued conflation with it and the biblical naming of God’s people as Israel. They’ve used this affinity borne of confusion to subvert our foreign policy to support those who are not true allies though they wear the masks of one. There is no special interest lobby even close to as powerful as the Israel lobby. They have done as much to bend American foreign policy to their will and against our actual interests far beyond even the House of Saud. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1