Gaston Glock died

Chucktshoes

RIP Sir.

Love Glocks or hate them I don't think anyone can deny the incredible impact that design had/has on the firearms industry.

Everybody (for the most part) jumped on the "striker fired, plastic gun" bandwagon and that concept is ubiquitous today.

In my experience Glocks work, they just work and keep working. I just sent my 1997 G19-3 into ATEi for a milling for my 509t (again). The G19-3 has above 50K rounds through it and this is my second replacement slide...I've broken 2 over the years.

So, I'm biased, But it doesn't change the fact it was an innovative concept that was well marketed.

Much Respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
32 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

In case anybody has any concerns about the future of the company going forward, has no fear. Gaston has sons and grandsons, and they all look and act exactly like him.

Gaston cut his ex-wife and his sons and daughter with her out of the company back in the early 2000's.  It was all the scandalous rage in the firearms community (and business world, I guess) at the time.

I'm sure he put in place the necessary mechanisms to keep the company moving ahead, though.

Edited to add...

A lot of the stories about this seem to be behind news source paywalls.  🙄 

I did find this one that isn't, though, albeit it is a little thin on some of the additional details:

Guns, Money And Attempted Murder: Divorce Case Shakes The Glock Firearms Empire - TPM – Talking Points Memo

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, TGO David said:

Gaston cut his ex-wife and his sons and daughter with her out of the company back in the early 2000's.  It was all the scandalous rage in the firearms community (and business world, I guess) at the time.

I'm sure he put in place the necessary mechanisms to keep the company moving ahead, though.

Edited to add...

A lot of the stories about this seem to be behind news source paywalls.  🙄 

I did find this one that isn't, though, albeit it is a little thin on some of the additional details:

Guns, Money And Attempted Murder: Divorce Case Shakes The Glock Firearms Empire - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

“They all look and act exactly like him.“

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Haha 2

Brother Gaston revolutionized the handgun world. 

The bad was he laid to rest the grand old tradition of blue steel and walnut loved by so many of us here and around the world.  The good news is that his " Tupperware pistolas " made everybody a gunsmith, armed everybody at a reasonable price, and birthed a great new generation of ultra reliable, albeit ugly pistolas. 

A truly earthshaking and momentus accomplishment for this funny looking guy from Austria who apparently didn't like his family n did like pretty women.

" Rest in Peace Gaston "... You did great things for all us gun affectionados, armed armies, and made " honored retirement " possible for all the grand blue steel n walnut masterpieces who came before.  If that ain't a great legacy, I simply don't know what is.

Saluting leroy... The Gaston Glock memorial orator n affectionado....

I got an older mdl 23 40 cal and a newer mdl 19 Gen 5 9MM. The 19 has the better grip IMO. The 23 is older fat grip and is too large for my hands. 

I have gravitated to the S W M P series of Tupperware guns. Like them much better. 

Glock did change the pistol world!